Username: Password:

Author Topic: What Anime Are You Watching Now?  (Read 140490 times)

Chihayaa

• View Profile
Re: What Anime Are You Watching Now?
« Reply #960 on: May 20, 2015, 05:06:19 am »
Watching Hibike! Euphonium as well! It really is more fun when you know how to play an instrument yourself. I just wish there were more squeaks from the clarinets and blasts from the trumpets occasionally. I think it only happened once, and it would have been much better if they slipped up more in the beginning and less near the end.

Tafira

• Apprentice
  • Casual Fan :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: May 20, 2015, 05:13:30 am »
if you want something not so light hearted you could take a look at Little Busters (has relatively many light hearted moments though), Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso or Clannad (prepare tissues, especially if you also watch After Story)

Aren't those a different kind of dark? I'm not too famliar with either but i know they are SOL's with some sort of supernatural twist. I'll probably watch them regardless.(esp. Clannad, I think i was too young when I first tried to watch it)  but I think I'm looking for a dark along the lines of Shin Sekai Yori or Another. (I feel like a masochist writing this)

Thanks for your suggestions though! ^^

Higurashi is going to take a while though. Bloody 50 episodes. Take it nice and slowly... just like torture.. (dear lord I need to stop haha)

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: May 20, 2015, 09:31:05 am »
Clannad and Little Busters have supernatural elements, as they are both anime adaptions of Key visual novels.
Shigatsu wa kimi no uso, but yeah, it's more like a drama than something like Shin Sekai Yori (i haven't seen the others you mentioned), but imo it's the best anime i have seen since Log Horizon season 1 and i usually don't like dark or sad stories.

Maybe Bokurano would be something for you.

Kimiko

• Producer
  • Hi there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: May 20, 2015, 04:59:45 pm »
I am watching show by rock!! it is a really cute anime with lots of music
manami numakura is voicing one of the main characters ^^

also there are mamoru miyano and kisho taniyama in it~

here is a link to the insert songs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDmidHQCNHU

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: May 22, 2015, 05:24:37 pm »
So there's indeed people who saw Shin Sekai Yori? You're especially cool in my book. From an iM@S spectrum, it's nice for Kana Hanazawa and Risa Taneda to voice the leads.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 05:27:17 pm by DeviantProtagonist »
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: May 25, 2015, 08:38:10 pm »
I watched Toyko Ghoul as it was airing and dropped it after 3 episodes, because I found it really mediocre and overly censored; but after reading the manga and loving it, I might give it another chance. Or I might find it worse than before.

I might just skip the first season and watch Root A, but from what I've heard it focuses on the one character I despise so...

Decisions, decisions. I need to catch up on Aikatsu too.

Nayre

• Haisai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: June 09, 2015, 08:18:07 am »
Currently 10 shows I'm watching this spring season:

Nisekoi s2
Kiniro Mosaic s2
Oregairu s2(so much Nao Touyama goodness  ;D)
UBW s2
Ore Monogatari
Shokugeki no Soma
Hibike! Euphonium
Danmachi(SAO s3)
Seraph of the End
Plastic Memories

Just noticed Hayami Saori VAs in 4 of these shows.  Suprisingly, not much KanaHana this season.

My fave so far has to be Ore Monogatari.  I highly recommend to people who love light hearted romance.  Probably the sweetest and most innocent high school romance anime I've seen which is even more surprising considering the male lead. 

So there's indeed people who saw Shin Sekai Yori? You're especially cool in my book. From an iM@S spectrum, it's nice for Kana Hanazawa and Risa Taneda to voice the leads.
That ending revelation scared the heck out of me. Good show.

I think season 1 of Log Horizon really stands out among the other "mmo-reality-mix" series because all the fighting is just a side plot and the focus instead lies on the social aspects: how to build a society in this world? What rules and laws should count and how to enforce them? How to deal with NPCs? How to deal with the difference of low level characters (which strangely enough are all children...) and max level characters? This makes Log Horizon season 1 one of my absolute favorite animes.

Season 2 switches the importance of fighting and the social aspects, and thus becomes "just-another-mmo-reality-mix-series". It's not bad by any means by itself, but it can't hold the candle to season 1, which it obviously is always compared to.

Btw: I'm really looking forward to Working!! season 3. Afaik it should start in the summer season.
Whew, being an ex WoW and GW player, I was able to really relate to this series.  You can tell the creator actually played MMOs and knows what they're all about.  Season 1 did a really good job with the world-building aspects.  It was also really amusing seeing all the solutions Shiroe came up with(like when he bought the entire guild headquarters to blackmail everyone rofl).

Also looking forward to Working!! s3.  First 2 seasons were a blast!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 08:28:53 am by Nayre »

Vas

• Apprentice
  • Generic forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: June 09, 2015, 01:47:56 pm »
Awesome anime, arguably my favorite of what I've seen so far, and I've seen quite a lot. And yes, you're also especially cool with me if you've seen it too. :3
Not removing this sig until Kachou Fuugetsu becomes more than a 5-page side story.

Yui

• Producer
  • Presenting Pisces Yui!
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: June 16, 2015, 04:22:56 pm »
Just finished watching Yes! Pretty Cure 5 Gogo! and the movies. Now, watching Fresh Pretty Cure.
I still intend to finish watching Cinderella Girls, and start with Kancolle and some idols anime (such as Aikatsu).

Kimiko

• Producer
  • Hi there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: June 16, 2015, 05:19:44 pm »
Watching Utapri because... male idols with great voices!!!!
*fangirl scream+

Nayre

• Haisai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: June 16, 2015, 09:32:11 pm »
Anyone else following Hibike! Euphonium right now?  This week's episode was brilliant!  That freaking confession made me lose it!  And the audition did not disappoint.
Really surprised by KyoAni here, they're usually terrible with drama, but they handled it in this one really well imo. 

Vas

• Apprentice
  • Generic forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: June 19, 2015, 03:56:59 am »
Planning to watch it once I catch up with another series. Looking forward to it!
Not removing this sig until Kachou Fuugetsu becomes more than a 5-page side story.

Nayre

• Haisai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: June 28, 2015, 08:55:39 am »
Well, spring quarter is just about over, and what an exciting ride it's been!  This is pretty much my thoughts of it in a nutshell:

Japan: So we heard you thought this year's winter season anime were mediocre... Alright, how about this: We're taking all the shows you loved the most in the past couple years, give them all a 2nd season and freaking stuff them all into this spring's lineup.  How's THAT that for a slice of fried gold?  YOU'RE BLOODY WELCOME.

I am pleased.  So what were everyone's favorites this season?  And what shows are you looking forward to this summer?

Mine were:

Nisekoi: - Really loved the first season, enjoyed this one just as much.  Chitoge still best girl. XD

Shokugeki no Soma - Good food.
Hibiki! Euphonium - KyoAni really surprised me with this one.  I prolly enjoyed those heavy yuri overtones way more than I should have lol.

Summer shows I'm looking forward to the most:

CG (of course  ;))
Non Non Biyori Repeat - Near broke down when I saw the PV
Working!!! - This...is gonna be a blast!!  Can't wait.  ;D

Nayre

• Haisai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: July 06, 2015, 07:10:55 pm »
A few days late, but the 2nd film for Little Witch Academia is finally out and subbed!  It's even longer than the first with a runtime of 50 min and is equally enchanting and fun!  Trigger has outdone themselves again!  I highly recommend giving it a good watch.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: July 09, 2015, 09:31:06 am »
Watching Utapri because... male idols with great voices!!!!
*fangirl scream+

That last episode was awesome.  Did not expect that at the end.