Username: Password:

Author Topic: 1-Year Project-iM@S wiki anniversary  (Read 3456 times)

yukipo

1-Year Project-iM@S wiki anniversary
« on: November 12, 2009, 04:45:08 pm »
If you look on the main page, it has been exactly one year since our wiki was first opened!

So, I think we should all celebrate a bit by putting in as much edits as we can today or forever..

GO~!

airgeneralpong

• View Profile
Re: 1-Year Project-iM@S wiki anniversary
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 05:05:09 pm »
If you look on the main page, it has been exactly one year since our wiki was first opened!

So, I think we should all celebrate a bit by putting in as much edits as we can today or forever..

GO~!
LONG LIVE the iDOLM@STER!!!!!
Yay!!!!!!! XDDD

TweenDoriru

• Producer
  • inactive like crazy
    • View Profile
    • sometimes drawing stuff
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 09:23:16 pm »
Yay, happy birthday to our wiki!! It's grown so much.  ;D

blake307

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 11:40:11 pm »
It's hard to believe that a year ago the project im@s wiki was posted. I have done some to contribute to the wiki in the past year.

I would also like to thank Laburey, Yukipo, Taco and the others for their contributions to the wiki.  ;D

Sev

• Producer
  • Making a better tommorow tommorow
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 12:32:25 am »
A toast to all the guys who made the wiki so great. Its because of them guys like me know what we know about the iDOLM@STER

Like a bird in the sky I believe i can fly

RoninatorMarx

• Producer
  • Break Time---!!
    • View Profile
    • Marx's Blog
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2009, 05:31:53 am »
You guys should celebrate today.

Try listening to this. Song fits well for the contributors: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87T5NpWv9ns

Lyrics of the above, if anyone's interested.

yukipo

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2009, 09:20:43 pm »
I would also like to thank Laburey, Yukipo, Taco and the others for their contributions to the wiki.  ;D
*shucks*
well I want to thank everyone who has been making contributions to the wiki for this whole year. ^^ I think it's great we developed a sort of standard and that makes it all easier to edit on the wiki. So yeah... I hope maybe more people willl start helping out

OverlordIX

• TermiRaisha - Systems Online.
    • View Profile
    • Silent Stronghold
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2009, 02:35:33 am »
Well, I've never actually contributed to the wikia (due to my lack of knowledge in the field) but I daresay that you guys have built up quite a grand wiki for our cause. =)

When 5 Muppets come together, you get one heck of a gaming team!

yukipo

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2009, 06:05:40 am »
●´w`○ daresay~?
we need lots more contribs though. things are getting pretty bland on ze wiki lately. -___- I daresay

h4ataraxia

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2009, 07:33:05 am »
oorah for 1 year :K
too lazy to update anything else for now, but thanks for the kudos
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 07:40:49 am by h4ataraxia »

digi162

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2009, 05:36:24 am »
we need lots more contribs though. things are getting pretty bland on ze wiki lately. -___- I daresay

That's not gonna happen, and I'll be brutally honest with you with my opinion.  Looking at the Recent Changes page and from what I've heard, really it's a no man's land for touching.  I think it's more a matter of no one would want to edit the wiki cause it would have to be a minor edit, no one could go in and make a wall of changes.  To me, the wiki doesn't look like a wiki open for anyone to edit, it looks more like a wiki run by two individuals who probably have their own goal and visualization of how they want it to be constructed.  For someone like me, the only things I could do for the wiki would be to go through and make minor edits to grammar or re-organize things.  It's not worth my time to do that, instead it's easier to take the low road and just let whoever is currently working the wiki do their thing.

edit: I'm not trying to push you in the dirt for what you do.  In fact kudos for working on the wiki, I'm just putting my two cents in.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 05:41:21 am by digi162 »
MCDONALDS x YAYOI FANFIC PLZ

yukipo

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2009, 04:51:08 pm »
That's not gonna happen, and I'll be brutally honest with you with my opinion.  Looking at the Recent Changes page and from what I've heard, really it's a no man's land for touching.  I think it's more a matter of no one would want to edit the wiki cause it would have to be a minor edit, no one could go in and make a wall of changes.  To me, the wiki doesn't look like a wiki open for anyone to edit, it looks more like a wiki run by two individuals who probably have their own goal and visualization of how they want it to be constructed.  For someone like me, the only things I could do for the wiki would be to go through and make minor edits to grammar or re-organize things.  It's not worth my time to do that, instead it's easier to take the low road and just let whoever is currently working the wiki do their thing.
Okay fine. If thats what you think, although I could hardly see why you think the wiki is only run by two individuals. And in the long run, I already know noone else is going to contribute to the wiki moreso then they already do, just from my post. That was just a feeble attempt by myself at getting some more contribs around here. Most of your paragraph did not make sense to me either, anyone who has the information can go in and edit the wiki.
 I'm not asking for a wall of changes I'm just asking for  a little help, and I sort of figured it might have worked but I guess its apparent that it didn't.

Harrason

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2009, 05:43:00 pm »
According to the Recent Changes tab before November 28th, only you and Laburey were the main contributors of the wiki. There were some other people who chipped in too but in a sense he's not totally wrong to say that it'll be run by 2 individuals.

And well, nobody gets paid for doing up the wiki, and it is a pretty tiring job, so i guess most people won't bother with the wiki.

digi162

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2009, 06:04:06 pm »
Okay fine. If thats what you think, although I could hardly see why you think the wiki is only run by two individuals.

On the recent changes page, a majority of the work being done on the wiki is by two people.  Technically yeah overtime different people have tossed in something, but that's the impression to me which is why I stated it like that.  I'm just saying that might be a factor to why no one is contributing as often as you might like.  It might be the comfort knowing other people are taking care of the wiki and they don't need to edit it.  It might also be they don't want to interrupt the progress the current editors are making.  Or they don't know where to comfortably start editing the wiki.

And in the long run, I already know noone else is going to contribute to the wiki moreso then they already do, just from my post. That was just a feeble attempt by myself at getting some more contribs around here.

I'm not asking for a wall of changes I'm just asking for  a little help, and I sort of figured it might have worked but I guess its apparent that it didn't.

That's cool.  I was just stating why someone like me won't edit the wiki.  I was hoping to get the ball rolling by expressing my own opinion, thought maybe a few people would chime in explaining why they don't edit it.  Everyone probably has their own reasons for not editing it.  If you are serious in wanting people to work and contribute to the wiki, it's probably important as well to figure out why they aren't IMO.  Or perhaps guide people to what info needs to be collected and put up there?  Not exactly sure.

Most of your paragraph did not make sense to me either, anyone who has the information can go in and edit the wiki.

If I was talkin lyke a homie bro, my paragraph wouldn't make sense period  ;D
MCDONALDS x YAYOI FANFIC PLZ

yukipo

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2009, 08:58:46 pm »
That's cool.  I was just stating why someone like me won't edit the wiki.  I was hoping to get the ball rolling by expressing my own opinion, thought maybe a few people would chime in explaining why they don't edit it.  Everyone probably has their own reasons for not editing it.  If you are serious in wanting people to work and contribute to the wiki, it's probably important as well to figure out why they aren't IMO.  Or perhaps guide people to what info needs to be collected and put up there?  Not exactly sure.
alright. that makes loads more sense. :3 sorry. I went into mean mode for a little while