Username: Password:

Author Topic: Dean's Artistry of Something.  (Read 2241 times)

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
Dean's Artistry of Something.
« on: July 26, 2014, 10:41:53 pm »
Following a hiatus in regards to motivation and life in general, I've become artistically inclined again. To whenever fortune best serves, you can expect various fan art from time to time. The only real catch so far is trying to cement a consistent drawing style for my works as well as smoothing out that roughness, so things will begin sluggish. Nevertheless, any feedback is a boon so let's get started with my first;

Boom. Vocaloid designs have always been wildly appealing, and one such case is CUL, who happily reclines. This was done in GIMP 2.0 over a span of 8~ hours, give or take. The posture was fun to do, too.
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

altuixde

• Producer
    • View Profile
Re: Dean's Artistry of Something.
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 12:03:13 am »
I'm not really familiar with CUL, but she looks nice in this image! A quick Google image search for her shows that she's usually wearing boots. I think adding the boots might spice it up a little.

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 02:00:05 am »
Seems like the eight hours were worth it. Nice job! By the way, did you sketch this beforehand or did you do all the line work via GIMP?
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

ChocoCats

• Producer
  • Yoshi♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 04:37:52 am »
Ah, my computer won't load the bottom half. Not bad, but the hair bangs and the eyes are uneven. Try to align them when you draw.

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 01:22:18 am »
Much appreciated, folks. :3

I'm not really familiar with CUL, but she looks nice in this image! A quick Google image search for her shows that she's usually wearing boots. I think adding the boots might spice it up a little.

The lack of boots was intended, since with this I went for intimacy. That, and it gives me an excuse to get started with feet, which I'll take even a slight gesture towards to getting those drawn right.

Seems like the eight hours were worth it. Nice job! By the way, did you sketch this beforehand or did you do all the line work via GIMP?

Everything's done in GIMP, including the sketch -- what came prior to that however was your rudimentary stick figure, with circles drawn at intersecting points of the shoulders, pelvis, limbs and head; this helps nail down the lines proper along with proportions. Mastering Manga is a reference boon, too.

Ah, my computer won't load the bottom half. Not bad, but the hair bangs and the eyes are uneven. Try to align them when you draw.

That's a downer, since I had it rough with the lower half. I only guess it's the PNG format, though the quality loss with JPEG makes it reluctant to use. :/

As for alignment, I'll improve on that more; angles are tricky to get by, especially. The hair is also more or less what I'm going for, though the left side is indeed off some.
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2014, 12:54:31 am »
Oh hey this is a thing AND CUL MY BABY IT'S YOU!?
WAAH

I'm a HUGE CUL fan, she's like, my favorite Vocaloid ever. I think this turned out great!

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!