Username: Password:

Author Topic: Games, Games, GAMES!! (Besides iDOLM@STER, of course XD)  (Read 390270 times)

SalemJeanette

• (ლ╹◡╹)ლ 彡┻━┻
    • View Profile
Re: Games, Games, GAMES!! (Besides iDOLM@STER, of course XD)
« Reply #2115 on: April 21, 2013, 01:16:58 am »
Birthday and a week of vacations arrived so I've been gaming pretty much. Currently playing Soul Calibut V.
Bought Alice Madness Returns, Bioshock1, Devil may cry HD Collection and Devil May Cry4 yesterday.
Also got Ys The Oath in Felghana, Ys Origins, L4D2, Analogue a hate story and Dota2 on steam.
Recently plat'd dark souls and beat Ys eternal 1&2.
Also started playing Ys vs Sora no kiseki and Atelier Elkrone yesterday...
Good thing I don't have a life I guess D:
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 01:21:17 am by SalemJeanette »
Join the Idolmaster irc channel on Rizon #Idolmaster

JNiles

• Producer
  • Gimme a hug
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: April 21, 2013, 04:36:04 am »
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers.  Haven't gotten very far yet since I've been distracted lately.  I'm more motivated to collect demons than actually progress the story.  Hurray for Play Coins!  Also haven't quite given up on Etrian Odyssey 3 yet.  But what I'm actually doing at the moment is getting ready to evolve and train a shiny pokemon.

Accoun

• View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: April 21, 2013, 06:58:12 pm »
Playing Persona 3 Portable for the first time. Only played like 4 hours, but it already made me go to sleep at 6 AM. Hope it won't end up like Fate/Extra, which I couldn't pick back up after some time. The dungeoning became boring and there wasn't much more to do. From what I've heard, Persona is much better in that regard, so maybe I won't drop it...

JNiles

• Producer
  • Gimme a hug
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: April 22, 2013, 12:53:26 am »
Playing Persona 3 Portable for the first time. Only played like 4 hours, but it already made me go to sleep at 6 AM. Hope it won't end up like Fate/Extra, which I couldn't pick back up after some time. The dungeoning became boring and there wasn't much more to do. From what I've heard, Persona is much better in that regard, so maybe I won't drop it...

Male route or female route?

Persona 3 has huge dungeons, which can be a drag.  The issue with Fate/Extra's dungeons is that you can only go in once a day, which makes it hard to level and is demotivating if you get killed.

Accoun

• View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: April 23, 2013, 11:49:47 am »
Male. Since it's my first playthrough and I've heard the female route was only added in later (be it FES or Portable), I figured I might start with the original one...

And if the news of messed up Shiny Festa western announcement didn't ruin someone's day enough, Gearbox announced they bought the rights to Homeworld franchise.
Two next "big bidders" were Stardock and Paradox...

SalemJeanette

• (ლ╹◡╹)ლ 彡┻━┻
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: April 26, 2013, 08:22:34 am »
Adding more to the list of things I won't probably play again until months because I don't even know what to play now. I got Demon Souls, Dead or Alive 5 and Malicious.
Join the Idolmaster irc channel on Rizon #Idolmaster

Yui

• Producer
  • Presenting Pisces Yui!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: April 28, 2013, 10:13:10 am »
Still playing Fire Emblem: Awakening, but on Lunatic Mode (Already finished the Support Conversation Archives). And I just bought Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance too. Now I have to look for a gamecube controller.

WarOmnimon

• Greenhorn
  • There ain't no strings on me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: May 05, 2013, 05:04:58 pm »
Add Fire Pro Wrestling Returns for the PS2 to the list of games I'm currently playing.  I'm also awaiting the chance to buy Animal Crossing New Leaf (3DS) and Kamen Rider Battride War (PS3), the latter of which will be my first Japanese import PS3 game.

(On another note, I'm still upset that the 1.03 patch for Dynasty Warriors 7 Empires seems to be Japan only at this point, with no signs pointing to an international release.  You know, the one that's supposed to fix some bugs and add more hair colors and whatnot.)

Edit 5/9/13 Editing to avoid a double post.  As of right now, I'm also playing Hokkori! Tamagotchi-na on Mobage if that counts as something.  (Yes, that's the same Mobage service that IM@S Cinderella Girls is one of the games on, though I haven't started that game yet.)  I have one of the special characters from the current event in my garden right now.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 04:58:53 pm by WarOmnimon »
PSN - WarOnion316
Nintendo Network - WarOnion
3DS FC - 1547-5202-3440
If you play me in Smash, beware of dog and duck.

redhairedking

• View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #2123 on: May 12, 2013, 03:11:30 am »
I started playing both Tales of Hearts R and Pandora's Tower today. I'm a couple hours into both. Hearts R is awesome so far and the language barrier is not a problem in the slightest. Pandora's Tower started off not scoring too well with me. I felt like the gameplay was a little clunky. I have since gotten used to it and would say it is significantly better than The Last Story, but nowhere near as good as Xenoblade. I'll be sure to keep you guys posted.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: May 13, 2013, 09:24:27 am »
Hearts R is awesome so far and the language barrier is not a problem in the slightest.

Is is because your japanese is good, the japanese in the game is easy or because understanding what is said doesn't really matter?

chikorita157

• わたし、気になります!
    • View Profile
    • Chikorita157's Anime Blog
« Reply #2125 on: May 13, 2013, 02:43:08 pm »
Started playing Monster Monpiece again and got to Chapter 5... and the game suddenly got harder compared to the earlier levels as the battles are easy... Time to mess with the deck again.

Cien Laguoire

« Reply #2126 on: May 13, 2013, 11:57:32 pm »
Going to play Bioshock 2 in a bit. Why not Infinite? Because I can.

redhairedking

• View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #2127 on: May 14, 2013, 11:20:50 pm »
Is is because your japanese is good, the japanese in the game is easy or because understanding what is said doesn't really matter?
I have very limited knowledge of Japanese, though I am trying to learn some more. The story, as with most Tales games, is really not that hard to follow without knowing the language. The menus are terribly simplistic and are exactly what you would expect. The only slightly difficult part is setting skills and artes, as that does require some knowledge of the language. You get used to it though. Overall I would say it is a great import and highly recommend it. I recently recorded a little bit of gameplay as a Vita recording test if you are interested (ignore the first 25 ish seconds as I was trying to encounter an enemy).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMu_7Wp7drU

TheTanStar

• View Profile
    • Twitch.tv Livestream
« Reply #2128 on: May 15, 2013, 02:03:58 am »
Just finished playing Metro: Last Light on Ranger Easy (It should really be called Ranger Hard) in (according to Steam) 9.5 hours. Got the "bad" ending. :( Time to replay on Ranger Hardcore!

Edit: Finished Ranger Hardcore and got the "good" ending. The game is significantly easier when you've already played through the game (died way fewer times than my first run).
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 09:19:25 pm by TheTanStar »

redhairedking

• View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #2129 on: May 18, 2013, 07:46:54 am »
I finished Bioshock Infinite. I think it was overhyped, but I still enjoyed it. The ending was so sad yet happy.