Username: Password:

Author Topic: THE iDOLM@STER Skins for KIS 2010, S40 3rd Edition, and Firefox Persona  (Read 2039 times)

Raestloz

• UnOfficial Picture Assembler
    • View Profile
I made a skin for Kaspersky Internet Security 2010, Nokia 3600 Slide (which runs S40 3rd Edition. My previous phone, currently I'm using a Blackberry so I might make one for it too. Don't worry, tested the skin in my friend's phone {which is not a 3600Slide} and it works fine) and a Firefox Persona. Yes, I do have that much free time in my hands

These are not actually something I "made" as in I made it from scratch, I simply combine iM@S pictures into the original skin data to create a THE iDOLM@STER feel. As such, the layout is exactly the same as original, the only things that change are the pictures.

Some screenshots are in order I guess, but since I no longer have a Nokia 3600 Slide I can't provide any screenshot about it. I can for Firefox Persona and KIS 2010 skin though

Download links (MedaFire)
Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 skin
S40 3rd Edition skin
Firefox Persona

Also, note that the Firefox persona is optimized for 1280x1024 pixels resolution (my monitor's native resolution), as such depending on your monitor resolution it might not work properly. Since I do not use search function that much, the Persona won't look so good if you go and hit Ctrl+F. See it for yourself if you want to know what I mean, I'm not spoiling my works :D

As for the Firefox Persona:

And the Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 skin:

All good

Something's a bit off:

OMG big trouble!

Yes, they're pretty lame and do not contain any of those "fanmade" element and yes, I overuse the MOBILE illustration, but I enjoy them :)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 06:23:33 am by Raestloz »
Choose Your Top iDOL

THE iDOLM@STER must GO ON!

Sev

• Producer
  • Making a better tommorow tommorow
    • View Profile
Re: THE iDOLM@STER Skins for KIS 2010, S40 3rd Edition, and Firefox Persona
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 07:41:41 am »
Thumbs up Raestloz very nice work.

Like a bird in the sky I believe i can fly

Cien Laguoire

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 11:17:46 pm »
The Firefox persona is pretty nice. Thanks for that. :)

However, the footer image is a bit too short, and I'm left with a white space on the bottom right corner of my browser.

Picup

• Producer
    • View Profile
    • justice to believe - wordpress blog
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 01:14:42 am »
Awesome work Raestloz; the firefox persona looks pretty sweet -- I'll download it on my main laptop when I get home (since I use google chrome on here...)

I'm curious though; where do you get a lot of your images?  (maybe I'm just bad at trying to find high quality pictures...)

Raestloz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 02:39:15 am »
The Firefox persona is pretty nice. Thanks for that. :)

However, the footer image is a bit too short, and I'm left with a white space on the bottom right corner of my browser.

Can you provide a screenshot about the white space? It fits perfectly for my resolution. If you mean the white space when you try to search, well that's the part I'm talking about

Things don't always work out well....
Choose Your Top iDOL

Picup

• Producer
    • View Profile
    • justice to believe - wordpress blog
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 03:30:30 am »
Okay; extremely stupid question, is there someway to use the firefox persona without having to submit as your own?  I don't to take credit for it.

Raestloz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2010, 07:28:51 am »
Simply create your own custom persona. In my firefox the link is this:

chrome://personas/content/customPersonaEditor.xul

paste it into your address box and you could edit your own persona.

Truth be told, however, I forgot how exactly I use it the first time around, because I certainly didn't use that address above and didn't submit it (it is foolish to submit something that could infringe copyright).

Well, I (we) use this for personal taste, so I guess it should be alright. I mean, we're not using it to promote anything here.

I got the pictures from somewhere... imas.ath.cx if memory serves, but since the server is updated (read: overwritten with new things) pretty much once a week (or a month?) you'll get different pictures from what I get.

Some however, are purely official materials from iM@S official site
Choose Your Top iDOL

Cien Laguoire

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2010, 09:54:10 pm »
Can you provide a screenshot about the white space?
Here you go. :)

I'm using 1600x900 resolution, which was perfect for the header, but the footer was a tad too short.

blake307

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2010, 10:01:37 pm »
I would like to get something like that for my security screen.  :)

Raestloz

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2010, 01:42:59 pm »
Here you go. :)

I'm using 1600x900 resolution, which was perfect for the header, but the footer was a tad too short.

Oh... dang, that's a white space alright.

Persona asked for a very wide picture for the header (I forgot at which pixel do the picture start to show), but for the footer, but the exact resolution for the footer. I don't know why, or maybe I'm too foolish

At any rate, try this:

I stretched the image to 1600x100. Should be enough for your monitor now.

@blake steel:
Do you use Kaspersky 2010? I don't have any other skin aside from that (as I can't test the thing). Might make the 2011 version, but I'll stick with this for now
Choose Your Top iDOL