Username: Password:

Author Topic: Urby's Multimedia Thread (image heavy!)  (Read 13507 times)

Himoto

• Apprentice
  • RUN FOR YOUR LIVES.
    • View Profile
Re: Urby's Multimedia Thread (image heavy!)
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2010, 01:57:26 am »
Well. Uhh. I HAVE NYASTER SPECIAL 1 AND 2. I don't need my money! D:

Hibiki's smart. She'll just have a shorter ponytail. And hey, they make an appearance atleast~ Although this'll be interesting, like a "What if Miki never left because she was being produced at the time" scenario. Such a shame 961pro always wins. Victory is but an illusion for 765pro....

I GUESS? I GUESS ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH. Hey, it'll still be cool to compare your current one and your new polished one~ And being thorough is a good idea, shows you care about your creations. ^^

That colouring looked legit to me for a second, fits in with the art style very well. Hibiki certainly had some growth in that last picture... That cat looks awfully pleased with itself, like it knows where it is.

Urby

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2010, 03:09:06 am »
But what will you do when NYASTER SPECIAL 04 comes out, Himoto!? WILL YOU LEAVE THESE POOR KITTIES WITHOUT A HOME.

rough, man, so rough.

Hey, no bashing or favoring any production on my turf! We're all fans of the same series, aren't we? Putting down one part or another just makes for bad juju. I do not like bad juju!

And, er, to clarify something I said in my last post: I posted the revised versions of dreamin' 1-3 on my classroom forum, which isn't public. I didn't post them anywhere you guys could see it. I realize I use the word posted both positively and negatively which may have confused some people.
I'll get it critiqued by the entire class on Thurday, after which I may fiddle with it some more, so don't expect to see them until next week at least. Which is to say you should forget about them for a while because I will likely waffle on them for a really long time, so whenever I do get to posting them you can be like; hey! What a pleasant surprise! I had no idea that this would happen! and all will be good.

re: kitten in the Hibiki picture
If nothing else it certainly is the most comfortable kitten.
comfy kitten is soooo comfy.

Himoto

• Apprentice
  • RUN FOR YOUR LIVES.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2010, 03:53:03 am »
... WHY? ;O; They're so adorable... But I can't afford them if I don't have money... T-T Hibikitty looks displeased... I fear for my safety.

Lol don't worry, I'm not a 765 hater or something silly like that. xD And you're quite right, Im@s will be im@s, and we all like the same thing technically.

Oh, I understood what you meant. I guess what I meant was when/if you upload them here, comparisons can happen. xD I hope that they aren't too harsh in their critiquing and that they give you praise for dreamin', dreamin'!

EDIT: Changed the post a little so it sounds less rude, 'cause I'm paranoid it did. D:
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 06:58:59 am by Himoto »

Urby

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2010, 08:22:10 am »
Oh Himoto, you and your edits.

PART 2 OF UNCERTAIN FUTURE LIKE WHOA: http://www.box.net/shared/ny4ulbfqmn

fun fact: this took me about two days (not as in 48 hours, but two days on and off) to write. When I get started on things I tend to get them done pretty quickly but getting started is the hard part.

Remember if you have any questions to ask, though I might have to hold off answering due to spoilars.

Himoto

• Apprentice
  • RUN FOR YOUR LIVES.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2010, 10:14:05 am »
WHOA LOOKIT DAT

Wow, the second half of that chapter was pretty intense, what with Miki's aggresion against Azusa at the end. Them be fightin' words! I wasn't expecting the story to actually take a turn like that, but because it did I was much more drawn into reading it thoroughly! This'll be a very interesting read, that's for sure. xD

Hah, I was kinda the same way when I used to do some writing in my own time! I would always fuss over how to start a chapter the most, especially the beginning of a new story~ I still kinda do write stories, but they fail so miserably it would be an embarrasment to upload them anywhere. D:

I did notice a few grammar mistakes, but that's because I'm a spelling nazi sometimes. Despite the fact, I'm a typo maniac. I guess that's why I edit my posts so much~

Can't wait for more of your stuff Urby~

Haldo

• ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2010, 06:49:03 pm »
And the plot thickens! :O Can't wait for the next chapter. Good job!
Yattaaaa! The forum is back!!!

Azusa_Miura

• Apprentice
  • resident idol~
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2010, 01:34:06 am »
Congratulations. You totally made me hate Miki. xD I'm really super excited about the next chapter! You did an amazing job, as always. =3
Yay~! Work on my first song is starting~ I can't wait to see how cute it'll turn out~ Let's hope for lots of sales~ <33

blake307

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2010, 02:29:22 am »
Geez.... Awakened Miki is really mean!  Nice job on the story BTW.

