Username: Password:

Author Topic: Im@s-EG  (Read 3754 times)

Neruibara

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Im@s-EG
« on: July 16, 2009, 08:20:45 am »
I started working on this on the old site, so I figured I should resume it here. Here is a recap. I wanted to write my own Im@s story. However, I was/am a fairly recent fan and my knowledge of the inner workings of Idolm@ster was lacking. As I was thinking of a possible solution, my thoughts drifted to an English Idolm@ster. An issue that frequently came up was the fear of over localization. After a while, I had an idea and here it is.

The setting is simple. A new agency, a subsidiary of 765, has been set up to introduce a higher quality of idols to the English speaking demographic. I currently(at the time of this post) have four idols in mind and am looking for more. If anyone has any ideas for idols or suggestions to improve the ones I have, I would greatly appreciate it. They may not be perfect, but like any work in progress, they will get better. I'll do my best to keep this updated. Here We GO!!!

Aurora Ortiz: The Latin Flower
Her name is Aurora Ortiz. She was born and raised in the big city, but currently resides in(will be named once company’s location is finalized). She is 17 years old and a junior in high school. She has raven black hair, worn in a low ponytail, shoulder blade length, the pony tail is kept curled. She has brown eyes and is left handed. Her hobbies include dancing and gardening. Having been raised in a big city, she had little exposure to to flowers, and has since developed to love of gardening. This is out matched easily by her love of dancing. She has a habit of starting to dance whenever she hears any music with a good beat. It sometimes lands her into embarrassing situations. She also has a taste for spicy cuisine. You'll be hard pressed not to find at least one item on her plate that is bright red from spices.

Name: Aurora Ortiz
Birthday:
Height: 173cm
Weight: 52kg
Blood Type:
B.W.H: 92-63-93
Hobby: Dancing, Gardening
Image Color: Amber

Naoko Fukui: The Once and Future Idol
Naoko, while originally from Japan, has now moved overseas. This is a result of her family's business. While in Japan, Naoko had applied to become an idol at 765 productions. She came close to becoming an idol once before. However, her family's untimely relocation destroyed any hope she had of becoming an idol. She has been living in a new country with few friends and watching her dream from afar. With the foundation of the new 765 branch, her name was brought back into the mix, and selected. For her, what was thought to be a lost and broken dream, is about to become a dream come true.
Her hobbies are swimming and photography. She is very deliberate in her speech. She cares very deeply what people think of her, and is extremely careful not to offend anyone. She basically goes into a shame spiral if she feels she has offended or made someone upset. She is not timid, a little submissive maybe, but not timid. When she starts something, she refuses to leave it half done. She has a passion for quality.

Name: Naoko Fukui
Birthday:
Height: 168 cm
Weight: 39kg
Blood Type:
B.W.H: 87-55-84
Hobby: Swimming, Photography
Image Color: Sapphire

Elizabeth Rose: The Punk Princess
Elizabeth on the outside looks like a typical punk character. Her clothes and her dark hair( complete with blue highlights and a crown of pink) complete the package. Despite her looks she is actually a very sweet girl. Before she adopted her punk look, she was the center of attention. Many guys were after her. She was always looking for something deeper, her partners were a bit more shallow. After an extended period of time, she grew tired of this. Every guy she dated wanted to be with her for her looks, and nothing more. After one too many  Blonds have more fun.  lines, and dead end relationships, she had had enough. She showed up at school the next day with her hair cut and dyed, as well with whole new wardrobe. She still acts the same, it's just her appearance has changed. She wishes that she could show her feminine side, but until she can find someone to appreciate her for her personality and not her looks, her punk facade shall remain. This occurred a few years ago, and fer punk looks still remain. It has grown to the point she is afraid to show her feminine side. It makes her feel too vulnerable. She is a very intelligent girl. She is very insightful and is very loyal to her friends.She can seem withdrawn, but when her emotions are locked on to a target, it is hard to deter her. Her hobbies include the flute and collecting cute stuffed animals.

Name: Elizabeth Rose
Birthday:
Height: cm
Weight: kg
Blood Type:
B.W.H:
Hobby: Flute, Stuffed Animal Collecting
Image Color: Emerald

Virginia  Ginni  Lee:
Ginni is a very sweet energetic girl. Her cheerfulness is almost infectious. People love to work with her. She tries her best to get along with everybody. I hope you like sweet things, because she can be so sweet, you swear you could get a cavity by looking at her. I should warn you, however, to avoid getting on her bad side. This little bundle of candies is actually a tsundere demon. It's hard to believe at times how drastically different she is from her usual genki demeanor when she is in a bad mood. It's surprising how sharp a tongue she has despite her age. When she gets like this she also starts to act very laid back. Actually, you can tell what kind of mood she is in by how sweet she acts in public. The worse her mood is, the sweeter she acts. As with many tsunderes, she does have that hidden gentle side of her. Unlike her genki public face, this is a very different kind of gentleness. This is a very pure type of kindness. Getting her to show it is the hard part. Not even her parents have seen this part of her. In fact only 2 people have ever seen this side of her; her best friend from school and her pen pal from japan.(Who, I might add, is the one that introduced her to 765 and put the idea in her head to try and become an idol.) Her hobbies include going to see movies and jump rope.

