Username: Password:

Author Topic: RWBY Discussion  (Read 8822 times)

Sunflorazumarill

• Haruka Miki Chihaya Fan
    • View Profile
    • Pokémon Peace Squad Central
RWBY Discussion
« on: July 27, 2014, 12:59:15 am »
I've decided to make a topic to talk about RoosterTeeth's aeries RWBY since Volume 2 has started. Feel free to talk about characters, episodes, and anything else pertaining to the series.

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
Re: RWBY Discussion
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 10:48:17 pm »
OH MY GOSH THIS EXISTS I LOVE RWBY.

Well! I haven't totally caught up yet (think I stopped at Volume 2, Episode 10), but I really, really like this web series. It's obviously they're putting in A LOT of effort, and it's fantastic.

I think Nora and Ren are my favorite characters. Actually, scratch that. Team JNPR in general is just my favorite. I just love them, their dynamic, their relationships, every character is funny and interesting and I just love them.

Not that Team RWBY isn't cute too. :U

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

Sunflorazumarill

• Haruka Miki Chihaya Fan
    • View Profile
    • Pokémon Peace Squad Central
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 11:35:36 pm »
Finally someone has responded to this topic. In case anyone is interested, I'm currently writing this RWBY fanfic. It happens to have a number of OC's in it, as well as my interpretations of two of the unseen characters.

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 11:59:24 pm »
I'd love to take a look at it as soon as I can get on deviantArt because haha parental controls! :D I really like this series. Maybe one day I'll try my own fanfiction? Provided I ever actually finish the thousands I'm already working on.

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

sGs

• Greenhorn
  • Perfecting Imperfection
    • View Profile
    • SteamGameSwap
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 02:37:54 pm »
I have only seen Volume 1 myself and just the Food Fight episode on Volume 2.
While the show itself isn't that great, it's entertaining in a cheesy, guilty pleasurable way.
I should seriously catch up with it soon.

Also my favorite is Weiss.

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2015, 07:28:16 pm »
I have only seen Volume 1 myself and just the Food Fight episode on Volume 2.
While the show itself isn't that great, it's entertaining in a cheesy, guilty pleasurable way.
I should seriously catch up with it soon.

Also my favorite is Weiss.

I agree. It's not the highest-quality of shows, but I have to really respect how well-done it is considering the program it's made with and how these people really aren't what you can call "professional" animators. I need to catch up soon too, I've fallen behind because school.

EDIT:
Turns out there's already a thread dedicated to poor Monty. :( Man, this kinda bites.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 08:48:05 pm by Amazing_Grace »

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2015, 05:07:01 am »
Bumping this thread back from the dead! Yeeeeeah!

So I finally got around to watching RWBY and so far it is REALLY good. I can appreciate the animation for what it is given that this is an Indie animation project. It's the characters and story that really hooked me. If I were to pick a favorite, it'd have to be Blake, hands down. Her dead serious personality and backstory are what hooked me alongside her shadow powers and weaponry.

At the time of this writing, I'm at Volume 2 with the episode where Pyrrha sparred against Mercury, so I still have quite a bit of catching up before Volume 3 drops in not too long from now. Consider me a fan.  ;D
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Ivan The Mouse

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2015, 05:59:12 am »
I'm not too impressed with the visuals of Season 3 as they look right now. It looks like RT's going to have an hard time after Monty has fallen.

Nayre

• Haisai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2015, 08:51:29 am »
Wahh, it's been so long!  I haven't really been keeping up with this since vol. 1 ended so my memory's a bit foggy(I think that was a couple years ago already?  Oh dang lol  ::)).  Then I heard the unfortunate news about Monty Oum's sudden passing(RIP, you were one of the best action animators of our time) and just assumed they would put this project on indefinite hold or something.  Glad to hear it's still going but...
I'm not too impressed with the visuals of Season 3 as they look right now. It looks like RT's going to have an hard time after Monty has fallen.
that's exactly what I was worried about.  :/  Monty had this special flair that made his works so damn exciting to watch, the way he mixes dance, martial arts, references, etc.  into his style and just goes all out like he's just having fun with it.  Idk, it just felt like he really loved what he was doing.  So I'm worried what will be missing with him no longer with them.

Bumping this thread back from the dead! Yeeeeeah!

