Username: Password:

Author Topic: Games, Games, GAMES!! (Besides iDOLM@STER, of course XD)  (Read 334800 times)

Accoun

• View Profile
Re: Games, Games, GAMES!! (Besides iDOLM@STER, of course XD)
« Reply #2175 on: July 16, 2013, 10:31:32 pm »
You mean IŁ-2 Sturmovik? The realistic plane game?
If so, never been into it that much myself, but it's nice to see people still playing that.
Would be afraid that it gets forgotten.

The people that play these kind of games are likely to stick to it for years, though. ;-)

Notewell

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: July 16, 2013, 11:46:24 pm »
You mean IŁ-2 Sturmovik? The realistic plane game?
If so, never been into it that much myself, but it's nice to see people still playing that.
Would be afraid that it gets forgotten.

The people that play these kind of games are likely to stick to it for years, though. ;-)

That's right. IL-2 Sturmovik 1946. Cliffs of Dover is the newest incarnation, but its release was plagued by bugs and other technical issues. It's all patched up now and is a good flight sim, but I believe 1946 is superior in all elements except graphics. '46 has much more content to boot, and I don't think CoD will surpass it. So I don't think IL-2 '46 will be forgotten until a new IL-2 appears that acquires the same playerbase as the original. I came into the game relatively recently (2009-ish), but many of the buddies I play with have been in the community since it came out in 2001. It's my WW2 sim of choice.

redhairedking

• View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #2177 on: July 20, 2013, 07:02:16 am »
4 hours into Shin Megami Tensei IV and loving every second of it

SakuraMaxX

• Producer
  • (/・Д・)/NO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: July 20, 2013, 07:06:13 am »
Slowly considering getting a PS3 on Black Friday now that Ace Combat Infinity is a PS3 exclusive.  The only other game I really want for it is Gran Turismo 6 though..

redhairedking

• View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #2179 on: July 20, 2013, 07:09:11 am »
If you can get a good deal on one I would say go for it. I'm sure you'll come across other exclusives you'd like to play.

SakuraMaxX

• Producer
  • (/・Д・)/NO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: July 20, 2013, 07:58:22 am »
Most of the exclusives I get recommended are JRPGs (lots of niche ones) like Neptunia, Atelier, etc. and I'm not really big into those.  Tales of series is always a consideration for me, but I can't think of much else that I'd like.

Elixir

• View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: July 20, 2013, 09:04:29 am »
I finished EDF4 on Normal, all 94 missions. Still lots of stuff to do.

I want to finish Zero no Kiseki before Dragon's Crown but I'm not hopeful that that will happen.

Notewell

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: July 20, 2013, 12:33:15 pm »
Slowly considering getting a PS3 on Black Friday now that Ace Combat Infinity is a PS3 exclusive.  The only other game I really want for it is Gran Turismo 6 though..

I was in the same exact situation back when Ace Combat 6 was announced since I didn't have 360. I do have a PS3, so it's less of an investment for me into a game that I am not very optimistic about. Oh well, at least PA is continuing the series.

SakuraMaxX

• Producer
  • (/・Д・)/NO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: July 20, 2013, 05:06:31 pm »
I'm in consideration of a Logitech G27 if I so get a PS3.  That's the only thing I know that I like about GT more than Forza, the fact that there are racing sets that are easier to get than the Fanatec Xbox 360 sets.

At the same time, the Fanatec CSR sets work on Xbox 360, PS3, and PC so........
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 05:09:46 pm by SakuraMaxX »

Heattokun

• huuuuuur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: July 20, 2013, 07:39:25 pm »
Ive been playing a bunch of New Leaf and now - of all things, Unreal Tournament. Not UT3. Not UT2004. Not the god-awful UT2003. But unreal Tournament 99/game of the year edition.

Also,has anyone figured out how to do that duplication glitch in NL? I cant do it.

KAWAII SENTAI LOLIRANGER.

Cien Laguoire

« Reply #2185 on: August 02, 2013, 04:07:04 am »
Finished Bioshock 2 with the best ending.

I think I'll do some of the DLC for some of my other games or go through Metal Gear Rising before hitting Bioshock Infinite.

Cael K.

• Producer
  • Dark Slayer Style!
    • View Profile
    • Memories of Melon Pan
« Reply #2186 on: August 13, 2013, 01:53:20 am »
So, I thought maybe I'd buy some pick-up-and-put-down games just for the lulz.

... Ace Combat: Assault Horizon, and Front Mission Evolved. That laughing you hear is me trying to decide which I play first.

Gears of War: Judgement wasn't on the list because it was still 32 bucks, as opposed to these two which were 20 and like, 7.

EDIT: Coin toss said Assault Horizon. It's the American version, and I don't have/don't care to make an American PS account, so no Im@s paint schemes for me I guess. Going straight for Elite difficulty, we'll see how I do.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 03:22:18 am by Cael K. »
Cael's Im@s Ranking: Azusa, Yumeko, Tomomi, Haruka

How to get stuff from Japan without causing things to explode in a shower of sparks and misery: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1108.0.html

Memories of Melon Pan: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/
Translations: http://www.mediafire.com/?hzc4b0jy7pwll

Currently translating (text only):
S(mile)ING! (English version, singable) - http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/20140911/1410422445
Neue Green, Volume 3 - Will start sometime. ^_^;;
Rockin' Girl, Volume 1 (Chapters 1-5) - http://www.mediafire.com/?z00ffkvg5ocg11e

ZetaFlare

• Producer
  • Chief of ACME Crimenet's San Diego Divison
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: August 16, 2013, 06:24:43 am »
So far I'm locked into Mario & Luigi Dream Team. So far I've defeated that giant drill tank and am currently trying to find Big Mastiff and all the attack pieces in Wakeport. I'm currently trying to juggle my time between this and Tales of Xillia (got the collector's edition BTW).

Accoun

• View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: August 19, 2013, 12:08:59 am »
Trying to watch the Tekken Global Championship US qualifiers stream. With heavy emphasis on "trying".
The tournament is pretty good so far, but stream is a mess. I don't really watch streams much, but this one is the worst I've seen.

TheTanStar

• View Profile
    • Twitch.tv Livestream
« Reply #2189 on: August 20, 2013, 10:40:54 am »
Started playing The Bureau: XCOM Declassified. I was streaming the game on my twitch account. I'll probably be continuing in the early afternoon.