Username: Password:

Author Topic: What Anime Are You Watching Now?  (Read 144958 times)

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
Re: What Anime Are You Watching Now?
« Reply #930 on: December 24, 2014, 09:27:44 am »
some people like it a lot, personally i didn't like it that much

If you want to watch something else like SAO, i suggest Log Horizon, imo one of the best anime in the past few years. Players suddenly realize they are inside the MMO they were playing when a new expansion was released. They have no idea why they are there and how to get out, so they start to make a living in their new world, but a lot of social issues arise.

The first seasons revolves mostly around building a society in a world with virtually no laws (other than not fighting in cities), a world where killed people are automatically revived, a world where you have people with godlike power (max level characters) and more or less normal people (newbies). And then there are the NPCs, which do NOT revive when killed, how do players deal with them and their problems, although they don't affect the players who already have enough to deal with.

The second season is currently airing and isn't as good as the first imo, but still very good. It's more about fighting, how to do a new raid and fight bosses in this new world, how to keep going if you are killed over and over for days. And what happens when the only law the world had suddenly isn't true anymore. It's also a lot about personal growth of several characters. The next arc in the second seasons seems to be about how to deal with players from other cities, which have built a completely different society.

ZetaFlare

• Producer
  • Chief of ACME Crimenet's San Diego Divison
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: January 03, 2015, 02:38:31 am »
Got through Cowboy Bebop, Log Horizon, and The World God Only Knows. Now I'm halfway through Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.

Yeah, I'm watching my Xmas gifts.

WarOmnimon

• Greenhorn
  • There ain't no strings on me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: January 03, 2015, 07:28:40 pm »
Guess what virtual monster series is getting a long-due follow-up in Spring 2015?

My reaction in the most eloquent manner possible.
Same response here, and a brofist for you as well.  Needless to say as I have been a Digimon fan from day one (Even before the anime started), I for one am pretty darn stoked for Adventure Tri.  I hope that the plotholes that were left in the first two seasons are filled in here (Mostly in regards to the Demon and Dagomon arcs from 02).

Not watching anything in particular right now as far as anime goes, but I'm keeping my eyes open for potential series to check out.  :)
PSN - WarOnion316
Nintendo Network - WarOnion
3DS FC - 1547-5202-3440
If you play me in Smash, beware of dog and duck.

sGs

• Greenhorn
  • Perfecting Imperfection
    • View Profile
    • SteamGameSwap
« Reply #933 on: January 04, 2015, 02:28:21 pm »
I'm super upset that Inou Battle was just 12 episodes. It was pretty much the only anime I was watching this season.

AkuAkane

• View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #934 on: January 05, 2015, 04:54:53 am »
I'm super upset that Inou Battle was just 12 episodes. It was pretty much the only anime I was watching this season.

I wasn't so much upset at the fact that it only lasted 12 episodes as I was that it ended on a completely unresolved note.. Like, they didn't settle anything at all. Barely explained anything about the "fairy war" and the "F" group. MC didn't choose a girl. It went nowhere. Nothing was resolved. Felt like a really shit way to end the show.

Cael K.

• Producer
  • Dark Slayer Style!
    • View Profile
    • Memories of Melon Pan
« Reply #935 on: January 05, 2015, 10:27:11 am »
I wasn't so much upset at the fact that it only lasted 12 episodes as I was that it ended on a completely unresolved note.. Like, they didn't settle anything at all. Barely explained anything about the "fairy war" and the "F" group. MC didn't choose a girl. It went nowhere. Nothing was resolved. Felt like a really shit way to end the show.

Based on a light novel. When any anime's based off a light novel, or even a manga that's still running, I don't expect the anime to really settle. Some people were saying that Kawai-sou ended without hardly any progression, but then I heard the anime more or less caught up to the manga, so well... there's no helpin' that. Sometimes 12 episodes just ain't enough... or rather, it's never enough but it's usually all the author gets.

For what it's worth, I did enjoy the series. I was a little sad they didn't use their superpowers more often (if even for mundane things) - the premise is that they have them and things are still normal, but instead we see them being normal and are occasionally reminded, "Oh yeah, they have superpowers. Meh, moving on." The characterization was all there though, and better done than in most series, and just for that I still rate it highly. It's just... it carries some baggage, which everyone's mentioned before.