Urby

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2010, 04:04:50 am »
SUDDENLY, MIKI IS A HUGE BITCH BLUH BLUH

more news at 11

Awakened Miki is probably more bear than Haruka or Makoto, since she doesn't want anyone getting their hands on her honey. /ba dum tsh

I am curious to hear what you expected this story to be if the second half surprised you so much o:
and BLUUUUH GRAMMAR ERRORS. chances are they are actually done on purpose! I knows mah grammars but sometimes you just have to have your sentences read a certain way.
Unless I do something unbelieveably stupid, in which case, derp.

Part three will not have any more haircuts.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 05:41:49 am by Urby »

Himoto

• Apprentice
  • RUN FOR YOUR LIVES.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2010, 05:26:35 am »
Well, I'm not sure what I expected to be honest, I just didn't expect SCARY MIKI BITCHY BLAH. But that's goood that you did do that, 'cause it's different and unexpected and just... cool.

Grammar mistakes on purpose huh? Liar, you're just covering your tracks, AREN'T YOU. Nah, jokes.

And you say that now, but... we don't know.

Urby

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2010, 08:03:27 pm »
I'm pretty sure this story will get a lot of "whoa, didn't see that one coming!" from people. Hopefully it will continue to be cool developments!

You implyin' I don't know what I'm doing, Himoto? RAAAAAGE.
spoilers for part 3: Miki shaves her head!! no she doesn't.

Also, I figure I should mention this before things get too serious: Uncertain Future will be dealing with some mature themes in later parts. Just a heads up, though it probably won't be an issue until part 5 and part 7. (if things go as planned...)

ON A LESS SERIOUS NOTE: UF will at some points split off into other stories that explore another character's perspective. These stories will run parallel to UF and will explore and explain events that Miki won't be present for. Basically they are all the same continuity and the same overall story but different things happen!
The two that will for sure be written are Moment of Eye Contact for Chihaya, and Thank You for the Memories for Yukiho. I am consiiiiidering one for Makoto (concerning the conversation she has with Azusa in part 2) but I have yet to have a title for that one. "the agent comes at night" would be entirely inappropriate though it would be pretty funny.

And yes, in case you haven't figured it out already, the titles are intentional references to in-game songs.

Sev

• Producer
  • Making a better tommorow tommorow
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2010, 07:38:26 am »
Good God. All i can say is you need to be published. Nice Work. if you ever do get published be sure to send us free copies XD

Like a bird in the sky I believe i can fly

Urby

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2010, 01:02:41 pm »
OKAY SO I GOT DREAMIN' CRITIQUED BY MY CLASS

A couple of things mentioned I am not going to even consider because they would wreck the story, but pretty much everyone mentioned that they would like to see more detail - setting detail, character detail, things like that.

My question is, is this a problem the rest of you have? The class did not have the luxury of knowing the game this story comes from, but I do know that I am pretty sparse on detail. Would you like or mind more? tbh I have no idea how to address this problem right now; I'm trying to figure out how much I should add. This will also help in future pieces like UF and all of its child stories.

Gonna try getting Uncertain Future part 3 done this week, or started at least. I have some major projects coming up and I have yet to get started on them (...) so I might skip it this week and the next.

Haldo

• ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2010, 11:30:59 pm »
OKAY SO I GOT DREAMIN' CRITIQUED BY MY CLASS

A couple of things mentioned I am not going to even consider because they would wreck the story, but pretty much everyone mentioned that they would like to see more detail - setting detail, character detail, things like that.

My question is, is this a problem the rest of you have? The class did not have the luxury of knowing the game this story comes from, but I do know that I am pretty sparse on detail. Would you like or mind more? tbh I have no idea how to address this problem right now; I'm trying to figure out how much I should add. This will also help in future pieces like UF and all of its child stories.

Gonna try getting Uncertain Future part 3 done this week, or started at least. I have some major projects coming up and I have yet to get started on them (...) so I might skip it this week and the next.

I noticed that details were a bit sparce in the beginning of dreamin, but I figured that was because Chihaya's head wasn't too clear.
Yattaaaa! The forum is back!!!

Sev

• Producer
  • Making a better tommorow tommorow
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2010, 08:56:53 am »
I guess here on the Forum Detail isn't too big of a deal for us because were already familiar with what the Idols and most of the locations they would be in look like. Its easier for us to see the picture the story in our heads because we're familiar with it. If you want to share this story with non iM@S friends then I'd say go ahead and work on your details.

Like a bird in the sky I believe i can fly