Username: Password:

Author Topic: Translation Project - iDOLM@STER SP - We Need People!  (Read 39648 times)

Benpc91

• View Profile
    • IMMWS
Re: Translation Project - iDOLM@STER SP - We Need People!
« Reply #75 on: August 14, 2011, 07:17:28 pm »
The "legal" way to do it is to rip your own game, then patch it.  However, there is no patch...

The iDOLM@STER MAD World Service
The Gentlemen's Guide to THE iDOLM@STER

Togii

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
    • Togiisei
« Reply #76 on: September 03, 2011, 01:46:50 am »
Haruka's route is the only one currently translated all the way.
I'm the translator working on Makoto's route right now (although stuff that was done before June 2011 was not me), and there is another person really blowing through Yayoi's scripts.
The game is a pain to patch (because collecting all the script files is very time consuming), so I'd like to release a demo or beta type patched ISO that people can just grab and play right away, but it feels like there are a lot of bugs to work out. So many bugs.

Since I went through the process of collecting all the currently translated script files from the wiki to work on making a beta release, I thought I'd upload the scripts in case anyone else wanted to use them to patch it themselves.
http://togiisei.wordpress.com/2011/09/02/script-collection/

If anyone goes through the process of patching their ISO and wants to help me test things, let me know. I feel like it would be nice to get a beta patched version of this thing released, but at the same time, it's sucking up all the time I could be using on translating, so.. I'm longing for alpha testers~

gtodarvon

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 04, 2011, 05:20:32 am »
thanks for the txt files, im going to try to update my game. thanks again, and to everyone who are involved in traslating the game,thanks. just registed here a while ago just to say that. heheheh. I had just watched the 9th episode of the anime too. loving the twins now. hehe.

TheTanStar

• View Profile
    • Twitch.tv Livestream
« Reply #78 on: September 11, 2011, 01:28:18 am »
Posted a patch for the untouched version of Perfect Sun in my Let's Play thread. I made quick fixes to some of the more obvious problems, and when I have time, I will continue to work on it.

AkinaSumora

• Greenhorn
  • Currently producing Skip*Beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 04, 2011, 01:56:11 am »
So the wiki page for this is really inactive? Hm. I joined it a couple years ago and started translating Yukiho's path, but quickly realized that school took up too much of my time. Now I'm finished with school, so I thought I'd contribute some more. My understanding of Japanese grammar is a little better than it was, so I hope I can still help. I added another couple scenes yesterday and today, and I'll try to do one every day as long as I'm not at work all day ^_^
Trios produced thus far:
StarBlaze (Hibiki, Makoto, Miki)
Moonbeam (Takane, Chihaya, Yukiho)
GenkiGirls!! (Yayoi, Mami, Haruka)
SweetHoney (Miki, Haruka, Chihaya)
Skip*Beat (Mami, Yayoi, Makoto)

Togii

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
    • Togiisei
« Reply #80 on: October 04, 2011, 03:12:12 am »
It's definitely not inactive. Perfect Sun is almost 90% finished, and CD and I are still plugging away on it.

I'm working on polishing the menus and working out the rest of the bugs before I finish translating, but it's looking pretty good now.

As far as Yukiho goes, if someone can come up with a way to patch Wandering Star, I'll contribute to that translation once Perfect Sun is done, but without a way to patch it, it's kind of a waste. The menus and stuff I've been working on are good for all three games, though, so.. at least that will be out of the way ^^

AkinaSumora

• Greenhorn
  • Currently producing Skip*Beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 04, 2011, 03:50:27 am »
Well, I had started Yukiho's path because she was my favorite character. Nowadays, I lean more toward Ritsuko (if only because Yukiho's seiyuu changed and I don't like her as much as the old one). Missing Moon is even less complete though, so I figure it makes sense to keep working on Yukiho.

And if/when Wandering Star gets patched, that much will be out of the way too. >_< I'm sure my translations could use some checking, I do run across phrases and words that I don't quite understand...
Trios produced thus far:
StarBlaze (Hibiki, Makoto, Miki)
Moonbeam (Takane, Chihaya, Yukiho)
GenkiGirls!! (Yayoi, Mami, Haruka)
SweetHoney (Miki, Haruka, Chihaya)
Skip*Beat (Mami, Yayoi, Makoto)

redhairedking

• View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #82 on: October 09, 2011, 06:08:18 am »
I'm interesting in helping with anything that needs doing, who should I contact?

IcarusFW

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 19, 2011, 10:12:07 pm »
It's definitely not inactive. Perfect Sun is almost 90% finished, and CD and I are still plugging away on it.

