Username: Password:

Author Topic: The General Random Thoughts and Conversation Thread.  (Read 73571 times)

ZetaFlare

• Producer
  • Chief of ACME Crimenet's San Diego Divison
    • View Profile
Re: The General Random Thoughts and Conversation Thread.
« Reply #210 on: August 29, 2015, 09:09:23 pm »
These past two weeks have been busy, toasty (leftover high pressure from monsoons in Baja California are making it pretty muggy up here), and unlucky. Busy with four job interviews, unlucky because three of them were failures. And I've been struggling to find a new job that fits my abilities perfectly. Been the same old story ever since I got laid off from my last position back in May 2013. My interview skills have gotten much better, but even with the help of the Department of Rehab, my luck just falls short...always losing to people with more experience.

A week from now I'm heading to PMX...too bad it happens to be on the same weekend as Saboten-con, which I've really been wanting to go to for a while now. Still, I've managed to book my first official con performance since I started posting my keyboard covers! I've put together a lineup celebrating the 10th anniversary of iDOLM@STER and the 5th anniversary of Love Live. Been practicing quite a bit recently, but now that the rest of next week is free I'm clear to practice more diligently. I'll have the performance recorded and posted into my "keyboard cover me" thread once I get the chance. Wish me luck!

Aside from that, after I work on a fanfiction, I'm thinking of designing a sprite battle PowerPoint animation designed like a Shining Force/Fire Emblem-style strategy RPG (I always tend to give my animations a video game/visual novel sort of feel). The first eight levels are selected Megaman style. Now I just have to come up with a good party and playable mechanics.

Tafira

• Apprentice
  • Casual Fan :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 29, 2015, 11:35:11 pm »
Sorry to hear about your job troubles Zeta, hope you find a good position soon.
As long as you don't give up, surely you'll find it.
But it sounds like you have some good things to look forward to with your formal performances ^^
Ganbarimasu!

As for myself, I have just finished my first week of college and though a lot things, like the learning environment and campus, are different from high school, I think the transition is going well.
(Well I was late for one class by 10 minutes but that's just one thing)
I signed up for a Japanese class, so... we'll see how that goes.  8)

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 30, 2015, 02:56:19 pm »
These past two weeks have been busy, toasty (leftover high pressure from monsoons in Baja California are making it pretty muggy up here), and unlucky. Busy with four job interviews, unlucky because three of them were failures. And I've been struggling to find a new job that fits my abilities perfectly. Been the same old story ever since I got laid off from my last position back in May 2013. My interview skills have gotten much better, but even with the help of the Department of Rehab, my luck just falls short...always losing to people with more experience.

A week from now I'm heading to PMX...too bad it happens to be on the same weekend as Saboten-con, which I've really been wanting to go to for a while now. Still, I've managed to book my first official con performance since I started posting my keyboard covers! I've put together a lineup celebrating the 10th anniversary of iDOLM@STER and the 5th anniversary of Love Live. Been practicing quite a bit recently, but now that the rest of next week is free I'm clear to practice more diligently. I'll have the performance recorded and posted into my "keyboard cover me" thread once I get the chance. Wish me luck!

Aside from that, after I work on a fanfiction, I'm thinking of designing a sprite battle PowerPoint animation designed like a Shining Force/Fire Emblem-style strategy RPG (I always tend to give my animations a video game/visual novel sort of feel). The first eight levels are selected Megaman style. Now I just have to come up with a good party and playable mechanics.

Well, from memory, someone made basically what amounts to an SRPG maker, in 2D FE style, complete with a FE mechanics set preassembled.

It's fairly well featured, and has most of what you'd be looking for (Since there's an engine behind this) but the catch is that it's currently only in Japanese, so you'd need a way around that. (Hey, I'm vaguely useful even without all my equipment at the moment.)

As for me? I'm still too busy coughing up crap (apparently surviving a fire with asbestos has consequences) and more worrying, my roommate's gone down harder than I have.

So I'm here with mostly nothing to do, because he's the one who covers the rent (and I handle all the other stuff, and all the admin/paperwork) and without his approval, I can't resettle, and without any of my stuff working (Setting up where I am is not a good idea) I can't really do much else.

It makes me borderline useless right now, and it's really, really depressing.
Games are streamed at www.hitbox.tv/Aliciana/
No focus, any platform, suggestions welcome

Currently accepting Platinum Stars requests: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2575.0

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2415 - My technical notes on good quality recording.

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #213 on: August 31, 2015, 04:35:48 am »
Hope you guys can get through your troubles soon enough.

As for me personally, I'm finally going to get my YouTube channel on track. I made a Channel Introduction/Test Video on my YouTube channel, MetalPredat0r.

https://youtu.be/uD7RkF5wq_M

This will be where the iM@S 9/18 Discussion will be posted.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Ivan The Mouse

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 31, 2015, 03:29:25 pm »
I swear this day has the crummiest pattern of weather ever.

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 28, 2015, 10:56:26 pm »
So I was at Barnes and Noble between classes and...

http://i.imgur.com/W7fiqSC.jpg

Gotta say, they were the absolute LAST things I expected to see there. Considering they aren't even massively major characters in the anime...

