Username: Password:

Author Topic: Hello everyone! Nice to meet you!  (Read 5760 times)

flashholter

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
Hello everyone! Nice to meet you!
« on: May 27, 2019, 02:20:32 am »
Hello everyone! Nice to meet you! I'm new to idolm@ster franchise.

I watched the anime idolm@ster cinderella girls season 1 and 2 and the gekijou short series.

I haven't played any idolm@ster games, except the tutorial of idolm@ster shiny colors, and i don't understand some of the conversations, as I don't understand japanese that well.

I tried searching for any idolm@ster games in apple appstore but there aren't any. Probably because they're not available in my country (I'm from Indonesia).

Is there any english idolm@ster game I can play?

I don't have any platform to play game except my windows PC. And I don't think I can play any game in my apple iphone.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
Re: Hello everyone! Nice to meet you!
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2019, 08:37:16 am »
Welcome

Unfortunately, there are no im@s games in english... There once was an english port of Shiny Festa on the iOS, but it has been removed from the app store a few years ago, and it was really expensive. Technically there is also the PlayStation VR Cinderella Girls game in english, but it isn't much of a game, you are just watching the girls perform on stage as if you are part of the audience.

The only "real" option to play im@s in english, is the fan translations of im@s SP, but that requires a PSP with custom firmware.

flashholter

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2019, 06:41:59 am »
Thank you!

I see... That's too bad. I think I did see a Im@s game in the appstore long ago, and if I remember correctly, yes, it was expensive. And the PSP sounds like a lot of work. Decent consoles are also scarce here.

Maybe I should learn japanese a little bit (those kanjis are so difficult) and play Shiny Colors, or I could look for some tutorial on how to play it.

Kimiko

• Producer
  • Hi there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2019, 10:33:56 am »
Thank you!

I see... That's too bad. I think I did see a Im@s game in the appstore long ago, and if I remember correctly, yes, it was expensive. And the PSP sounds like a lot of work. Decent consoles are also scarce here.

Maybe I should learn japanese a little bit (those kanjis are so difficult) and play Shiny Colors, or I could look for some tutorial on how to play it.

I can only read simple kanji but if you learn what words mean it's pretty easy to navigate the game with just listening what the girls say. For commus there is an item in shiny colors which tells you the best answer for choices

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2019, 09:28:34 am »
Thank you!

If you want to learn to read kanji, have a look at wanikani.com, that's how i learned it.

flashholter

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2019, 11:50:59 am »
I can only read simple kanji but if you learn what words mean it's pretty easy to navigate the game with just listening what the girls say. For commus there is an item in shiny colors which tells you the best answer for choices
If you want to learn to read kanji, have a look at wanikani.com, that's how i learned it.
Hey thanks for all the helpful tips!
Maybe one last thing. What is the best browser to play shiny colors?

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2019, 12:09:32 pm »
Hey thanks for all the helpful tips!
Maybe one last thing. What is the best browser to play shiny colors?

I don't think it matters. I use(d) Chrome without issues. Smartphone also works well (although mine is much slower than my desktop PC which shows in loading times and sometimes stuttering on stage).

Kimiko

• Producer
  • Hi there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2019, 12:29:49 pm »
I play shiny colors through chrome on my mobile phone and it works better than my pc. I guess it depends on the device

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2019, 08:32:10 am »
I play shiny colors through chrome on my mobile phone and it works better than my pc. I guess it depends on the device

Yeah, my phone is a few years old and my PC is meant for gaming. In my case it would be really sad if the phone performed better.

flashholter

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2019, 01:45:13 pm »
I'll try to use chrome then.