Username: Password:

Author Topic: Gameplay Thread  (Read 35083 times)

iM@Sotaku

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
Re: Gameplay Thread
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2010, 06:12:13 am »
Okay! So I don't have idolmaster or a japanese xbox 360. So I also have silly easy questions!

1) Do you need a japanese xbox 360 or a japanese account to play idolmaster?

2) In iDOLM@STER can you manger 3 idols or is that just in L4U?

Sev

• Producer
  • Making a better tommorow tommorow
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2010, 07:05:25 am »
1) you need a Japanese Xbox. to get DLC you'll need a Japanese Xbox live account

2) you can manage 3 idols but from what I've heard its hard to do.

3) Welcome to the Forum
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 07:07:06 am by Sev »

Like a bird in the sky I believe i can fly

Elixir

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2010, 01:17:32 am »
Also, you can't manage 3 idols until you've produced a single, then a duo unit.

The DLC requires a JP account, but also requires  Japanese 360 points. Play-Asia has them.

L4U is more or less fanservice, so I'd recommend playing the original game first.

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2010, 01:21:42 am »
2) In iDOLM@STER can you manger 3 idols or is that just in L4U?
Also, you can't manage 3 idols until you've produced a single, then a duo unit.

3 idols, however, does not mean a trio. (I can produce 3 idols but only a duo right now)
You have to have a certain producer ranking.

iM@Sotaku

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2010, 01:49:37 am »
I see!
Thank you all so much~!

Cael K.

• Producer
  • Dark Slayer Style!
    • View Profile
    • Memories of Melon Pan
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2010, 07:14:21 pm »
3 idols, however, does not mean a trio. (I can produce 3 idols but only a duo right now)
You have to have a certain producer ranking.

Producer Rank 5, I think.

At low ranks, you'll go up by one when you finish as long as you're like... rank D or above or something. If you do pretty well (rank B or something), you can jump up two. This is the lower ranks, though... when you get higher (like, 6 or 7 or something), you'll actually have to hit high ranks or you'll start to drop.

Duos are Producer Rank 2, I think. Do well twice, and you'll get Trios on your third play.
Cael's Im@s Ranking: Azusa, Yumeko, Tomomi, Haruka

How to get stuff from Japan without causing things to explode in a shower of sparks and misery: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1108.0.html

Memories of Melon Pan: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/
Translations: http://www.mediafire.com/?hzc4b0jy7pwll

Currently translating (text only):
S(mile)ING! (English version, singable) - http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/20140911/1410422445
Neue Green, Volume 3 - Will start sometime. ^_^;;
Rockin' Girl, Volume 1 (Chapters 1-5) - http://www.mediafire.com/?z00ffkvg5ocg11e

KIRBYSIM

• 笑止!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2010, 09:36:22 pm »
Kyo

Finished producing Iori but not quite successfully. I reached rank B but didn’t have any time left. I also completed all of the special auditions. I cleared all Dojo, Masters, and finally, the Super Idol audition. I missed just around 12 thousand fans! Ah, if only I had one more week… This is the case when you say “close but no cigar”.

Super idol audition –

Rank B –

Budoukan concert.

Instead of Tokyo Dome I chose Budoukan. I succeeded with the concert but this is not the perfect ending. Note that the scale is marked as “mistake” instead of “failure”. It’s kind of Engrish, don’t you think? Because when seeing this you can’t help but think that “the concert was one big mistake.”

So I stated producing Iori again right after the final credits. Thanks again for the suggestion, Kyo-san. Now I spent 2 months on lessons but went straight to the locals and hit a 20k audience. So I got Rank E in one audition. And I’ll need just one more to get to Rank D.
Since I partially watched promotion events for Rank F and E on my first playthrough, now I’ll concentrate on Rank D and on.
It seems I got a knack of the game. I hope I won’t make the same mistake as I did on my first try.

Doubt anybody's still playing the original iDOLM@STER (X360)... but since I just started re-playing it from scratch again (stupid iMAS saved data was tied to my first X360... I'm on my fourth unit now thanks to RROD), thought I'd just post some of the important stuff I didn't know about my first time through, when I didn't understand a word of Japanese.

General Audition Tips
The first time you go for an audition, apply for the MAKE DOG one. You can only apply for it if you audition success rate is lower than a certain percentage. In this case, since it's your very first audition, your success rate is obviously 0%. Passing this selection (3 candidates will pass) will jump you one rank up.

