Community > General chatter

Get the Popcorn! It's the Movies Topic!

<< < (2/13) > >>

blake307:
This year I have seen Kick Ass. It was a pretty awesome and funny movie.

I have seen Prince of Persia. It was a pretty good movie.

I have also seen The Last Airbender. It's was alright but I thought that they left out some stuff in the movie.

I have watched a couple of Anime movies this year as well. Summer Wars and The Dissappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya. They were both pretty great movies.

mastersteve89:
Inception, Inception, Inception! Best movie of the year so far!

I saw dinner for schmucks. Not bad, humerous but the ending feels like it was put in at the last second....

Sev:
I just recently went through a whole marathon of war movies. I saw Saving Private Ryan, Black Hawk Down, We were Soldiers, and the Last Samurai. Needless to say its got me really pumped up about the military.

Waiting to see The Other Guys in a few days that movie looks hilarious.

H4ataraxia:
inception
nuff said

never have i felt so intense during a movie

mastersteve89:
Well, I just saw The Expendibles. It's a decent action movie, lots of explosions and a few funny jokes here and there, but it has a lot of faults.

First the story. It's completely forgetable to the point that there's a good chance is all that you'll remember is that there was a 20 minute gunfight in between 4-5 minutes of dialouge. Don't go in expecting an Inception grade story. That's all I can say. :P

As for the special effects, it ain't no Avatar, I can tell you that much. I'm not saying I could do better, but they are amatuer in most parts. It has an action movies standard explosions and blown up bodies. But for things like buildings falling and a certain scene where someone caught on fire (not gonna say who =P), it was really obvious that computer cg was used to create the effect.

Overall, it's a good action flick where you can shut off your brain and enjoy the explosions and gunshots.

If I had to rate it, I'd give it a 7/10

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version