I'm working on polishing the menus and working out the rest of the bugs before I finish translating, but it's looking pretty good now.

As far as Yukiho goes, if someone can come up with a way to patch Wandering Star, I'll contribute to that translation once Perfect Sun is done, but without a way to patch it, it's kind of a waste. The menus and stuff I've been working on are good for all three games, though, so.. at least that will be out of the way ^^

Just wanted to say thanks for the hard work thus far. I've been watching the progress on the translation since it started up ages ago, and it was a surprise when I saw Perfect Sun get over 90% done, but I'm always grateful for the efforts put in by translators - as someone who was an editor for scanlation group A's-Nano, I can relate to the long hours spent coordinating everything to get it all perfect.

I recently came across a pre-patched version of Perfect Sun at pspiso and gave it a go, but a lot of the menus were junked up to the point of being unplayable, so I decided to try and patch the game myself, and for a preliminary status report, the patching went well for the most part - the game displays fine, most menus and dialogs are fine, and aside from occasional text bleeding off the right edge of the various bubbles and dialogs, everything looks okay.

There are a couple of patching warnings I should mention, however. Two of the 'mif' images (menu alpha transparency, perhaps) in the pack flag up warnings, and I'm assuming they aren't imported as a result. And seven of the lines files report that they can't insert particular lines due to byte limitations. I think these lines are missing from the overall patching, as I've noticed some confirmation dialogs appear in Japanese, and some appear in English. I'm not sure what needs to be done to fix it, but if you're interested in which files throw up warnings, I've upped a text file with the main ones I could get from the patching program here: http://cl.ly/0Y2H1N012o092C1A0Y3h

Thanks again for the hard work, and if you want a guinea pig to test the patch files on, give me a shout. Any excuse to play through iDOLM@STER over and over, in the name of "quality control", lol.

TheTanStar

• View Profile
    • Twitch.tv Livestream
« Reply #84 on: November 28, 2011, 06:14:50 am »
I have a new translation patch done with all the scripts translated; I've only done some edits to Haruka's story, so don't worry that it is different than Yayoi's or Makoto's (I mostly just changed the names to the Japanese versions so that they will compatible with Download Plus).

http://www.fileserve.com/file/vGS9Krg
Usage:
Put the original YUMFILE_1.BIN in a folder with the files, run patch.bat, then replace the file in the iso using UMDGEN.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 06:17:12 am by TheTanStar »

satty

• Producer
  • Haha, time for best Tank Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 05, 2011, 08:40:00 am »
Okay, there's 2 patches so far for Perfect Sun: Togii's and TheTanStar's. What are the differences between them?
--Under Construction---

TheTanStar

• View Profile
    • Twitch.tv Livestream
« Reply #86 on: December 05, 2011, 01:09:06 pm »
My patch uses the scripts from tl-wiki (Which togii, among other people, has posted the translations), but I've done some of my own edits (Mainly to Haruka's route), such as changing Echo to Hibiki (I really don't know why this is), fixing some typos, and setting all the names to their Japanese counterparts (Because it's compatible with Download Plus). Also, my patch only works with the original version of the game, not the special version required by the other patches.

I've been meaning to mention this, but the way I've been using to make my Perfect Sun patch can also be used to make a patch for Missing Moon and Wandering Star. It will just require more effort on my part (I shortcut somewhat using the automatic patcher to generate files for me, but for the other games, I will have to generate each file by myself.

Maiku_Ando

• "Ando P"
    • View Profile
    • Maiku Ando's Anime
« Reply #87 on: December 10, 2011, 11:52:27 pm »
This is great news, well done in keeping it going. I assumed it had died after it went off the active list on tl wiki, glad to see its not.

I have the original and CFW modded ISO's (ie they are hacked to work on older custom firmware) and Wandering Star as a nice shiny UMD :)
I'd love to be able to play Yukiho's route.
In Loving Memory of Yukiho Waifu 2005-2010
Idolm@ster, Live for You, SP ~ Wandering Star, 2 (Xbox and PS3).
Idolm@ster 2 Videos

jjallman

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 19, 2011, 08:04:53 am »
would this work on the vita?

TheTanStar

• View Profile
    • Twitch.tv Livestream
« Reply #89 on: December 19, 2011, 04:03:15 pm »
Not unless someone can sign it (unlikely, as an image this large hasn't been done yet) or a CFW comes out for the Vita (Don't count on it). I would believe there are more sanity checks on PSP code anyway, not to mention that they are probably recompiled code (If I remember correctly), so the patch probably won't work anyway. You're better off buying the PSP cheap (the E-1000) or a used PSP and playing it on that.