Name: Virginia “Ginni” Lee
Birthday:
Height: cm
Weight: kg
Blood Type:
B.W.H:
Hobby: Going to See Movies, Jump Rope
Image Color: Amethyst

Heather Allens:
Heather is more of your everyday girl. She likes to see people happy.  She first got the idea of becoming an idol after attending an idol concert. After seeing how happy the people around her were because of an idol's song, she resolved to become an idol so she could use her voice to bring smiles to as many faces as she could.

Name: Heather Allens
Birthday: April 20
Height: 162 cm
Weight: 45 kg
Blood Type: AB
B.W.H:
Hobby: Making Sweets, Scrapbooking
Image Color: Ruby

Name: Phoebe and Melanie Lorens
Birthday: October 28
Height: 165 cm
Weight: 50 kg
Blood Type: O
B.W.H:
Hobby: Pheobe; Reading,Drawing / Melanie; Kickboxing, gossiping
Image Color: Pearl

Name: Elanore "Ellen" Penn
Birthday: November 7th
Height: 173 cm
Weight: 50 kg
Blood Type: O
B.W.H:
Hobby: Cooking, Sewing
Image Color: Topaz
@u@
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 11:16:34 pm by Neruibara »
My own Idolm@ster fanfic project, Idolm@ster-EG.

RoninatorMarx

• Producer
  • Break Time---!!
    • View Profile
    • Marx's Blog
Re: Im@s-EG
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 12:02:25 pm »
Neruibara, I apologize if I wasn't able to help you out on this before. I was practically caught up with other stuff so I couldn't have time for this.

In any case, it seems you forgot to add the age of the idols. I really can't do much on estimating B-W-H without it. XDDX

Neruibara

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 06:42:25 pm »
It's alright. I have a lot of other things going myself. Thanks for pointing the ages out. I added the age of the idols and what I have so far of my fifth idol. Heather still has some fine tuning to do though.

------------

I've started working on the first chapter of my Im@s-EG. The first chapter will introduce the 765 subsidiary and set the scene for the story.  I'd like to get a little input while I work on this. For starters, does anyone have suggestions for the name of this 765 subsidiary? I have something in mind, but I'm also open to suggestions. Any details you would like me to touch on? Please let me know. I'm still a bit of a rookie Im@s fan. Any input will contribute to a better quality experience.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 11:07:15 pm by Neruibara »

RoninatorMarx

• Producer
  • Break Time---!!
    • View Profile
    • Marx's Blog
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2009, 08:36:42 am »
I'd say use numbers, but that might sound too tasteless. I'd recommend using words, but I dunno any words that could express the same way as the production offices' titles.

If we have to use numbers, let's try to avoid using the "list-digits-descending-way". I can call 624 or 742. I dunno. Your call.

Neruibara

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2009, 08:22:27 am »
TA-DA!!! Here it is. My own Idolm@ster fanfiction project Im@s-EG. I'll keep this post updated with the prologue chapters of the story itself. I hope you all enjoy it.

Prologue: Chapter 1

The sun shone brightly on the face of the 765 offices. President Takagi was in his office, looking over some documents. He looked over the profiles he had collected and was evaluating them. His search was narrowed down, but time was still against him. He hoped he could found a reasonable solution for this. His train of thought was stalled by a brisk knock on the door. “Come in.”

The door opened and a familiar face entered into his office. “President, I’ve finished with those papers.” The girl who entered was none other than the charming glasses girl, Ritsuko Akizuki.
“Ahh, Ritsuko, I thought you were supposed to be on vacation.”
“I am, but there really isn’t much else for me to do.”
Takagi nodded in approval. He moved to return to his own busywork when a flash of inspiration came to him. “Ritsuko, would mind having a seat for a moment? I have something I would like to discuss with you.”
Ritsuko was almost out the door as the president called out to her. She came up to his desk and sat down. A curious inquisitive look was sprawled across her face. “What do you need, President?”