Thereafter, aside from the typical auditions you have to clear, the best audition to go for is IDOL VISION under the National tab. The number of fans awarded are always random, but if you go back and forth before the category tabs you can cycle through them real fast, before long you'll find an IDOL VISION 50K fans audition (top 2 will pass) as well as an IDOL VISION 70k one (top 1).

Prior to knowing about the 70k audition I always had a hard time getting to Rank S.

How to clear the final concert
This past weekend I attained a "true" or "best" ending in iMAS for the very first time.

I did not know the ratio of GOOD-to-BAD memories in the roulette is tied to a very specific equation, and that if you just stored up all your memory appeals and use them all one shot in the last 10 or so appeal chances, you'd succeed very easily.

The equation as follows:

N>(number of memories remaining divided by number of appeal chancess remaining)>3  - 100% GOOD
3> (number of memories remaining divided by number of appeal chancess remaining)>2 - 75% GOOD(not sure)
2> (number of memories remaining divided by number of appeal chancess remaining)>1 - 50% GOOD(not sure)
Yada yada.

Also, do note that the number of memories you have for this final concert is dependent on how well you performed in your "communication" with your idol/unit. Each "Perfect Communication" will give you 4 memories... and the rest I forgot.

Anyway, you should only start doing memory appeals in your final concert when there are (total number of memories divided by 4) appeal chances left.

In other words, if you have 40 memories, start using them when you have 10 appeal chances left. 32? 8 chances left.

This way you won't have to worry about selecting a BAD memory in the roulette and causing your Voltage to drop; all roulettes will have 100% GOOD memories.

KIRBYSIM's channel for Idolmaster 2 videos:http://www.youtube.com/user/KIRBYSIM?feature=mhum
Please rate and "Like" the videos if you've enjoyed them. Thanks!

TweenDoriru

• Producer
  • inactive like crazy
    • View Profile
    • sometimes drawing stuff
« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2010, 09:43:28 pm »
Doubt anybody's still playing the original iDOLM@STER (X360)... but since I just started re-playing it from scratch again (stupid iMAS saved data was tied to my first X360... I'm on my fourth unit now thanks to RROD), thought I'd just post some of the important stuff I didn't know about my first time through, when I didn't understand a word of Japanese.
Well, this helps me. I've owned iM@S360 for a while but finally have an order in for the Xbox PLAY-ASIA GET IT BACK IN STOCK NOOOOWWWWW PLEASE ;0;

I wonder if that ratio thing for the Final Concert works in SP. I suck at memory appeals. So glad they're not really necessary for normal auditions.

Also. I think the memories-thing for the Final Concert is:
Perfect Commu: +4
Good Commu: +2
Normal Commu: +1
Bad Commu: -1
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 09:47:47 pm by TweenDoriru »

KIRBYSIM

• 笑止!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2010, 09:54:25 pm »
Yeah, it was just so frustrating to not have that information on-hand, and resetting time and time again in hopes of clearing the final concert. :-/

Oh, and I was poking around in the PSP threads, and it looks like most of this is already common knowledge thanks to the GameFAQs iDOLM@STER guide. Dammn, if only I had that to help me when the game just came out. Ah well.
KIRBYSIM's channel for Idolmaster 2 videos:http://www.youtube.com/user/KIRBYSIM?feature=mhum

TweenDoriru

• Producer
  • inactive like crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2010, 10:00:01 pm »
Yeah, it was just so frustrating to not have that information on-hand, and resetting time and time again in hopes of clearing the final concert. :-/

Oh, and I was poking around in the PSP threads, and it looks like most of this is already common knowledge thanks to the GameFAQs iDOLM@STER guide. Dammn, if only I had that to help me when the game just came out. Ah well.
Yeah, I feel like I lucked out XD Because of the 360 guide, I knew most of what I was doing in SP before I could actually read the menus and stuff. There are still some things that remain a mystery to me (i.e. why my idol's stats randomly stop raising, even with good and perfect lessons XDD) but it was very helpful.

I like those tricks to getting fans, though...I'll definitely put those to good use XD

KIRBYSIM

• 笑止!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2010, 10:07:39 pm »
Yeah, I feel like I lucked out XD Because of the 360 guide, I knew most of what I was doing in SP before I could actually read the menus and stuff. There are still some things that remain a mystery to me (i.e. why my idol's stats randomly stop raising, even with good and perfect lessons XDD) but it was very helpful.

