Username: Password:

Author Topic: Manami Kohara: Romantic Daydreamer  (Read 12812 times)

Neko-P

• Just another fan. Sort of.
    • View Profile
Re: Manami Kohara: Romantic Daydreamer
« Reply #90 on: March 26, 2011, 04:32:44 pm »
Hmm... No, I get what you mean, I think.

Like this?

I will say that you're right that it looks better. ^_^ Though the fluff was supposed to be where the fur on her outfit goes, 'cause all the Beyond the Stars outfits have fur somewhere near the neck. (The top of Miki's top and her scark, Hibiki's hood, Takane's collar), so I just went with it. I then added it to the bottom of the outfit, too, just because it was looking too simple... The belts were added pretty early into the design, I just didn't know what to put on them, so "961" seemed as good as anything. The boots don't look all that great to me, but the outfits all have the same boots with different tops, so I tried something Asymettrical. It still seems to be missing something, though... Something around her neck, perhaps? Changing the tops of the boots? Added something to the gloves? Doing something with the sleeves? *Sigh*

Also, random thoughts on her transition from 15 to 16 as per imas2:

I'm thinking she would have changed up her hairstyle like a lot of the other idols have. I was thinking either a braid or just moving her ponytail up from the base of the neck. Also, would she have gotten taller? She's currently 156, as tall as Ritsuko... And what about her measurements? Would they change? I was thinking something like 83-56-80.

RoninatorMarx

• Producer
  • Break Time---!!
    • View Profile
    • Marx's Blog
« Reply #91 on: March 28, 2011, 09:31:01 pm »
Well, the clothes could still be worked on. I'll get on that when I have the time. I'm in something personal, don't ask.

As per the iM@S2 jump, I don't think we need to change them so much. Most of the idols didn't have a change in hairstyle so it's safe to leave it. Height would probably not change. Increase in Breast or Waist is possible. Hmm.....Any activities that she might usually take to determine physical traits?

Neko-P

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 30, 2011, 11:48:05 am »
 I remember saying at one point that she was a cheerleader, though how successful that is has left to be seen... That's all I can think of, though, although she probably does quite a bit of "reconnaissance" on her boy of the week, if that means much. Also, I'm thinking she keeps a dream journal, though that's unrelated. (Also, I'm thinking she gardens for some reason...)

On the hair side of things, I know for certain that her little hair-clip-kept bangs have moved from part of her bangs to the whole thing, 'cause it's easier for me to draw and easier for me to conceptualize...

RoninatorMarx

• Producer
  • Break Time---!!
    • View Profile
    • Marx's Blog
« Reply #93 on: March 30, 2011, 12:10:47 pm »
Hmm.... We could make it as a joke of sorts that she's actually a bit athletic because her reconnaissance prompts her to do things like climb trees and walls and sprint to areas so she can spy on her 'boy of the week'. And when someone asks when did she learn to move like that, she'll answer that her 'reconnaissance' keeps her in shape. lol

....I'm sorry. My stalker senses were tingling.

She gardens, huh? Does she garden her "rose-covered maze garden where she will tirelessly wait for her prince somewhere in the center"? XD

Neko-P

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 19, 2011, 06:11:20 am »
XD Sounds kind of like Ritsuko's MMA thing, being unexpected yet there for no reason. (I take it that she'd be pretty good at Parkour, then... XD)

... Yes, yes she does. And the roses are the purest white, "like the purity of [her] maiden heart." XD

Edit: Looking back through the forum, her hobbies were: "Reading, Cheerleading" That help?

Also, two REALLY BIG bits of news:

I HAVE A NEW VOICE ACTOR! (Sorry previous voice actor, but I never got anything from you. Plus, no contact=forgetful me.) You can view her work: here. (Edit: Sorry, forgot to save link when I did the "remove post, then post same post again and add edit onto it to avoid double posting" thing.) She's all-in, too, though she's going to be using a lighter, bubblier voice than she usually sings in. I'm excited. ^_^

Also, who's good with modeling in MMD? I have those models of the girls in that last outfit from SP, and I even made a new plaid pattern for Manami, but I can't make the model myself. Mostly because of the hair. Anyone else want to attempt it?

Bump Edit Update Thing:

So... Yeah. No one else has posted for a while. Neither have I, actually... So, anyone remember Manami here?

Stuff I've been working on: I have been making Manami's model in MMD, and have the latest Kyun! motion data, and Lulu, Manami's new VA, has done a version of the song exclusively for Manami. It's undoubtedly her best Manami song yet, of the three she's done of Manami for me so far, mostly in a "we're poking around for the perfect Manami voice" thing. This wouldn't be so complicated a plan... If Manami's bangs in MMD would start working with me. T-T Until they do start working, I can't finish making the video. Barring that, though, Manami's just about ready for her debut! ^_^

RoninatorMarx

• Producer
  • Break Time---!!
    • View Profile
    • Marx's Blog
« Reply #95 on: July 20, 2011, 02:16:44 pm »
Manami's debuting? That's awesome. ^^

Well, I think there are some MMD users out there that can help you in your dilemma. You can try AsrialTerra and see if they can give a hint or two.

Neko-P

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 20, 2011, 10:22:21 pm »
 I think I solved the bang problem, insofar as I'm willing to get. (I just deleted the physics and bones so it doesn't move like a helicopter. I still have a copy with the physics and bones, in case someone wants to fix it.) I did hit another snag, though: AVI files take FOREVER to upload on youtube. I've attempted three previous times, and it's listed anywhere from 980-1800 minutes. Not exactly a cheerful estimate...