Takagi sat down in his chair, ready to propose his new idea. “I’m sure you are aware of how 765 has grown recently. This is in no small part to you and the other idols that work here. As a result of this, we are flooded with many applications from girls who wish to become idols just like you. Lately though, there have been an increasing number of applications coming from overseas. I decided to do some research into our fanbase overseas. The results were very promising. After much deliberation, I have decided to establish a subsidiary production company overseas.”
Risuko listened intently. “That sounds very interesting, President, but what does it have to do with me?”
Takagi let out a small chuckle. “I’m glad you asked, Ritsuko. There is a bit of a problem. Everything is prepared for the opening save one. The person selected to work as the president has, for unknown reasons, declined the position. I have a few replacements in line, but it will take some time to get everything sorted out. Here is my offer. I would like you, Ritsuko to become the acting president of 624 productions.”
Ritsuko’s eyes widened at this revelation. For a moment, she was speechless. “I’m. I’m flattered that you would offer me this. Even so, to choose me of all people. There must be others more qualified.”
“I can think of no one else who would be better suited for this. You are smart and dependable. Being an idol yourself would allow you to better empathize with these new girls, since you know what they are going through. This will only be until I can arrange for a permanent president. What do you say, President Akizuki?”
Try as she might, Ritsuko could not hide the glee from her face at being called president. “I guess this would look good on my resume. I humbly accept your generous offer, President”
“Wonderful! I’ll make all the arrangements right away. You’ll be able to resume your usual idol work once a permanent president is assigned. Until then, You are now the acting president of 624 productions. Congratulations, President.” The two exchanged a vigorous handshake. Ritsuko made her way out when Takagi called her over, “There is one last thing.” He grabbed a stack of papers and handed them to Ritsuko. “These list the staff over at 624 as well as a selection of idol candidates. I’ll trust you to make the final call as to who is on the roster. Good luck, President Akizuki.” With that Ritsuko left, her attention already buried into the new paperwork she had to look over.

Takagi sat down at his desk and breathed a hard earned sigh of relief. This moment was interrupted by the door opening and a new person entered the room. “If it isn’t our very own all-star producer. It’s not that often that you come by the office these days.”
“You know how hectic it is managing all these Idols, president. If anyone needed a vacation, it’s me”
Takagi laughed as his mutual friend came to sit over at his desk. “That’s true. I still think you would have made a great president for 624, though.”
“I told you before, I can’t go overseas. I have important business here that needs my attention. Have you been able to find a replacement?”
“Actually, I just found a temporary president to run things until a permanent candidate is selected.”
“That’s great. Who did you find?”
Takagi simply smiled. “You actually just passed her on your way here.”
The producer was a little shocked. “Ritsuko?!” He spent a short moment contemplating this new information. “Well this is the sort of thing she would be interested in.”
“I for one think she will make a great president for those new idols.”
“You are right about that, President. I wonder what kind of” The conversation was cut short by the producer’s cell phone ringing. “Pardon me for a minute.” He grabbed his phone and raised it to his ear. “Hello. Not particularly. Yes I know where that is. Of course. There’s a sidewalk café there, right? Go in and get your self a drink, I’ll be right there to pick you up. Yes. Yes, we’re still on. It’s all taken care of. Okay. I’ll be picking you up at 9:02 p.m. tonight. Okay. Bye.”
“It sounds like your ‘important business’ needs you.”
“Yeah, she does. I’m sorry but I’ll need to cut this short.”
Takagi shined a gentle smile toward his friend. “Go ahead. I still have some busywork to do for 624 anyways.” The two bid their goodbyes and Takagi resumed his work. All the pieces were in place, and a new stage was about to rise and give birth to a new class of idol. What kind of girls will join the ranks of the idols? We will soon find out.

Prologue: Chapter 2

A new day has dawned. It's the eve of the grand opening of 624 Productions. The acting president, Ritsuko Akizuki, has already arrived to prepare for the days ahead. She found her way to the president's office and her new desk. After a period of time enjoying her new position had passed, she went to work.

She was looking over her final choices for the agency's idols. She had selected nine girls who would become 624's idols. She spent a good amount of time selecting these nine from the many she had been given to choose from by Takagi. As she was looking them over, a knock came at the door. "Come in." A young man walked into the office. He carried a semblance of confidence, but it was also mixed with fair amount of prudence.
"Would you be, President Akizuki?"
Ritsuko looked over the man before her. She was analyzing him thoroughly. Not one iota of his person escaped her gaze. "Yes, I am.  Who, may I ask, are you?"
The man stood up, very forcefully introducing himself. "I'm the new producer hired for 624 productions.  I'm looking forward to working with you and the clients of this fine company."

Ritsuko pulled one of her papers to the front and looked it over. "I see." She looked over the paper, occasionally glancing at the man before her. "I've seen your resume. You've earned quite a reputation as a bad luck producer." Ritsuko watched as her comments began to make the man before her squirm. "Most of your previous clients ended up dismissing you rather quickly. I'm a bit surprised you are still trying to make it despite all this failure."

