Username: Password:

Author Topic: Strategy SP - Question & Answer thread  (Read 55208 times)

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
Re: Strategy SP - Question & Answer thread
« Reply #210 on: December 29, 2011, 10:08:08 am »
thanks for the explanation
i got the game this morning, yay
didn't have time to play an audition though

do i understand you correctly that the interest of a judge is shared between all idols? so say 2 idols appeal to one judge a lot he'll walk away, even though the other 4 haven't done much with him?

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #211 on: December 29, 2011, 07:53:47 pm »
Yes. That always happens to me!!

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 30, 2011, 08:05:12 pm »
Ok, i'v played a bit (just did the audition to become Rank E) and some things are clearer now, but i have some other questions now ;)

1) I did one of the special auditions (if i guessed correctly it's the one you need to do before level 13) and was pretty confused because i didn't get any stars in the first 2 sections only to find out that this audition doesn't have 3 sections but it's one single 27 appeal section. Are there more auditions that behave differently? Or is it just the special auditions?

2) There seems to be a timing for an appeal that is better than others. Is there an indicator which is the right timing or is the only guide to get that right my inner clock?

3) I have tons of accidents during a song (about 8 or so), is that normal? And what determines how often you can make an "appeal" or whatever it is during the stage performance?

4) You need to reach the next rank in a cetain time span. Is the time limit fixed on the week number? In other words: If i reach rank E earlier, do i have more time to reach rank D or is the time you have to reach the next rank always the same? Edit: Ok, i think Kotori just explained to me that the former is correct.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 08:38:10 pm by Naryoril »

ikuto-sama

• Producer
  • ぜったいトップアイドル♥
    • View Profile
    • Check me out on Tumblr!
« Reply #213 on: December 30, 2011, 10:07:20 pm »
Ok, i'v played a bit (just did the audition to become Rank E) and some things are clearer now, but i have some other questions now ;)

1) I did one of the special auditions (if i guessed correctly it's the one you need to do before level 13) and was pretty confused because i didn't get any stars in the first 2 sections only to find out that this audition doesn't have 3 sections but it's one single 27 appeal section. Are there more auditions that behave differently? Or is it just the special auditions?

2) There seems to be a timing for an appeal that is better than others. Is there an indicator which is the right timing or is the only guide to get that right my inner clock?

3) I have tons of accidents during a song (about 8 or so), is that normal? And what determines how often you can make an "appeal" or whatever it is during the stage performance?

4) You need to reach the next rank in a cetain time span. Is the time limit fixed on the week number? In other words: If i reach rank E earlier, do i have more time to reach rank D or is the time you have to reach the next rank always the same? Edit: Ok, i think Kotori just explained to me that the former is correct.

1) The special auditions are the only ones that behave differently. I believe "LONGTIME" and "HIT-TV" are the ones where it's a long 27-appeal section, if memory serves correct.

2) Usually I trust my gut on the timing of the appeals. Also, I believe the comments that the judges make throughout the audition make a difference in your appeal timing, since you're trying to get their attention. How often you appeal to a judge in succession also has an effect.

3) When you're early into the game (and therefore of a lower rank), it's pretty typical to have a lot of accidents during your performances. As you raise your stats and do better in auditions and rank higher, those mistakes should decrease. Mistakes can also occur due to a bad memory appeal or poor appeal timing.

4) I think the amount of time you get is always the same, but I could be wrong. Usually whenever I play, I don't go to the Idol Ultimate till the very last day so I can get my stats higher and do stylist appointments I may not have had time to do earlier or do more auditions so reaching the next rank will be easier since I'll need to gain less fans, but that's just my strategy.

BT2

• Producer
  • ξ*'ω')ξ にょわー☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 30, 2011, 10:45:36 pm »
1. All special auditions have special rules or entry requirements, just check kyo's  360 faq on gfaqs for more info.

2. Just appealing's based on the beat of the song, just look at the flashing appeal bar. If the light's lit you'll get a just appeal. Slower songs are easier to just appeal.

3. Stats. Sure, stats are capped by rank but ranks itself doesn't cause any accidents.
Higher idol rank gives you more appeals during a performance but imo appealing's just annoying.

4. Fixed weeks.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 03, 2012, 03:01:57 pm »
2. Just appealing's based on the beat of the song, just look at the flashing appeal bar. If the light's lit you'll get a just appeal. Slower songs are easier to just appeal.

I don't quite get that one. The appeal bar is flashing in a pretty fast rate. So i have several possible timings during an appeal time frame to get a just appeal?

Additionally: Is it a viable strategy to do no normal auditions and do the rival auditions since they give a ton of fans? Of course you still need to do the special auditions and the rank up auditions. In the Boxm@s faq on gamefaqs (as i'v understood it SP is very similar to Boxm@s) it sounds like doing auditions also increases your stats (the bright part of the stats circle), and not just because a blue reporter can be hooked. Is that true or did i misinterpret that?

