Username: Password:

Author Topic: Augmented Reality and iM@S  (Read 2035 times)

nowano

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Augmented Reality and iM@S
« on: September 06, 2010, 06:20:07 am »
What is Augmented Reality?
I believe that most of us have heard of what is "AR" (Argumented Reality). For those who never heard of it, here's the definition from Wikipedia:
Quote from: Wikipedia
Augmented reality (AR) is a term for a live direct or indirect view of a physical real-world environment whose elements are augmented by virtual computer-generated imagery.

Mobile Application on AR
Konami has created an application for iPhone, allowing users to take a picture with their "girlfriend" from the popular DS simulation game "Love Plus".

From the picture, We can see  there's a black and white square panel, which allow the AR application on the phone to convert the bar code into a 3D model on the screen.

Some time ago at Wireless Japan 2010, a mobile phone tradeshow held in Tyoko, mobile operator KDDI introduced their new "Sekai Camera ZOOM" application for mobile phones, using the idols as their models. With this technology, objects can be displayed not only limited to a square code, but anywhere of the screen.

A huge Haruka standing between the background and the objects in front of it.

Several idols standing on the booth.

AR = Ami in the Reality!
An AR Ami developed by the fan group "Pai-touch to Ami Realization Commitee" was exhibited at a iM@S Doujinshi sale show held in Sendai city on 9/5/10. Here's the PR video of the project.

Obviously you could tell something from the name of the development team...Let's take a look at what SeriP did to Ami!

Source and extended reading:
Switched
マイコミジャーナル
さざなみ壊変
真美にπタッチ

« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 06:26:31 am by nowano »

Scotty

• 961Pro President
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • Kuroi Shachou
    • View Profile
Re: Augmented Reality and iM@S
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 06:32:06 am »
You have no idea how fun AR is until you've tried it~

Only reason PS Move interests me. Microsoft Kinnect doesn't look as accurate, or as able to do AR. Loving what they did with Ami~

Sam

• HOLD IT!! ... You just lost the game
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 06:54:23 am »
Sounds interesting... Might start looking for people randomly taking pictures of areas with a white patch thing. XD

"My past is like my logic, straight and true. Nothing's changed. All I did was point the finger of justice in the proper direction." - Phoenix Wright (Gyakuen Saiban 4)

Makoto

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 03:40:08 am »
Really reminds me of Zoot Woman's "Memory" parody of Love+ with the DS thing.(From Niconico)

I want to witness this, I have no iphone however :[

SalemJeanette

• (ლ╹◡╹)ლ 彡┻━┻
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 04:19:20 am »
I can high five Yayoi with this :D
Join the Idolmaster irc channel on Rizon #Idolmaster

Okayu

• E4-G4-D3-B3
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • 千早の可愛さは正義!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2014, 12:46:24 am »
This is pretty interesting to see they had done this even before the mobile game.