Username: Password:

Author Topic: New songs for download?  (Read 4353 times)

airgeneralpong

• View Profile
New songs for download?
« on: August 19, 2009, 04:40:49 pm »
Now seems like there is only one song left (regarding to PSP version), which is "I Want" for L4U. Any ideas on what would be the next songs they will release after that? Should be the remix A & B of the others? How about songs from Dearly Stars, possible or not?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 04:44:37 pm by airgeneralpong »

Ztrack

• Greenhorn
  • 団結ポワー
    • View Profile
Re: New songs for download?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 05:14:28 pm »
I imagine they'll stop support for L4U soon. It's almost been a year and a half since it's been released.

While I'd like to see L4U versions of the DS songs, I can also see nintendo restricting their use, because when a game releases on a nintendo platform, the content is only usable by nintendo due to their licensing regulations. That's why you see the Licensed By Nintendo on the first screen of every game on a nintendo system.

Drunken Watermelon

• Producer
  • Mmm, that's tasty!
    • View Profile
    • The Internet Starts Here
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 05:36:53 pm »
I'd quite sure that's not always the case, but I don't really know since I just hammer the start button while screaming "SKIP SKIP SKIP SKIP SKIP GOD DAMNIT SKIP" in my head.

BT2

• Producer
  • ξ*'ω')ξ にょわー☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 05:48:08 pm »
the content is only usable by nintendo due to their licensing regulations. That's why you see the Licensed By Nintendo on the first screen of every game on a nintendo system.
Err, the reason why you see the license screen doesn't mean much more than that Nintendo approved the game for release on a certain medium., thus cashing in a certain percentage of the sold ganes/profit.
Everything is still the intellectual property of the original publisher(s) etc, or in this case NBGI, so they can do whatever they want with it, whenever they want.

h4ataraxia

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 08:51:57 pm »
my best guess is they might release MS songs such as arcadia, LOBM, etc.

Sam

• HOLD IT!! ... You just lost the game
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 10:10:58 am »
I'd quite sure that's not always the case, but I don't really know since I just hammer the start button while screaming "SKIP SKIP SKIP SKIP SKIP GOD DAMNIT SKIP" in my head.
Is there some sort of rule that forbids them to allow you to skip it the moment you lay eyes on it?

"My past is like my logic, straight and true. Nothing's changed. All I did was point the finger of justice in the proper direction." - Phoenix Wright (Gyakuen Saiban 4)

Drunken Watermelon

• Producer
  • Mmm, that's tasty!
    • View Profile
    • The Internet Starts Here
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2009, 12:44:49 pm »
Is there some sort of rule that forbids them to allow you to skip it the moment you lay eyes on it?
It's like my buttons aren't even there! One of these days there's going to be a game with a big fat 50 minute long opening that you can't skip, you'll see everybody leaving their consoles on as if they were playing that one Nes RPG where it makes you play the same game twice to get the true ending with no saving functionality and a power cut would be your worst nightmare..
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 04:39:54 pm by Drunken Watermelon »

Sam

• HOLD IT!! ... You just lost the game
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2009, 02:55:55 pm »
It's like my buttons aren't even there! One of these days there's going to be a game with a big fat 50 minute long opening that you can skip, you'll see everybody leaving their consoles on as if they were playing that one Nes RPG where it makes you play the same game twice to get the true ending with no saving functionality and a power cut would be your worst nightmare..
You philosophy speaks true...
And as I say this, I have no idea what game you're talking about XD...

"My past is like my logic, straight and true. Nothing's changed. All I did was point the finger of justice in the proper direction." - Phoenix Wright (Gyakuen Saiban 4)

Tokome

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2009, 01:01:42 am »
I know that the A&B Remixes of Colorful Days were released somewhat recently, along with new costumes: the candy one and the "red devil"(?) one.

If they could have downloadable songs for the DS, that would be great. But then I think there's a reverse "nintndo Only" licensing problem.

BT2

• Producer
  • ξ*'ω')ξ にょわー☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2009, 03:54:35 am »
Sigh.
Again, songs aren't the property of Nintendo, MS or Sony so NBGI can do what they want with them, a game being licensed doesn't mean that NBGI gave away their (intellectual) property away to a third party.
A game license isn't much more than a moneyhogging approval that the contents of a game is deemed suitable for the target system by the licenser.

Also, unless someone proves me wrong, iM@S DS doesn't have the capabilities for 'real' DLC, though it does have unlockables.

h4ataraxia

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2009, 08:39:49 am »
Also, unless someone proves me wrong, iM@S DS doesn't have the capabilities for 'real' DLC, though it does have unlockables.

seems like unlockable cause its "free"

also SP will have new songs; so fear not.