Nayre

• Haisai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 29, 2015, 08:31:55 am »
So I was at Barnes and Noble between classes and...

http://i.imgur.com/W7fiqSC.jpg

Gotta say, they were the absolute LAST things I expected to see there. Considering they aren't even massively major characters in the anime...

Well, I may now have a reason to visit my local B&N. XD

Good find!  I don't see that Mika though... x. o

chikorita157

• わたし、気になります!
    • View Profile
    • Chikorita157's Anime Blog
« Reply #217 on: October 03, 2015, 08:59:59 pm »
Yep, it's not the first time the post office damaged my packages from Japan. For a while now, I decided to buy the Cinderella Girls G4U packs since I kind of want to own the series on Blu-ray. I decided to do so when I decided to buy the 2nd volume and I thought to myself, I may as well buy all 9 since I have some disposable income because I mostly spend my time at home and not going out to eat at all, except special occasions. So far, I have Anastasia, Anzu, and Rika. Now the 5th one came in the mail and of course, the delivery box is somewhat dented. When I open the package, yep the box is somewhat damaged but the contents are ok. It's very ironic that it happens to be the volume featuring Honda Mio, that girl who fans loves to hate for some reason because of what happened in the 6th episode. It's pretty ironic to say, but I usually don't get dented boxes through Air Mail (EMS is too expensive and I don't need it badly). Probably the postal workers were throwing the boxes like footballs or something.

I do need to get the first volume soon.

Ivan The Mouse

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 03, 2015, 09:44:40 pm »
Is it only me that don't hate Mio at all and, instead, just shook his head out of bleakness and pitied her, as if you just want to hug the poor little bundle of enthusiasm because her expectations were so far from reality and she was clearly too young to understand it?

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 04, 2015, 02:09:53 am »
Is it only me that don't hate Mio at all and, instead, just shook his head out of bleakness and pitied her, as if you just want to hug the poor little bundle of enthusiasm because her expectations were so far from reality and she was clearly too young to understand it?

I don't hate Mio, I just don't think too highly of her anymore. Really, she's more heavy joke bait for me than anything else.
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

Ivan The Mouse

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 04, 2015, 07:17:31 am »
I don't hate Mio, I just don't think too highly of her anymore. Really, she's more heavy joke bait for me than anything else.

What joke bait?

Nayre

• Haisai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 04, 2015, 07:39:03 am »
Haha, poor Mio.  I sorta used to be one of those people tbh. Well, I didn't hate her.  I just didn't like her character from the beginning, her and Riina were my least favorite of the main cast and that ep. really didn't help her earn any points with me.  Though now, I like to think that whole thing was a terrible misrepresentation of her character and blame the writers for using her as fodder for that forced drama bomb and development.  Cause I actually like her quite a bit now.(guess she just slowly grew on me XD)  She isn't a bad girl.  Well, at least I don't find her annoying like I used to.

That's a nice haul though!  I spy Nu on that Hanayamata album ehehe. XD  I seriously didn't know she was even casted as one of the girls until like after I finished watching it lol.  I feel like a failure of a Hibiki/im@s fan for not recognizing her voice sooner. x.x

On a side note, my lack of common sense is astounding sometimes... It took me about an hour and half to find out the reason my washer wasn't completing its drain cycle was cause the load size was set wrong.  And I guess the thing won't spin and dry properly unless it's on the right setting. -.-  Man, there were also a few incidents where I couldn't turn the dryer on simply cause I forget to close the dang door lol.  *face palm* 

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 04, 2015, 08:44:20 am »
What joke bait?

I just find Mio to be an easy target when it comes to making fun of characters. Like, I don't do it out of spite, but I will joke about Mio at her expense. That's just me, really.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 10:06:13 am by MetalPredat0r »
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

Cael K.

• Producer
  • Dark Slayer Style!
    • View Profile
    • Memories of Melon Pan
« Reply #223 on: October 08, 2015, 06:09:44 am »
I knew it would happen, but none of my favorite teams made it to the MLB playoffs this year.

So like... go Cubs?
Cael's Im@s Ranking: Azusa, Yumeko, Tomomi, Haruka

How to get stuff from Japan without causing things to explode in a shower of sparks and misery: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1108.0.html

Memories of Melon Pan: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/
Translations: http://www.mediafire.com/?hzc4b0jy7pwll

Currently translating (text only):
S(mile)ING! (English version, singable) - http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/20140911/1410422445
Neue Green, Volume 3 - Will start sometime. ^_^;;
Rockin' Girl, Volume 1 (Chapters 1-5) - http://www.mediafire.com/?z00ffkvg5ocg11e

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 11, 2015, 02:10:40 pm »
Good morning. I'm still a bit wobbly from the night before, what with my reason being I've celebrated becoming quarter of a century old.

Yep.

Birthday was wonderful, given mom and go providing a hearty Boston Pizza meal and a PS4. Cherishing this for many old years to come.

"Old."

That said, it takes you back -- like how time often flies and age jokes become that much more abundant you're desensitized at this point.

*Sniff*

But then again, I'm having it easy. Least I didn't get Birthday punches or the like. That, and I can relish in age woes with Hibiki-chan~. :3

Right?! ;~;
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3