Username: Password:

Author Topic: What Anime Are You Watching Now?  (Read 137244 times)

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
Re: What Anime Are You Watching Now?
« Reply #915 on: September 17, 2014, 06:43:46 pm »
I'm not actually watching anything besides RWBY right now, but I'm SUPER excited for the new Nanatsu no Taizai anime that will be coming out in October! WHOOOO
It'll be so nice to watch all those epic fight scenes since I can't follow along with them by reading the manga.
But Ban, my baby. You're going to be animated.

Really hoping they cast Eri Kitamura as Jericho. That would make my LIFE.
Satisfied enough with Mamoru Miyano as Gilthunder and Yuki Kaji as Meliodas, though. I'm really looking forward to this.

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

Yui

• Producer
  • Presenting Pisces Yui!
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: September 19, 2014, 05:06:10 am »
I dunno if that counts, but...
Just watched the new Saint Seiya movie (Legend of Sanctuary). Well... I liked that. There was some funny scenes, and et cetera.

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: October 06, 2014, 06:15:58 pm »
NANATSU NO TAIZAI'S FIRST EPISODE IS SUBBED.
ALREADY.
My whole life is about to consumed by deadly fire and dragged wholeheartedly into an anime.
Goodbye real world.
It was nice having a life for once, if not just for a bit.
Time to return to a life of staring at a screen for three hours at a time every other week.

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

AkuAkane

• View Profile
« Reply #918 on: November 01, 2014, 10:09:07 pm »
From this season; I'm watching Nanatsu no Taizai, Gugure! Kokkuri-san, Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de, Gundam Build Fighters Try, Denki-gai no Honya-san, Gundam: G no Reconguista, Amagi Brilliant Park, Pri Para (leftover from last season), Donten ni Warau (will probably end up dropping), and Fate Stay Night: Unlimited Bladeworks. I'm also re-watching S-Cry-Ed, Saiyuki, and Samurai Flamenco with my boyfriend since he has never seen them. From this season I'd probably say that I'm enjoying Amagi Brilliant Park, Gugure! Kokkuri-san, and Fate Stay Night: Unlimited Bladeworks more than anything else. I gave some other things a shot like Akatsuki no Yona, Parasyte, Magic Kaito, and Shingeki no Bahamut Genesis, but ended up dropping them. Yona and Kaito were really, really boring to me. Parasyte is probably pretty decent, but eh I've never really been into gore fest horror stuff. Bahamut was too action action action for me and got kinda boring. Especially since I didn't like the characters much. The art style didn't really sit well with me either (not necessarily bad, but urgh). I love action, but I felt like bahamut had action and nothing else.
Top 5 Original 765PRO Girls=Makoto, Azusa, Takane, Iori, Hibiki
Top 5 Cinderella Girls=Takumi, Rina, Natsuki, Tomoe, Akane
Top 5 Million Live Girls=Matsuri, Noriko, Roco, Julia, Chizuru
Top 5 SideM Guys=Suzaku, Michiru, Kyoji, Ryu, Michio

liza94

• Producer
  • Fan of Chihaya (Asami Imai & Kaori Shimizu)
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: November 01, 2014, 10:49:47 pm »
I gave some other things a shot like Akatsuki no Yona, Parasyte, Magic Kaito, and Shingeki no Bahamut Genesis, but ended up dropping them. Yona and Kaito were really, really boring to me.

Akatsuki no Yona!? Boring!? :o  I watched all four episodes in a day and I'm looking forward for the next one! Thanks to this anime I think that maybe new animes will be better than old ones!

Speaking of old animes... I want to watch A little lord Sedie (I've finished reading the book today), but the subtitles are Google-translated from Korean, so it's almost the same as watching unsubbed... :(

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: November 01, 2014, 11:07:47 pm »
From this season; I'm watching Nanatsu no Taizai...

We need to talk about this anime because I need more people who watch it to talk about it with.
The manga is driving me NUTS because I just love it so much my gosh
I'm sorry.

Bahamut was too action action action for me and got kinda boring. Especially since I didn't like the characters much. The art style didn't really sit well with me either (not necessarily bad, but urgh). I love action, but I felt like bahamut had action and nothing else.

I actually play the game/app and LOVE it to freaking death. Do you think the anime will be more worth it if I do have experience with the app, or will it not even matter? I kinda wanna start watching it, but if I try to watch more than two shows at a time I'm not interested in, I'll just end up reaaally bored.

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

AkuAkane

• View Profile
« Reply #921 on: November 01, 2014, 11:30:33 pm »
Akatsuki no Yona!? Boring!? :o  I watched all four episodes in a day and I'm looking forward for the next one! Thanks to this anime I think that maybe new animes will be better than old ones!

Speaking of old animes... I want to watch A little lord Sedie (I've finished reading the book today), but the subtitles are Google-translated from Korean, so it's almost the same as watching unsubbed... :(

Well to be fair I did only watch one episode of Akatsuki no Yona, but that one episode bored me to bits and I hated all the characters (especially the mc) so I couldn't be bothered to continue it (especially since, as always, my watch list for the season was pretty large). Maybe it gets better by a huge margin somehow? Although, from my experience, most anime either stay just as good as they were at first or go down hill from there because, obviously, the first few episodes are often the best to try and drag people into the anime. Which Akatsuki no Yona did not do at all for me. I might pick Akatsuki no Yona back up if I am fully caught up with what I'm currently watching and bored. Can't really help you with Little Lord Cedie; I usually use Bakabt to download older anime, but Bakabt didn't seem to have it and I don't usually stream anime. Sucks that you can't find proper subs for it.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 11:36:10 pm by AkuAkane »

AkuAkane

• View Profile
« Reply #922 on: November 01, 2014, 11:33:58 pm »
We need to talk about this anime because I need more people who watch it to talk about it with.
The manga is driving me NUTS because I just love it so much my gosh
I'm sorry.

