Username: Password:

Author Topic: Why do love your idol?  (Read 22733 times)

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
Re: Why do love your idol?
« Reply #90 on: March 13, 2015, 07:33:05 am »
Sorry, to bug you.  Been listening to the past drama CDs.

For example when Chihaya says that she's enjoying her life as an idol and student Producer suddenly responds that he'll leave her and she responds like this. http://www.mediafire.com/listen/ra4dpvl7hrnk74k/
It also explored things like Chihaya being afraid to love Producer due to having lost someone she loved in the past.
http://www.mediafire.com/listen/zm4oggebbr49rf2/

Which Albums did you find these tracks? 

One time I was listening to one of the "ofuro de ufufu" tracks and was expecting the usual lighthearted Azusa and Chihaya stuff and instead got something pretty emotional. http://www.mediafire.com/listen/lf47x4vsfyvv71s/

I think you got this from THE IDOLM@STER RADIO TOP×TOP!

Does that mean all the radio shows have some drama?  Is it worth checking them all out?  There's a lot of radio albums.

Okayu

• E4-G4-D3-B3
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • 千早の可愛さは正義!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 13, 2015, 02:18:53 pm »
Sorry, to bug you.  Been listening to the past drama CDs.

Which Albums did you find these tracks? 

I think you got this from THE IDOLM@STER RADIO TOP×TOP!

Does that mean all the radio shows have some drama?  Is it worth checking them all out?  There's a lot of radio albums.
The first one is from a bad choice in an idolmaster 1 commu.

The second one is from Eternal Prism 3.

As I said that was the exception from the norm. There's also iM@SCHOOL and a skit called Real Produce where Mingosu gets sent inside iDOLM@STER and has to produce Chihaya Haruka and Yayoi. http://www.mediafire.com/listen/pywwsan1u131br7/

There's also the idolmaster station skits which I'd highly recommend checking out if you like Chihaya (first half), Yukiho (second half), Takane, or Hibiki. http://www.yukipo.com/translated-drama-cd/the-idolm-ster-station-skits
I liked these covers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG35-KV31sA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0G9k45BZc4

I wish the idol dramas from L4U and SP were fully uploaded. Someone only uploaded half of the Chihaya birthday one and I've been wondering which present she would have liked most as it's cut off.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkJKwAG0euo
The old dramas could be pretty long at points, to beyond the length of a full episode. I would like to see more of those as DLC. I guess the EX Episodes in OFA were also so, but since they were split into parts it was harder to tell. I think people might have liked Leon more if she was added to the contact list kind of like how you could run into Project Fairy before work at times during SP.

I haven't really liked the rivals after Project Fairy. Even before 961 joined 765 they felt like they got along and we knew about them, while the rivals afterwards feel impersonal. I kind of like Leon, but we don't know much about her. I guess it's kind of like how Takane has been handled in second vision. To me Leon feels like a bit of a mirror in the sense that she becomes what her opponent needs to improve. Takane also feels impersonal to me in second vision. In SP we find out pretty early on that she's a cry baby, while with Takane now all that's really revealed is how much she likes ramen and that she has some kind of duty to follow. I think there's a difference between mystery and distance. For example there's a chance commu in SP with Chihaya where she's acting pretty mysterious, but at the end she explains what she's doing.
http://tlwiki.org/index.php?title=Idolmaster_SP:MM:28796
Or how Leon says odd things but it's revealed what she means later. Takane feels like that but lacking any reveals. That's not to say Takane has to reveal everything about herself, not at all. In fact revealing some info can make you more curious about what you don't know about compared to not knowing anything at all. I'm saying these things as I would like them to be improved upon. A game where you like the rival as much as the side you're producing is great, and that's why how Takane and Hibiki were handled in second vision were disappointing compared to how they were written in SP, it's like they lost part of themselves in the transition.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 02:53:41 pm by Okayu »

liza94

• Producer
  • Fan of Chihaya (Asami Imai & Kaori Shimizu)
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 13, 2015, 03:01:31 pm »
I wish these CD dramas you mentioned were translated... :(  I have only listened to some translated New stage drama and to Chihaya's Master Artists (of course untranslated :( )

Okayu

• E4-G4-D3-B3
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • 千早の可愛さは正義!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 13, 2015, 03:08:39 pm »
I wish these CD dramas you mentioned were translated... :(  I have only listened to some translated New stage drama and to Chihaya's Master Artists (of course untranslated :( )
The reason why drama CDs aren't worked on as much is you have to have a good ear to make out the script correctly compared to the games where the script is written for you.

Rin

• Apprentice
  • 初めて会った日、覚えてますか?
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 03, 2016, 03:54:08 pm »
Old topic, I know, but I don't think something like this should have an expiration date.