I like those tricks to getting fans, though...I'll definitely put those to good use XD

One of the things that I found out on the Japanese wiki early on was that there is a limit to how much stat increases you can receive through lessons - denoted by the inner-circle half (darker) of your idol's image meter.

The outer-circle (lighter) part is affected by things like clothing/accessories and successfully passing auditions. So after maxing out your lesson stats you can only improve your image level by winning auditions.

EDIT: If you lose in an audition, and then go to a lesson you MIGHT see your stats increase. I can't remember if this is the case... usually if I didn't pass an audition I reset the game anyway.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 10:09:15 pm by KIRBYSIM »

Picup

• Producer
    • View Profile
    • justice to believe - wordpress blog
« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2010, 10:11:04 pm »
Well, this helps me. I've owned iM@S360 for a while but finally have an order in for the Xbox PLAY-ASIA GET IT BACK IN STOCK NOOOOWWWWW PLEASE ;0;

I know how you feel XD I had to wait about half a week until they got some in.  However, if you paid like, 70+ for the shipping (at least I had to... it was the only option I had ]: ), you'll get it in the next day -- or something like that, I just know I got it as soon as it shipped.

Anyways, the info is also helpful for me as well -- coming from the person who has still yet to finish producing someone on SP -- I'll probably spend more time playing the 360 than my PSP when exams are over.

KIRBYSIM

• 笑止!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2010, 10:18:53 pm »
Quick question about the PSP version (off-topic): is there an option to skip the TV performances (after passing an audition)? Think I'll hunt down a PSP version so I can see what's changed in SP.

Apparently the X360 version had it in the options menu (hah! On-topic again!) - which I didn't know about until earlier this week when I re-played the game; would have saved me SO MUCH time had I knew about it earlier arrgghh.

It's things like this that make me want to take more Japanese lessons and improve my literacy level.

Picup

• Producer
    • View Profile
    • justice to believe - wordpress blog
« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2010, 10:24:16 pm »
If you press start during the performance, you can skip it that way -- and then there's an automatic skip option in the option menu I think.  It's been a while.

I actually wonder if the 360 had the start thing, I'm not even sure.  I went as far as opening up the main menu before I went back to playing L4U hahaha....

TweenDoriru

• Producer
  • inactive like crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2010, 01:25:22 am »
One of the things that I found out on the Japanese wiki early on was that there is a limit to how much stat increases you can receive through lessons - denoted by the inner-circle half (darker) of your idol's image meter.

The outer-circle (lighter) part is affected by things like clothing/accessories and successfully passing auditions. So after maxing out your lesson stats you can only improve your image level by winning auditions.

EDIT: If you lose in an audition, and then go to a lesson you MIGHT see your stats increase. I can't remember if this is the case... usually if I didn't pass an audition I reset the game anyway.

Wow, that explains a lot :0 I finally got tired of doing lessons to no avail and slapped a bunch of accessories on Makoto -- I usually try to play the game without the stat boosts of accessories (because then I "can't" take them off XD). I never knew what the dark and light circles were for until now...XD Thanks.
Think I'll hunt down a PSP version so I can see what's changed in SP.
<clip>
It's things like this that make me want to take more Japanese lessons and improve my literacy level.
I can't compare it to the 360 version personally, but I think it's supposed to be easier because of the way the lessons are set up. I find it a little disappointing (no duos and trios ; ; ) but it's nice to be able to play iM@S, period XDD

And I guess I took the cheap way out in my Japanese literacy (what of it I have XD). I wouldn't be able to read all the hiragana and katakana if it weren't for iM@S, and I've picked up bits and pieces from it...I'd love to take a class, but my parents want me to learn Spanish, so I'm sticking with iM@S for now XDD

I know how you feel XD I had to wait about half a week until they got some in.  However, if you paid like, 70+ for the shipping (at least I had to... it was the only option I had ]: ), you'll get it in the next day -- or something like that, I just know I got it as soon as it shipped.
That's good that shipping takes no time at all XD Though it might take a day extra or so to get here depending on the route.
I will be craaaazy excited when they send me a notification that it's in stock and shipped :3 I know I should be patient, but I've wanted one for iM@S forever XD Like 3 years or something