Username: Password:

Author Topic: What Anime Are You Watching Now?  (Read 161069 times)

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
Re: What Anime Are You Watching Now?
« Reply #1020 on: February 09, 2016, 10:45:43 pm »
Do you guys have any recommendations from the last season? I'm looking for comedy, romcom, slice of life or fantasy, or an outstanding series from other genres.

You could try some of these out if you want to.  I think they might fit your genre preferences.

One Punch Man (as everyone suggested)

Starmyu (It's actually more of a musical rather than male idol anime though it overlaps a lot with idol stuff like singing and dancing.  Some comedy.)

Brave Beats (If you like seeing cool dances and comedy. Still airing.)

Gundam Orphans (seems good.  Action.  Still airing)

Yui

• Producer
  • Presenting Pisces Yui!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: February 12, 2016, 06:28:40 pm »
I've found an opening  of "Mahoutsukai PreCure:
http://youtu.be/ueJzW_IEiGc

I have a feeling that they used an instrumental version of "Yumeiro Train" for the song! :o  It's interesting that the anime combines both traditional and modern concepts of magical girls.

Now that you mentioned it, the beginning is similar. xD

ZetaFlare

• Producer
  • Chief of ACME Crimenet's San Diego Divison
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: March 14, 2016, 03:19:22 am »
UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie on DVD. Blue Exorcist on Crunchyroll. Really loving both so far. Even if Valkyrie isn't really your cup of tea, listening to Agape even once is more than worth the experience!

DawnHibiki

• Apprentice
  • Dog Lover & Idol
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1023 on: March 16, 2016, 10:26:41 pm »
I'm watching K-ON!! season two, and I'm going to watch Sound! Euphonium, Non Non Biyori, Nana Seven to Seven, and The iDOLM@STER: Cinderella Girls this year.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 10:28:37 pm by DawnHibiki »
"Would that you might see fit to grant the honor of your guidance to one yet so inexperienced as myself. Know that our cooperation is anticipated with pleasure." - Takane Shijou

Yui

• Producer
  • Presenting Pisces Yui!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: March 17, 2016, 05:03:40 pm »
I currently watching Go! Princess Precure. I plan finishing that before March ends.
And in April, I'll start watching Aikatsu.

Nayre

• Haisai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: March 18, 2016, 08:40:00 am »
I guess I'll update this too, something I haven't done since October lol.

Well, I haven't been watching much lately; only following 3 this winter season and checking off random shows from my watchlist from time to time. 

Currently following:

Dagashi Kashi - My AotS, I look forward to this show every week!  Hotaru is prolly the most eccentric girl in anime I've seen; I had to stop and take a break midway during one of the episodes because having her onscreen for the full 20 min was too much lol(I can see why she's considered waifu of the season/year) and Saya is love.  She's also a great straightman to the former's crazy antics, with her adorable reactions and all.  The perfect duo. XD

GATE S2 - The show I was looking forward to the most this season.  Still enjoying it somewhat, but it's a bit lackluster compared to the first season, it feels rushed, and you can tell they're starting to get lazy(dammit A-1).  Oh well, glad to see my fav doujin group still doing the OP at least. ^^

Musaigen - KyoAni fanservice.  ::)

Other (older) series I enjoyed since then:

Finally caught up to JoJo.  Yare yare daze, I felt like I needed this, especially after the moe-apocalypse that was the year 2015.  RIP Kakyoin T.T  And wait... Kuroi?! [insert "It Was Me, Dio!" meme here] All along?!  It's starting to all make sense now!

My expectations were blown out of the water with Arpeggio of Blue Steel.  Very lovable cast of characters, kickass naval battles, well-rendered CG, and yeah... pretty much the opposite of what the Kancolle anime ended up being. *cough cough*  So another thing I liked was Nu and Mai Fuchigami, along with another seiyuu who I thought was Nao Touyama at first(that would have been one of the best things ever), performing the EDs, which might be the closest thing to a Hibiki x Karen collab song we're ever gonna get, so I'm happy. XD  I really like this one called Blue Snow(mostly for the first min and half), which was used for the OP song in the movie.

Planning to watch:

Still need to catch up with other series like Monogatari and the Persona movies(first one was pretty good, I'm so used to the english cast tho haha)... I'll prolly get on that soon idk.

I'm also kind of excited for this summer season!  We have incoming: Love Live Sunshine, more JoJo(though this one starts next month), Rewrite(more Key!), and I thought I saw Steins Gate 0 already scheduled, but I was mistaken.  x. x  (hopefully by end of the year maybe)  I'm also looking forward to that Locodol OVA cuz I need moar Miku Itou in mah life! <3

Do you guys have any recommendations from the last season? I'm looking for comedy, romcom, slice of life or fantasy, or an outstanding series from other genres.

I have a few I would highly recommend(to others as well), not particularly from last season tho, but from last year in general.

Gakkou Gurashi - A real surprising gem among the moe school-life SoL genre.  Everyone's prolly at least heard of or knows what this is about by now, but if you're one of the few who hasn't yet I strongly suggest going into it blind.

GATE - While I have mixed feelings for the currently ongoing 2nd season, I can say that the 1st season was one of the most entertaining and satisfying action/fantasy anime I've seen from last year and is definitely worth a watch. Ridiculous premise + diverse colorful characters + huge all-star seiyuu cast = one hell of a good time.  It's like Outbreak Company but more action adventure-based and heavier on the political/foreign affairs.