So I finally got around to watching RWBY and so far it is REALLY good. I can appreciate the animation for what it is given that this is an Indie animation project. It's the characters and story that really hooked me. If I were to pick a favorite, it'd have to be Blake, hands down. Her dead serious personality and backstory are what hooked me alongside her shadow powers and weaponry.

Yeah!  I thought the animation was pretty great for what it is and the characters were all pretty interesting and entertaining.  I believe my fav was Ruby cuz of her personality, that mix of adorable and bada$$ery.(WHO THINKS OF PUTTING A FREAKING SNIPER RIFLE IN A SCYTHE?!  I SWEAR, ONLY MONTY FREAKING OUM. XD)  The red trailer was also what initially got me into it too, so I might have been a little biased eheh...  I loved the chemistry between her and the other team members tho(especially with Weiss).  I also remember being a bit worried about the voice acting when I found out it was an "American anime", but they turned out pretty good.  Fits well with the awesome cheesy humor.  Epic, jaw-dropping action sequences are a given.  Oh!  What also surprised me was the soundtrack.  I used to headbang to this lol. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPetanj7QSQ

Alright, I'm done.  *fanboymode off*  Anywho, thx for reminding me of this.  Yush, I now feel motivated to pick this up again.  Sometime this week hopefully.  ;D

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2015, 06:48:43 pm »

I haven't seen the new visuals yet, but I assume it'll be hard without Monty. I'm glad the project will keep going at all, though.

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2015, 07:48:33 pm »
Funny that you recently brought this up, Arturo; I rewatched this as a marathon last week, just to prep for the next Death Battle and of course, Volume 3. I still feel the first episode of Volume 2 is among the best introductory episodes of any anime cour, easily; it's just so over-the-top yet still remains in the respect of their universe. Hell, if I were to introduce someone to RWBY, I'd opt for them to watch that one before Vol 1.

As far as the Vol 3 visuals go, I've not really noticed much to voice any reservations, but from what I saw of new OP it's quite decent-looking as is. Still, I'll need to see an actual episode to properly gauge this. The direction has no doubt gotten harder without Monty, but to say he hasn't left the developers empty-handed is understatement of the year. RWBY's looking to live long, what with a purported 5-Volume run. Score~.

Moving onto personal favourites, I'm very fond of Pyrrha; she has this noble, yet modest disposition, and is quick to call out people. She's also kind of socially awkward, given how often people look up to her as a celebrity and not so much her personal side -- leaves room for sympathy. Then there's the fact she's a busty redhead with that spear-musket-thing along a shield. Her fighting style reminds me of Achilles from the Illiad. :3

From RWBY's main team, it's between Blake and Yang. While I'm always partial of Blake's archetype, I'm leaning surprisingly well to Yang because of her strong development on top of her mundane, hot-blooded persona; it's a refreshing change. For villains, Roman's definitely way up there, what with being RWBY's Joker -- then there's my fondness of Neo, his latest right-hand. Her amount of class for a mute is... sexy, to leave it apt.

Dandy as fuck. Moar, pls.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 09:45:55 pm by DeviantProtagonist »
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2015, 09:28:46 pm »
Finished up Volume 2 and I can officially say I am hyped for Volume 3!

Gotta say that while Blake is still my favorite, Vol. 2 put Yang pretty up there for me. Vol. 1 didn't do much with her besides establish her base personality of loud and brash big sister but when Vol. 2 had that talk between her and Blake and revealed some backstory, I was hooked. And admittedly, she's quite the looker.  ;)

As for visuals, I saw the OP sequence for Vol. 3 and didn't notice any downgrade in quality. It looked like Vol. 2 did and that's what I expected. Unless there's an actual preview from an episode in Vol. 3 that I haven't seen. Even then, let's be honest, RWBY's animation excels during action scenes. Not to talk bad about the dialogue scenes, but the budget and talent shows its stride whenever there's a battle occurring.

One more thing I find it funny how Vol. 2's opening showed Team RWBY fighting Cinder's squad and yet all we got was Roman vs Team RWBY and a very short battle between Ruby and Cinder. Vol. 3 shows it too, so I hope it delivers that more, since Vol. 3 is likely gonna be a bit more of a climax since the stakes are much higher.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Ivan The Mouse

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2015, 05:39:55 am »
And admittedly, she's quite the looker.  ;)

Damn right, she is.

Nayre

• Haisai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2015, 05:44:10 am »

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2015, 12:08:20 am »