The man stood straight, like a bolt of lightning had struck. "Those girls were all drama queens that wanted a quick fix to get to the top! They would have been great if only they had shown a little patience!" His face turned crimson as his embarrassment peaked. He had gotten carried away said his thoughts out loud again. He sat back down and quickly apologized. "Pardon me. I got a little worked up."

Ritsuko had not broken her line of sight. She continued to take everything in. "You don't seem that reliable to me." The producer could feel his opportunity slipping away. "However, President Takagi has recommended you specifically. Out of respect for him, I think I'll give you a chance."

The producer was about ready to get up and leave when he realized what was just said to him. "Are you saying what I think you're saying?"

She smiled at him, "I'll let you work for a month. Think of that as a trial to prove your competence as a producer. " The producer's elation was palpable. He eagerly reached out to Shake Ritsuko's hand in thanks. He was ecstatic over this great opportunity that has been laid before him.

She continued on to give him his first instructions. "First things first," She grabbed a number of papers from her desk and handed them to the new producer. "The first thing you need to do is go and bring in the girls." The producer was overlooking the profiles of the nine girls before him. He knew these girls would end up changing his life. "All the necessary arrangements have already been made. All you need to do is bring them into the office to make it all official."

He took the papers and put them into a folder. A look of determination permeated his gaze. "I'll be back soon with the girls." He stood up and made his way to the door. "I promise I won't let you down, President Akizuki." He waved goodbye and stepped out the door.

Rituko returned the wave and smiled as she said, "Good luck, Mr. Producer." After that she returned to her seat and her work. "It seems like things are about to get really interesting." She chuckled a bit as she waited to meet the new girls in person.

Meanwhile, the producer had gotten to his car and was ready to head out. He looked over the profiles one more time. "This time is going to be different. I'll show them all just how good I am." With his dreams in front of him and his confidence ready, he put the key in the ignition and headed out down the road, of the Idolm@ster.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 06:05:23 am by Neruibara »

Laburey

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 11:44:33 am »
Hey, it's a good start!  ;)

BTW, why do you use the "center" alignment?

Neruibara

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2009, 12:29:26 pm »
Hey, it's a good start!  ;)

BTW, why do you use the "center" alignment?

Thanks. The alignment is more of an aesthetic choice. That and the differences of alignment is an easy way to distinguish between Literature and Commentary.

Laburey

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2009, 03:07:44 pm »
So, how's it going with this?  :)

Btw, I remember you said my Ami&Mami "commu rewrite" gave you inspiration for something.

Neruibara

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2009, 03:20:32 pm »
Real life is interfering, so it's going a bit slower than expected. I'll get the next chapter up asap.

Yes, your "commu rewrite" gave me an idea for a joke/skit when I eventually have Ami and Mami appear for a cameo in my story. (and a few other bits of Futami related mischief)

----------

@u@UPDATE@u@ The second prologue chapter is up. Up Next will be the Character Master ark. You will soon get to meet my Idols. I hope you all like them.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 11:05:56 pm by Neruibara »

RoninatorMarx

• Producer
  • Break Time---!!
    • View Profile
    • Marx's Blog
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2009, 03:34:47 am »
Down to the last detail, so far, huh?

Well, he's exactly like we envisioned him alright. This should be exciting. XD

Neruibara

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2009, 04:29:39 am »
Well, I wanted to introduce and familiarize the producer. Don't worry. This is only the tip of the iceberg. Later on, I can dive deeper into his history.(he considers this his last chance to deliver, care to guess why?) For now though, the idols shall take the spotlight.

Suki Daisuki

• Bang ♥ Lazy Resident of P-imas
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2009, 09:43:43 am »
hehe double-posting is evil  :D
Hope you envision him properly or else..
*Prepares katana and insecticide*
To relax and do nothing is the greatest luxury:)

I bite =3
               ♥

Neruibara

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2009, 11:27:02 pm »
hehe double-posting is evil  :D
Hope you envision him properly or else..
*Prepares katana and insecticide*

Double post? I don't see any double post.
Thanks for reminding me. I had forgotten to merge the excess posts.

I may be a novice writer, but I'm giving it my all. I'm trying to stay as true as possible to the spirit of the original Idolm@ster with this story of mine.

Neruibara

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2010, 02:26:54 am »
It's been a long time coming, but I'm finally back. Now I can resume where I left off on this ambitious project of mine. Pardon me while I re-familiarize myself with my idols. The girls are all excited to meet you all and will be able to soon. I just need to get them ready for their debut. For those of you who liked my story, the long awaited new chapter will come.

lisondra22

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2010, 02:53:36 am »
Be sure to add Kuroi or something unwanted will happen.