Username: Password:

Author Topic: Idolm@ster SP soundboards  (Read 5823 times)

digi162

• View Profile
Idolm@ster SP soundboards
« on: July 06, 2010, 06:48:55 am »
I have no idea where to post this.  But let me know you're interested plz :3c

So in SP Office Mode there's a soundboard for each idol.  I thought about ripping the audio and splicing it into pieces for use in well...anything I guess.  However I've been lazy and just never got around to working on it til now.  Basically I've done all the work, contains all the samples spliced as well as the full track.  You can replace your OS sounds with them, replace that voice that goes TOASTY in Stepmania, hack a game and replace the sounds...honestly I dunno, whatever you want.  Sky is the limit.  You could even plug them into your iPod and use them as your wake up alarm or something.

I already have Yayoi done; it's quite nice hearing my computer talk as Yayoi 8D

I want to rip them all and make them available, but I dunno who would want them and which idols first.  So let me know if you're interested.  Also can I post DL links here to them or would that be bad? D:
MCDONALDS x YAYOI FANFIC PLZ

Tenchy

Re: Idolm@ster SP soundboards
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 06:53:30 am »
Sounds interesting i wouldn't mind my computer talking as Makoto.

Sev

• Producer
  • Making a better tommorow tommorow
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 07:16:21 am »
You know me Yukiho all the way. I think its a cool idea. You can post your DL links if its original material in this case it would be OS sounds and what naw. though i believe it would be bad if you were linking songs and stuff that you would normally have to pay for.

Like a bird in the sky I believe i can fly

Scotty

• 961Pro President
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • Kuroi Shachou
    • View Profile
    • G+ iDOLM@STER Community
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 09:29:58 am »
Download links should be fine. You're not really helping out the piracy front.

TweenDoriru

• Producer
  • inactive like crazy
    • View Profile
    • sometimes drawing stuff
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 09:57:22 am »
I'm probably a minority, but I'd love the twins as computer sounds XD Especially considering Mami is my mouse pointer.

Also, since everyone has different favorites...you might wanna do whichever you want first XD Unless Yayoi was it and now you need more ideas as to which idols gets the next soundboard treatment.

RoninatorMarx

• Producer
  • Break Time---!!
    • View Profile
    • Marx's Blog
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2010, 02:25:19 pm »
*inb4rants-thisisntbackseatmoddingmindyou*

Though I like the idea of this, this is against the rules since the audio in the games are licensed (no duh), and we can't post ripped-licensed anything here.

Rule 6: No piracy.
Don't post direct download links for material that may attract authorities (licensed music, game copies, etc), for obvious reasons. You are allowed to link to another website (this of course does not include file sharing websites).

Sure you're not selling these, but doing so is seen as illegal, so yeah (universally speaking).
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 02:27:23 pm by MarxMayhem »

Scotty

• 961Pro President
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • Kuroi Shachou
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2010, 02:31:02 pm »
Well then.

*thisisn'tmetellingyouthisisfineandhecandoitmindyou*

But, this is me telling you it's fine and he can do it. Nbgi won't send out a C&D letter over sound bytes.

lisondra22

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2010, 03:02:01 pm »
Well by DMCA issues even ripping a single soundbyte is illegal
but i doubt that NBGi would care about a little piece of byte.

Scotty

• 961Pro President
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • Kuroi Shachou
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2010, 03:28:30 pm »
Digi's a grown man, I'm sure he can defend himself using fair use. He's in the US after all.

nowano

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2010, 05:56:24 pm »
Personally I don't have any problems with game rips. If I am not wrong, major companies have not yet taken any action against game-rip soundtracks...but still, try to stick with the rule, do not post the link directly. The rule says that you are allowed to link to another website. So if you are really sharing the rips, link to a separate page with the download links.

digi162

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2010, 06:22:10 pm »
@TweenDoriru - Yeah I did Yayoi first.  Cause I wanted Yayoi >_____>
Just seeing if there's a high preference for any specific idol so I can bust them out first rather than just going in whatever order I want haha.

@DMCA / rule 6 stuff - YEAH YEAH you all say this but I bet you'll download anyways the second I put your favorite idol up  :   D 

I was just asking to see the best way to distribute to those interested in keeping with the rules of the board.  If it wasn't possible then I was just going to notify you I have them and could send them to you if you wanted.  If NBGI gets upset at me then it just means I can yell at them back for not bringing IM@S to the states or to PS3 while I have their attention.
MCDONALDS x YAYOI FANFIC PLZ

Sev

• Producer
  • Making a better tommorow tommorow
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2010, 06:28:48 pm »
makes sense to me go for it. cause the second you put up my Favorite idol i will download it. XD

Like a bird in the sky I believe i can fly

nowano

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2010, 08:21:42 pm »
I was just asking to see the best way to distribute to those interested in keeping with the rules of the board...
We understand. :)

Here's my suggestion, a simple way and doesn't violate the rule:
Put the download links in a text file, host it somewhere, and paste the text link here.

ninjamitsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2010, 08:35:54 pm »
Hmm... I'm making UTAUloids of the idols, they sound extremely robotic and they don't sound much like the idols, but seeing as how just a sound board is causing a commotion, I don't think I'll share them here once I'm done, despite them sounding really robotic and you can't really recognize them as the idols.

Scotty

• 961Pro President
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • Kuroi Shachou
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2010, 08:45:00 pm »
User-generated content is perfectly fine.