I actually play the game/app and LOVE it to freaking death. Do you think the anime will be more worth it if I do have experience with the app, or will it not even matter? I kinda wanna start watching it, but if I try to watch more than two shows at a time I'm not interested in, I'll just end up reaaally bored.

I'd be plenty happy to talk about the Nanatsu anime, but I couldn't talk about the manga as I haven't read it. As far as Bahamut goes, I have not played the app, but I feel like it wouldn't matter if you have or haven't. I'd still say give a shot if you want. It's not like watching the first episode or two of an anime is a commitment to finish it; you can always drop it if you're not enjoying yourself. I tend to drop things pretty easily myself.

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: November 01, 2014, 11:43:53 pm »
I'd be plenty happy to talk about the Nanatsu anime, but I couldn't talk about the manga as I haven't read it. As far as Bahamut goes, I have not played the app, but I feel like it wouldn't matter if you have or haven't. I'd still say give a shot if you want. It's not like watching the first episode or two of an anime is a commitment to finish it; you can always drop it if you're not enjoying yourself. I tend to drop things pretty easily myself.

So far the anime has followed the manga perfectly aside from, like, TINY little minor things that only matter if you pay too much attention. The anime actually helped explain something better than the manga did, and I like the art style more. So yeah, it's doing a good job.
I would make a thread for this series but I don't know how popular it'd get. XD

Yeah, I think I will give it a look. Sometimes I end up really liking animes I just start casually, sometimes not. But I do like the app, so I'll see how I like the anime. Thanks!

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

AkuAkane

• View Profile
« Reply #924 on: November 02, 2014, 12:29:27 am »
So far the anime has followed the manga perfectly aside from, like, TINY little minor things that only matter if you pay too much attention. The anime actually helped explain something better than the manga did, and I like the art style more. So yeah, it's doing a good job.
I would make a thread for this series but I don't know how popular it'd get. XD

Yeah, I think I will give it a look. Sometimes I end up really liking animes I just start casually, sometimes not. But I do like the app, so I'll see how I like the anime. Thanks!

I'm glad the anime is being accurate to the manga and yeah I like the art style of the anime a lot!

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: November 02, 2014, 12:55:09 am »
I'm glad the anime is being accurate to the manga and yeah I like the art style of the anime a lot!

So am I. I would be really mad if they messed anything up.
Also the voice actors are all like perfect.
I like it more than the manga art. It's just better.

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

Yui

• Producer
  • Presenting Pisces Yui!
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: November 07, 2014, 05:46:11 am »
Well, I finished watching Futari wa Pretty Cure. It's kind of cool, but I would love if I was 10. xD

And, I decided to watch [Ore, Twintails ni Narimasu]. I just reminded [Vividred Operation], but with lots of nonsense and dirty jokes. I like that. xD

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: December 12, 2014, 12:47:19 am »

To outstanding glee, I've reaffirmed that Parasyte -the maxim- will run a 2-cour (24~ episode) airing. Easily my favourite show this season, so I can only recommend indulgence if you happen to fancy great production values along an engaging, surreal SciFi-Drama-Horror-Action flick with Kana Hanazawa and Miyuki Sawashiro. :3
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 01:00:20 am by DeviantProtagonist »
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

AkuAkane

• View Profile
« Reply #928 on: December 12, 2014, 02:57:22 am »
Out of the over a dozen shows I decided to try out at the beginning of the season, the only anime I'm still watching are Nanatsu no Taizai, Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works, Amagi Brilliant Park, Gugure! Kokkuri-san, Gundam Build Fighters Try, and Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de. Everything else was either horribly bad/boring to me and I dropped it quickly or started out good but went sour (well, the only one that falls into that category is Denki-Gai no Honya-san and thats mainly because I can't stand romance anime and Honya went from being a good comedy to nothing but romance). I would honestly suggest any of the anime I'm still watching to anyone aside from maybe Build Fighters Try, since it does have that "Satuday morning kiddy show" feel to it sometimes.

I've already made up my list for the winter season for the most part and it consists of

Assassination Classroom
Isuca
Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusader 2
Junketsu no Maria
Kancolle
Koufuku Graffiti
Shinmai Maou no Keiyakusha
Cinderella Girls
The Rolling Girls
Tokyo Ghoul 2
Nanatsu 2
Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova - DC
Yuri Kuma Arashi
Yoru no Yatterman
Go! Princess Precure

Honestly wouldn't touch Tokyo Ghoul 2 if it wasn't for the fact that my boyfriend loves Tokyo Ghoul.

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: December 24, 2014, 09:03:56 am »
Would like some input in regards to Accel World -- is it worthwhile? I mean, I was intrigued by Sword Art Online, but the more I read into it's characterization and reviews, my enthusiasm went south. A shame, given that the premise of a not-so-amicable virtual reality sounded really promising.

Yet from the get-go, I can already feel engrossed with Accel World; the virtual reality premise is there and the main character actually has flaws. Kirito on the other hand just seems like a flat-out Gary Stu. So then, should I invest?
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3