Username: Password:

Author Topic: Why do my images keep breaking?  (Read 1266 times)

Mind M@ster

• Producer
  • Hibiki 4 me ♥
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Why do my images keep breaking?
« on: November 28, 2010, 07:46:53 am »
I've had the problem for awhile and it stopped...but now it reappears! Even my sig does it too, where it shows up as broken, but doesn't repair itself. It might be the laptop I use...but I'm not sure...or it might be just me...

NOTE: And as I come back my sig disappeared again...
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 07:53:02 am by Mind M@ster »

Urby

• View Profile
Re: Why do my images keep breaking?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 07:59:00 am »
I would definitely blame the fact you hotlink a lot of your images. Sites will often break or invalidate images when they see they're being hotlinked, though the site you pick your images from sometimes lets us see them if we actually go to their url directly...
To see the "don't hotlink" kind of thing in action, click: http://static.zerochan.net

So basically: don't hotlink things. Get a photobucket account, and upload the pictures you want to show off there and use those urls. You won't have the disappearing problem again (unless you go over your bandwitdh).

Picup

• Producer
    • View Profile
    • justice to believe - wordpress blog
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 08:00:18 am »
I think it's because you hot link from the site, so you should just save the image, then upload it on places like photobucket or tinypic or ... uh... image shack so that everyone else can see it and it won't be broken.

Edit: or what Urby just said, I did not notice that post.

Mind M@ster

• Producer
  • Hibiki 4 me ♥
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 08:32:05 am »
I signed up for photobucket...and will now use that. Hopefully I'll remember...

Thank you for your help! I will provide whatever I can in the future without fault now.

TweenDoriru

• Producer
  • inactive like crazy
    • View Profile
    • sometimes drawing stuff
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 04:41:41 am »
What I'd recommend doing, too, is having a photobucket for iM@S stuff alone if you upload a lot.

I have a separate photobucket used for iM@S uploads here (and elsewhere). Saves me from running out of bandwith XD