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #216 on: January 04, 2012, 01:18:06 am »
If I were you and you feel confident you should always do the rival auditions! They are really really helpful!

Cael K.

• Producer
  • Dark Slayer Style!
    • View Profile
    • Memories of Melon Pan
« Reply #217 on: January 04, 2012, 02:45:42 am »
I don't quite get that one. The appeal bar is flashing in a pretty fast rate. So i have several possible timings during an appeal time frame to get a just appeal?

Additionally: Is it a viable strategy to do no normal auditions and do the rival auditions since they give a ton of fans? Of course you still need to do the special auditions and the rank up auditions. In the Boxm@s faq on gamefaqs (as i'v understood it SP is very similar to Boxm@s) it sounds like doing auditions also increases your stats (the bright part of the stats circle), and not just because a blue reporter can be hooked. Is that true or did i misinterpret that?

Don't worry, it flashes to the beat. Get the rhythm, you'll get the just appeal. (Unless you're playing the XBox360 version, where it's hard as sin to time it right.)

Also, beating auditions in Boxm@s does give you a buff. Losing can decrease this buff (I've seen it happen both ways).
Cael's Im@s Ranking: Azusa, Yumeko, Tomomi, Haruka

How to get stuff from Japan without causing things to explode in a shower of sparks and misery: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1108.0.html

Memories of Melon Pan: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/
Translations: http://www.mediafire.com/?hzc4b0jy7pwll

Currently translating (text only):
S(mile)ING! (English version, singable) - http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/20140911/1410422445
Neue Green, Volume 3 - Will start sometime. ^_^;;
Rockin' Girl, Volume 1 (Chapters 1-5) - http://www.mediafire.com/?z00ffkvg5ocg11e

Byuusan

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 14, 2012, 09:50:20 pm »
didn't wanan make another thread to ask this simple question.

In Missing Moon, from left to right what is the idol picking order?

Im trying to do something with the sp specfic idol order but i dont own missing moon :<

ikuto-sama

• Producer
  • ぜったいトップアイドル♥
    • View Profile
    • Check me out on Tumblr!
« Reply #219 on: February 17, 2012, 01:23:23 am »
didn't wanan make another thread to ask this simple question.

In Missing Moon, from left to right what is the idol picking order?

Im trying to do something with the sp specfic idol order but i dont own missing moon :<

I might be wrong, but I believe it goes Chihaya-Ritsuko-Azusa. Not quite sure though because it's been awhile since I've played the game. ^^;

Kimidori

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 02, 2012, 09:04:12 am »
how many memories i should make with the idol? i'm have 15 right now and i'm at week 23

starfighter9

• Apprentice
  • Ku~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 02, 2012, 09:50:12 am »
how many memories i should make with the idol? i'm have 15 right now and i'm at week 23
Well it depends on whether you want the achievement for ending game with 99 memories (although if you're aiming for that week 23 is probably too late to start). If you don't then you should be able to win with only the occasional promotion every couple of weeks, just keep at least 10 on hand (in case things like rival auditions pop up and you want the 10k fans, or you're really desperate and need to spam memories at the ultimate idol auditions) and you should be fine. Personally i like to spam promotions, because they're basically the 'storyline' of the game and its no fun producing an idol to victory while knowing close to nothing about her.

Kimidori

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 02, 2012, 10:36:34 am »
thank you, and btw, look like when my idol reach rank C, kotori say something about challenge other production or something to reach rank B, what does it mean?

and about promotion, i've been neglect it seen the beginning and only do lesson and audition, the only time i do promotion is after ranking up. should i keep on doing that? ;D

starfighter9

• Apprentice
  • Ku~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 02, 2012, 11:42:14 am »
thank you, and btw, look like when my idol reach rank C, kotori say something about challenge other production or something to reach rank B, what does it mean?

and about promotion, i've been neglect it seen the beginning and only do lesson and audition, the only time i do promotion is after ranking up. should i keep on doing that? ;D
It doesn't really mean anything special, basically she's just suggesting you participate more actively in auditions since you need more fans than before to rank up so you can't just sit there spamming rival auditions.

With regard to promotions its really up to how you want to play. If you just want to speed to a fast victory then spamming lessons and quickly ranking up can easily give an early win, or you might want to farm items from winning auditions so you spend weeks spamming those instead of promotions. Either way if you don't slack on lessons you won't really need memories. In my opinion the only real benefits of promotions are to get a better insight into the idol's backstory and personality. It's the bulk of the game's storyline though, so its up to you whether you want to win fast or take your time and get to know the idol better.

Kimidori

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 02, 2012, 04:09:18 pm »
so how many weeks are there? after winning the 4th idol ultimate audition i'm planning on doing some more promotion.