Username: Password:

Author Topic: iDOLM@STER 2!!  (Read 490307 times)

Raestloz

• UnOfficial Picture Assembler
    • View Profile
Re: iDOLM@STER 2!!
« Reply #1440 on: November 20, 2010, 06:39:10 pm »
2nd song = shows off the idols talents in a different way ( KisS ;) )
Heh, they showed off idols' talent in a different way alright with Valentine

Now then...
Where's my Jupiter CD?
Er... Joopeetarr? Who? Oh! You mean THAT Jupiter! Ahahahah, sorry kid, they'll have to... um... wait. I mean, um... we got RK and Kotori to work with, and um... we're kinda... like... busy, okay? We have to promote the game and we have to work with the CDs and all stuff oh god crapIcan'ttakethisanymore. Now go! Shoo shoo. I wanna get them through before we start working on 961. Now where was that Chihaya's CD... what are you doing here? Go! Shoo! Where did I put it... not here... not there... was it the living room? Or the TV? Or my bed? No, wait that was Takane... so where did I... what are you doing?

</epic fail>
Choose Your Top iDOL

THE iDOLM@STER must GO ON!

Cael K.

• Producer
  • Dark Slayer Style!
    • View Profile
    • Memories of Melon Pan
« Reply #1441 on: November 20, 2010, 06:53:39 pm »
The Makoto/Chihaya/Takane screenshot is at the bottom of this page: http://www.bandainamcogames.co.jp/cs/list/idolmaster/im2/product/

It doesn't look like Chihaya is very athletic, or she's oddly not looking/facing/paying any attention to where she's punching. Someone needs to get a shot of her doing this while she's blinking. ^^;
Cael's Im@s Ranking: Azusa, Yumeko, Tomomi, Haruka

How to get stuff from Japan without causing things to explode in a shower of sparks and misery: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1108.0.html

Memories of Melon Pan: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/
Translations: http://www.mediafire.com/?hzc4b0jy7pwll

Currently translating (text only):
S(mile)ING! (English version, singable) - http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/20140911/1410422445
Neue Green, Volume 3 - Will start sometime. ^_^;;
Rockin' Girl, Volume 1 (Chapters 1-5) - http://www.mediafire.com/?z00ffkvg5ocg11e

TweenDoriru

• Producer
  • inactive like crazy
    • View Profile
    • sometimes drawing stuff
« Reply #1442 on: November 20, 2010, 07:24:56 pm »
It doesn't look like Chihaya is very athletic, or she's oddly not looking/facing/paying any attention to where she's punching. Someone needs to get a shot of her doing this while she's blinking. ^^;
Fortunately for Makoto, her head was missed by a small margin. Chihaya, please pay attention next time D: *shot*

By the way, this is on a bit of a different topic, but you know how Haruka, Hibiki, and Miki are bringing GO MY WAY!!, Shiny Smile, and relations to iM@S2 respectively?

We already know that Makoto is bringing Meisou Mind, and Chihaya is bringing Me Ga Au Toki (judging by the Famitsu screenshots XD). Wonder what song Takane will bring... and Yukiho, Yayoi, and Mami as well (provided each has an 'old' song).

iM@Sotaku

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: November 21, 2010, 12:41:16 am »

Elixir

• View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: November 21, 2010, 02:56:25 am »
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/bestsellers/videogames/
iM@S2 hits the top on the game pre-order list of Amazon JP!  ;D

And yet, all of the comments are negative...

Raestloz

• View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: November 21, 2010, 05:57:49 am »
And yet, all of the comments are negative...
Courtesy of Jupiter?
Choose Your Top iDOL

Kaminos

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Project-Imas
« Reply #1446 on: November 22, 2010, 09:54:09 am »
I preordered my Sparkle Edition too, at amiami. Hope they do ship the weiss schwarz card too.

is there a "more" collector edition than this one ? Just wondering ...

PS : And oh, hey. Will try to come more often here pals.

Aya Kyunik

• Apprentice
  • iM@S lurker
    • View Profile
    • Moé Idolatry
« Reply #1447 on: November 23, 2010, 09:33:05 am »
I would of thought they'd release a LE on the scale of the first LE box. Already preordred mine as soon as I saw it appear on AmiAmi.

moeidolatry.com

The photogenic idolisation of pixel, plastic and nonsense~

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: November 23, 2010, 06:24:57 pm »
Anyone else amused that at first Jupiter was played as this OMGHUEG major development, but they've pretty much been reduced to tiny mentions in promotional stuff?

Maybe Namco is listening to the angry fans. ...Nope, probably not.

TweenDoriru

• Producer
  • inactive like crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: November 23, 2010, 06:27:42 pm »
Anyone else amused that at first Jupiter was played as this OMGHUEG major development, but they've pretty much been reduced to tiny mentions in promotional stuff?

Maybe Namco is listening to the angry fans. ...Nope, probably not.
Probably not listening to the angry fans at all. Just enraging them less XD

Either that or they're planning something to fuel the fire more...like the official limited edition having them smack dab in the middle of the front of the holographic game cover

Raestloz

• View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: November 23, 2010, 07:16:14 pm »
Probably not listening to the angry fans at all. Just enraging them less XD

Either that or they're planning something to fuel the fire more...like the official limited edition having them smack dab in the middle of the front of the holographic game cover

No, I can bet my arse they won't.

iM@S's promotion is always about virtual girls with unnecessary information like BWH and all that. While adding male rivals is something, using them extensively in promotions is really something else.