Since I have a hard time conveying my opinion about Yukiho without going full-blown heart-on-sleeve mode, I'll try to contain myself.
~~~
Mostly, my attraction to her comes from this feeling I get from her that she's the most promising or definitive, that something will happen with her, that she's going to make herself the way she wants to be. She may need a push every once in a while, but the momentum she gains from it vastly exceeds the effort.

She may not seem that special when one looks at her, but I don't think a flashy appearance is always needed to set a person apart. Anyway, her personality more than makes up for her relatively plain looks.

Quite a few people probably don't like her or even get annoyed with her because she whines a lot, and I can understand that, but if one were to go through her route in 2, they'd be able see that she whines when she talks about things that she cares about. It's just how she expresses her concern and that's okay, because real or not, nobody's perfect.

Besides that, I love how she hides a really caring side and only shows it at specific points which makes it that much more of a reward. To me, she's just the most endearing character, with a metric tonne of potential and she feels like someone you really can count on, whether she would come through sooner or later.

And as a knowledgeable individual, for which I respect greatly, told me and led me to understand, "her route in 2 exists as an excellent counter-point: it never belittles her, never falls for the easy route, and it may dwell a bit on her bad attitude and acting before she gets better only because it shows how much she changes after. One moment that really stood out to me was her talking about having everyone's expectations on her shoulders. Keep in mind, no one was forcing her directly to do things; SHE shouldered the heavy burdens because SHE put them on herself. She was so insecure that she always felt like every mistake was fatal, but she pushed on anyway. And in the end, she did it because she valued others over herself, because she didn't appreciate herself, so her ultimate realization was that she had to learn to appreciate that side of her to really blossom." That, alone, should say it all.

With all that in mind, she honestly seems like a 'paragon' of selflessness and resolve, though it might sound a little misguided. But that's who she is, and nothing could ever take that from her. She may stumble and fall, or even get lost once in a while, but I know she'll always find her way back.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 12:01:15 am by Rin »
What will I paint on the pure-white tomorrow that spreads to its limit?
What will I paint on the tomorrow dyed pitch-black by reality?
Through struggle, we shine.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 05, 2016, 06:06:12 am »
Since I have a hard time conveying my opinion about Yukiho without going full-blown heart-on-sleeve mode, I'll try to contain myself.

You know.  You sort of are acting like my buddy, Yukibro.  But, in a good way.

Glad you're taking the time to understand more about Yukiho.

But, yeah.  Like I said in your welcome topic, the anime isn't a great adaptation of the games at least in my opinion. (Though, I guess it's good that it introduces people like me to the franchise.)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 06:11:05 am by mariokirby »

DawnHibiki

• Apprentice
  • Dog Lover & Idol
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #96 on: May 05, 2016, 08:24:13 pm »
I've been loving Hibiki since late 2013, because I really love her outgoing, cheerful personality, and I also really love her overall cuteness.  She is an energetic girl from puts on a positive attitude brimming with self-confidence, and she always remains friendly and happy without becoming overly competitive like Takane. She has a wild, long black ponytail hair, and she usually wears kitchy, modern outfits, as well as her beautiful hoop earrings.  Her fang is also a huge plus, and her voice is such a blessing, thanks to Manami Numakura, one of the cutest voice actress I've seen.  I've been listening to her songs like Trial Dance, Dream, Tip Taps Tip, Shiny Smile, etc. and I haven't heard of a song that I don't like from her.  But the best part about her is that she adores pets so much, and I really love animals in general as well.  She has a wide varietly of pets, which include a mouse, a hamster named Hamuzou, a gerbil, a parrot, a rabbit, a cat, a dog named Inumi, a pig, a flying squirrel, and even a crocodile.  I love how she can communicate with Hamuzo and Inumi, because she can tell how they feel about her.  Oh, I can't forget how she looks so gorgeous in her bikini, and Pon De Beach is such an awesome, joyful song.  Everything about Hibiki Ganaha is extraordinary.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 08:31:51 pm by DawnHibiki »
"Would that you might see fit to grant the honor of your guidance to one yet so inexperienced as myself. Know that our cooperation is anticipated with pleasure." - Takane Shijou

Rin

• Apprentice
  • 初めて会った日、覚えてますか?
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 05, 2016, 10:40:26 pm »
You know.  You sort of are acting like my buddy, Yukibro.  But, in a good way.

Ah, yes, I've actually met him. Before I had, I thought I knew at least most of everything about Yukiho, but boy, was I wrong. Haha...
I was really impressed when he showed me everything he'd done with her. Needless to say, my longing to talk with someone about her was satiated.

She really is just a nice, sweet character.
What will I paint on the pure-white tomorrow that spreads to its limit?
What will I paint on the tomorrow dyed pitch-black by reality?
Through struggle, we shine.