Moving on to other things in my long queue though. Durarara is first up. Maybe I should finish some of these shorts while I'm at it.
Cael's Im@s Ranking: Azusa, Yumeko, Tomomi, Haruka

How to get stuff from Japan without causing things to explode in a shower of sparks and misery: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1108.0.html

Memories of Melon Pan: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/
Translations: http://www.mediafire.com/?hzc4b0jy7pwll

Currently translating (text only):
S(mile)ING! (English version, singable) - http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/20140911/1410422445
Neue Green, Volume 3 - Will start sometime. ^_^;;
Rockin' Girl, Volume 1 (Chapters 1-5) - http://www.mediafire.com/?z00ffkvg5ocg11e

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: January 05, 2015, 11:52:47 am »
i recently rewatched the 2 seasons of Working!! and it's still as hilarious as it was the first time around. And a day after i finished watching it, i saw the announcement for a 3rd season.

I also bought the manga (the last volume was released on christmas) and i'm currently reading it. It's a good practice, since it has pretty much no furigana at all.

ZetaFlare

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: January 06, 2015, 05:34:31 am »
Finished Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood and loved every moment of it!
Now on to Fate Zero.
Then Fate Stay Night 2014.
Then the second seasons of Magical Index and Scientific Railgun.

Yui

• Producer
  • Presenting Pisces Yui!
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: January 14, 2015, 12:53:24 am »
Finished watching Ore, Twintail ni Narimasu. Damn, even the "final boss" had to be... "crazy". xD
Now watching Futari wa Pretty Cure Max Heart. And now we have another Precure season. xD

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: January 14, 2015, 01:26:29 am »
Watching Cinderella Girls and Yurikuma this season... I'm also catching up on yowapeda and actually really enjoying it despite my dislike of sports anime.

liza94

• Producer
  • Fan of Chihaya (Asami Imai & Kaori Shimizu)
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: January 27, 2015, 09:58:44 pm »
I have just watched three episodes of "Akuma no Riddle". It's... interesting, especially Yukiho-sama and Hibiki the sadist! :) I mean, she even LOOKS like Hibiki! :o

Cael K.

• Producer
  • Dark Slayer Style!
    • View Profile
    • Memories of Melon Pan
« Reply #941 on: February 08, 2015, 11:31:28 pm »
Well, let's see what I watched since the last time I posted...

Durarara (season 1)
Log Horizon (season 1)
Uchouten Kazoku
Magica Wars
Miss Monochrome
Galilei Donna

I'm not really keeping up with many shows this season. I don't know if I'll end up marathoning Durarara 2 or KanColle. Probably will for Rolling Girls, and give Funi like 5 bucks to try them out while I'm at it.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 11:36:08 pm by Cael K. »
Cael's Im@s Ranking: Azusa, Yumeko, Tomomi, Haruka

How to get stuff from Japan without causing things to explode in a shower of sparks and misery: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1108.0.html

Memories of Melon Pan: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/
Translations: http://www.mediafire.com/?hzc4b0jy7pwll

Currently translating (text only):
S(mile)ING! (English version, singable) - http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/20140911/1410422445
Neue Green, Volume 3 - Will start sometime. ^_^;;
Rockin' Girl, Volume 1 (Chapters 1-5) - http://www.mediafire.com/?z00ffkvg5ocg11e

Ivan The Mouse

• View Profile
« Reply #942 on: February 12, 2015, 05:30:38 pm »
I'm following Shirobako and Cinderella Girls right now, while I am still watching Love Live.

ZetaFlare

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: April 24, 2015, 07:46:14 am »
I'm starting up on A Lull in the Sea, mainly hearing about it through NIS America's new release at the end of June. I saw the first episode and found it pretty interesting. Any thoughts on the series overall?

liza94

• Producer
  • Fan of Chihaya (Asami Imai & Kaori Shimizu)
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: April 24, 2015, 12:59:29 pm »
I'm starting up on A Lull in the Sea, mainly hearing about it through NIS America's new release at the end of June. I saw the first episode and found it pretty interesting. Any thoughts on the series overall?

If you want to watch an anime that is my cup of tea, watch "NagiAsu"! It has everything I like in animes: beautiful music and songs, a great plot with supernatural elements and Kana Hanazawa as Manaka! ;)  I strongly recommend you to watch this anime! It has only one disadvantage: Ray singing both openings! I can't stand her Yayoi-like voice and I wish someone else could cover the songs!