I read a blog of someone who came to 5th anniversary concert, and he was pretty sure iM@S's female : male fan comparison is about 1 : 100. Announcing Jupiter would rise the excitement of female fans, featuring them all the time won't excite male fans, and maybe female fans as well.

You don't actually have anything to do with Jupiter (okay, maybe kicking their arses on stage counts as "something"), emphasizing characters who you might not meet once an hour is not a good strategy I say.

Lastly, in promotions all featured characters are main characters, not side characters.

Well, except Nintendo's promotions I guess, what with so many characters that they have, but they have different target audience
Choose Your Top iDOL

TweenDoriru

• Producer
  • inactive like crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: November 23, 2010, 07:23:45 pm »
No, I can bet my arse they won't.

iM@S's promotion is always about virtual girls with unnecessary information like BWH and all that. While adding male rivals is something, using them extensively in promotions is really something else.

I read a blog of someone who came to 5th anniversary concert, and he was pretty sure iM@S's female : male fan comparison is about 1 : 100. Announcing Jupiter would rise the excitement of female fans, featuring them all the time won't excite male fans, and maybe female fans as well.

You don't actually have anything to do with Jupiter (okay, maybe kicking their arses on stage counts as "something"), emphasizing characters who you might not meet once an hour is not a good strategy I say.

Lastly, in promotions all featured characters are main characters, not side characters.

Well, except Nintendo's promotions I guess, what with so many characters that they have, but they have different target audience
Yeah, I was kidding ^^;

Jupiter's existence, considering how big it is (see: not very) isn't going to drag female fans into the game, really, because they aren't producing 2 guys and a shota. They're producing 3-5 girls into stardom.

I think that if a girl likes the game, it's because of the aspect itself (girls that play dating sims and/or ones that enjoy dressup and stage planning, or whatever reason at all XD), not because of Jupiter, and I really don't think they're in the game solely to attract a female audience.

Also (maybe not in Jupiter's case), emphasizing rivals is a good strategy as far as NBGI can be concerned. We have Takane and Hibiki because of that (how often did you meet the rivals in story mode on the PSP?)

As long as Jupiter isn't hopping into the 765Pro office like "producer-san, what are we going to do today? heehee", I don't think anyone has anything to worry about.

(I still don't understand the Jupiter hate. I really don't.)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 07:32:05 pm by TweenDoriru »

Raestloz

• View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: November 23, 2010, 07:35:35 pm »
I've calmed down from my Jupiter raeg, and I still can't find any way to actually like them. I can tolerate them because I won't see them (I don't own a 360), but I can't like them.

It's just that I see girls all the time, and then some boys charge in. It's unusual, and not something I'd expect to see is all.
Also, yes I agree Jupiter alone won't attract female fans, because no matter what happens, you'll still produce girls

Takane and Hibiki are with Miki. Since Miki is... erm... "jumping ship" in SP, I think they have to tell gamers "Miki's not with ya no more" and since they have to tell them where she's gone, Hibiki and Takane needs to be introduced.

Besides, they're girls :/ In a game targeting mainly male audience, slapping girls everywhere is always a good strategy, as long as they'll interact with you eventually.

If Jupiter make their way into 765, I won't know what to even think about iM@S anymore.

I wonder if they'll share the same fate as Ai, Ryo and Eri? Their existence is approved, but they'd never be glanced at anymore.
Choose Your Top iDOL

TweenDoriru

• Producer
  • inactive like crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: November 23, 2010, 07:57:19 pm »
Maybe they got complaints or something. "Your idol world is too sexist! There are male celebrities too!!" and so they added Jupiter.

But really...sorry if this is offensive, but it's pretty close-minded to dislike Jupiter solely because they're male, and to like everyone else, including Project Fairy rivals, because they're female.

The only real reason to dislike them so far (sans Hokuto, he's some sort of womanizer, right? Dislike that all you want) is that they're part of 961.

And yeah, with the fan reaction to Jupiter...without a doubt they'll get thrown aside, possibly even worse than 876Pro (after all, they still get birthday banners and have an individual section on the website).
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 08:19:44 pm by TweenDoriru »

Raestloz

• View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: November 23, 2010, 08:20:30 pm »
Maybe they got complaints or something. "Your idol world is too sexist! There are male celebrities too!!" and so they added Jupiter.

But really...sorry if this is offensive, but it's pretty close-minded to dislike Jupiter solely because they're male, and to like everyone else, including Project Fairy rivals, because they're female.

The only real reason to dislike them so far (sans Hokuto, he's some sort of womanizer, right?) is that they're part of 961.

It opens up a whole new possibilities of story for the creative team, that's something I have to admit. Maybe they actually get tired of listening to girls all the time and would like some boys to spice things up? Who knows?

Close-minded or narrow-minded (or whatever it is called, I recall the term "silly" and "retarded" fit the context, so are "bullsh*t" and "stupid" along with "incomprehensible"), I have to agree that saying that about one's preferences is pretty offensive. It might be silly according to one's standard, but you really can't do much when it comes to subjective opinions. That's why they have debates and all that stuff out there  :/

I like iM@S exactly because it contained girls and no boys (2nd Vision changed it, thus the past tense). Well, that and the music. It's expected for me to find Jupiter unlikable. As long as I simply state things and not force others to agree with me, I find it to be safe :|
Choose Your Top iDOL