Shirobako - Widely considered as the best anime to come out of 2015.  It's basically a tribute to the anime industry, giving us a realistic look at how anime are made, following the various roles of the workplace and their everyday struggles.  It's a unique, enjoyable experience that manages to be both entertaining and informative at once, and will leave you with a greater appreciation for the medium in general.  It's very-well written(there's not much for me to even nitpick about) and handles its large cast really well.  There is just a lot of love put into this show, I can't praise it enough.  My highest recommendations!

Additional seiyuu rant(spoilered in case you wanna be surprised by casting, like me sometimes >.>): I found it awesome how 4 out of the 5 main characters are voiced by CG girls(Mika, Yumi, Frederica, Ryo), and I thought the 5th was Mocho at first. There's also Nu playing a supporting senpai role to Mika's character, which I found really cool since they both went to the same voice acting school together and it's like how they are in im@s as well lol.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 08:53:21 am by Nayre »

Cael K.

• Producer
  • Dark Slayer Style!
    • View Profile
    • Memories of Melon Pan
« Reply #1026 on: March 18, 2016, 05:23:20 pm »
Thought I'd polish off a series or two since I haven't watched anime in a while, but uh...

Re-Kan - Gonna finish this one up in a bit.
Girls und Panzer - Finally watched the last couple of episodes, it was pretty good.
Rakuen Tsuihou - The middle is a little slow, but the beginning and end are great.

Thinking of Rolling Girls, Durarara x2, and Noragami next. I have others (a lot of others), but I can start with this.
Cael's Im@s Ranking: Azusa, Yumeko, Tomomi, Haruka

How to get stuff from Japan without causing things to explode in a shower of sparks and misery: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1108.0.html

Memories of Melon Pan: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/
Translations: http://www.mediafire.com/?hzc4b0jy7pwll

Currently translating (text only):
S(mile)ING! (English version, singable) - http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/20140911/1410422445
Neue Green, Volume 3 - Will start sometime. ^_^;;
Rockin' Girl, Volume 1 (Chapters 1-5) - http://www.mediafire.com/?z00ffkvg5ocg11e

Accoun

• View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: March 18, 2016, 10:44:39 pm »
Girls und Panzer - Finally watched the last couple of episodes, it was pretty good.

Me too. I watched the first few episodes, but some RL stuff made me put it on hold and as I often do with things, I didn't pick it back up. So I started from the beginning. Really enjoyed it as well, although watching some of it before made it lose some of the initial "wow, this is actually really good? It has no right to be!" effect.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: March 21, 2016, 05:00:52 am »
Thanks everyone for posting their animes.  It's hard these days to keep up with anime since there's so much, so I miss out on a lot.

Cael K.

• Producer
  • Dark Slayer Style!
    • View Profile
    • Memories of Melon Pan
« Reply #1029 on: March 24, 2016, 12:56:51 am »
Figured I'd start watching anime again, and take a break from video games for a bit.

Rolling Girls - Really fun series, though I had to think a bit about that last arc since it flew by so fast.
Durarara x2 Ten - I kinda feel this one is a set up for the last season Ketsu (which I suppose I'll marathon when it's all out). It was enjoyable, though around episode 7 or 8 was the time when I started thinking, "Where is this going?" They kinda allude to things in the last few eps, though.
Noragami Aragoto - The Bishamon arc was amazing, the Yomi arc still good but not as (and it didn't seem as well animated). Episodes 9 through 11 were I think the ones that were kinda slow.
One Punch Man - Great, but could've been a little better. I guess the big problem in the action scenes is that Saitama really can't do anything dramatic until the end of a fight. They're pretty awesome otherwise. Saitama pulling a Kirito made me roll my eyes, though.
Cael's Im@s Ranking: Azusa, Yumeko, Tomomi, Haruka

How to get stuff from Japan without causing things to explode in a shower of sparks and misery: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1108.0.html

Memories of Melon Pan: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/
Translations: http://www.mediafire.com/?hzc4b0jy7pwll

Currently translating (text only):
S(mile)ING! (English version, singable) - http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/20140911/1410422445
Neue Green, Volume 3 - Will start sometime. ^_^;;
Rockin' Girl, Volume 1 (Chapters 1-5) - http://www.mediafire.com/?z00ffkvg5ocg11e

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

BeatlesandWebkinz

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: March 28, 2016, 01:06:23 am »
I just finished Black Rock Shooter... It was good, but a little confusing.

Right now I'm watching:

Hanayamata
Sailor Moon Crystal
K-ON

Yui

• Producer
  • Presenting Pisces Yui!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: April 02, 2016, 11:29:31 am »
I finished watching Go! Princess Precure. Now I just started with Aikatsu! I think that's the third idol anime I'll watch.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: April 02, 2016, 03:50:53 pm »
any recommendations from this past season?

Nayre

• Haisai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: April 03, 2016, 12:23:12 am »
any recommendations from this past season?

I haven't seen it myself yet, but I keep hearing about how good Boku Dake ga Inai Machi(ERASED) is.  I remember somewhere in the middle of it airing, people were already calling it AotS/AotY at some point lol.  8.8 average rating on MAL(by 100k users) is also a good indication it might be worth watching. 

I'm really looking forward to Flying Witch this season.  Seems like a refreshing, peaceful SoL with some nice visuals based on the PV so far.  I sense some potential with this one.

Edit: OMG, NEW WORKING!! XDD
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-04-01/working-wagnaria-web-comic-edition-gets-tv-anime/.100552
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 02:36:22 am by Nayre »