Username: Password:

Author Topic: Games, Games, GAMES!! (Besides iDOLM@STER, of course XD)  (Read 362088 times)

satty

• Producer
  • Haha, time for best Tank Witch
    • View Profile
Re: Games, Games, GAMES!! (Besides iDOLM@STER, of course XD)
« Reply #1620 on: March 18, 2012, 09:42:56 am »
Scotty and I are in a heated battle of Russia vs Germany in Sid Meier's Civilization V.  I'm playing Russia, and for some reason, Scotty keeps managing to be one step ahead of me.  I'm not too sure on how I'm gonna win this one.

Update: I won by miraculously earning 300 points after stockpiling nukes and unloading them on Berlin right before we hit the 2050 A.D. deadline.  If I had maybe 2 or 3 extra turns, Scotty would have had the power to overpower my military and take over all of my cities.  Crazy stuff.

Eleventh hour nuke power? Pretty close.

Come to think of it, the world needs more flight sims, especially of the space variety, but I haven't heard of too many games coming out that fit that description. Anyone know of any good ones out there?

Wasn't really impressed with the AC:AH demo (and I already know of it), so eh...

For atmospheric flight sims, well...Ace Combat is pretty much arcade flight sim standard; other games seem to take a lot from the older games in the series. You could try H.A.W.X.

If you're going the extra mile and actually going for the detailed flight sims, there's Microsoft Flight Simulator or Lock On: Modern Air Combat (LOMAC for short)

IL-2 Sturmovik, I think, has options that could make it either arcade flight sim or actual flight sim. But that's if you're okay with the World War II setting.

As for space flight sims, they're pretty much dead at this point. If you don't mind playing older games, there's Freespace 2 and the X-Wing/TIE Fighter series. Otherwise, the closest thing now to a modern space sim is X3, but that's a mix of economic strategy and flight sim.

Okay, what I've been doing so far:

Yakuza Dead Souls: With a power bracelet, and the best dual pistols in the game (Ami and Mami SR Plus), Akiyama's pretty overpowered. Also, the level cap is vastly increased from Yakuza 4 (I'm at level 51, and I still haven't unlocked everything. I think the level cap in Yakuza 4 was 25.)

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl: Been playing it with a translated version of the Russian AMK mod. Makes a hard game harder, although there's other mods that make it even more harder. Just recently enjoyed tossing corpses in a Whirligig anomaly, which grabs stuff into the air, and spins them until they get splattered into pieces.

Mass Effect 3: Still think it was a great game, up until the ending, which I'm not happy about.

Also been playing Kamidori. It's like Atelier and Fire Emblem combined. It's also an eroge.

I have to ask though: For those that played it, how is Neptunia MK2? I enjoyed the concept of the first Neptunia game, but the gameplay of the first game was put-me-to-sleep boring.

--Under Construction---

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #1621 on: March 18, 2012, 04:48:09 pm »
My brother just bought a yen PSN card so he could play LSD dream emulator. Gonna try it out too. ^^;;

satty

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: March 18, 2012, 06:32:17 pm »
My brother just bought a yen PSN card so he could play LSD dream emulator. Gonna try it out too. ^^;;

Oh boy, LSD Dream Emulator. That was a trip. A fun trip, nonetheless.
--Under Construction---

Cael K.

• Producer
  • Dark Slayer Style!
    • View Profile
    • Memories of Melon Pan
« Reply #1623 on: March 18, 2012, 10:47:52 pm »
Check off the space sims you mentioned, done that already (okay, only played the first Freespace, but eh). I also have been spending a good portion of my life lamenting the loss of Origin. -_-

If I can get into a starfighter and blow things up, that's good for me. Maybe I'll check out X, they seem to be gearing up for a new release this year.
Cael's Im@s Ranking: Azusa, Yumeko, Tomomi, Haruka

How to get stuff from Japan without causing things to explode in a shower of sparks and misery: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1108.0.html

Memories of Melon Pan: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/
Translations: http://www.mediafire.com/?hzc4b0jy7pwll

Currently translating (text only):
S(mile)ING! (English version, singable) - http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/20140911/1410422445
Neue Green, Volume 3 - Will start sometime. ^_^;;
Rockin' Girl, Volume 1 (Chapters 1-5) - http://www.mediafire.com/?z00ffkvg5ocg11e

nublet765

• Apprentice
  • Reporting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: March 19, 2012, 07:24:33 am »
Mass Effect 3: Still think it was a great game, up until the ending, which I'm not happy about.

Also been playing Kamidori. It's like Atelier and Fire Emblem combined. It's also an eroge.

Thanks for not spoiling - ... you'd be surprised how many people don't understand - saw a few banhammers drop around the web.

Oh boy, LSD Dream Emulator. That was a trip. A fun trip, nonetheless.

... remember - do not mix substances with alcohol ...
Must learn Japanese one of these days ... T_T
Concert Challenge - http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1599.0.html

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: March 19, 2012, 09:55:52 am »
Decided to go back to the shmup binge. (mostly Deathsmiles, and Deathsmiles 2)

That reminds me i still got Espgaluda II and DDP Resurrection which i haven't touched yet. There simply were too many good games around lately... And i should play Mushihimesama Futari again sometime. Arghhh! Too many games. Though i like this luxury problem much better than not having enough

Mind M@ster

• Producer
  • Hibiki 4 me ♥
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #1626 on: March 19, 2012, 06:43:25 pm »
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City comes out tomorrow. I needed a whole new game to play...

AweOfShe

• 真のアイドルマスター
    • View Profile
    • Streaming random games at random times, live.
« Reply #1627 on: March 19, 2012, 06:51:10 pm »
I just bought Ys: Oath in Felghana over Steam, just now. I really don't mind quadruple dipping in Ys games. Heck, I would have paid $30+ again if they let me. XD

That reminds me i still got Espgaluda II and DDP Resurrection which i haven't touched yet. There simply were too many good games around lately... And i should play Mushihimesama Futari again sometime. Arghhh! Too many games. Though i like this luxury problem much better than not having enough

Haha, I know the feeling. I've been trying to 1CC Mushihimesama Futari and Espgaluda 2, on top of Deathsmiles 1 and 2. And I have DDP DaiOuJou, Resurrection, Ketsui, and Under Defeat HD, heading my way in the mail. And on top of that, I have Mushihimesama HD, and DDP Daifukkatsu MBL & Double Pack preordered. I still haven't gotten around to ordering Akai Katana Shin, and MMP & PS either. Just too many CAVE (and non-CAVE) shmups I have to catch up on, and very little time. :(
NNID - Daioujou | 3DS FC - 0559 7548 8384
XBL/PSN/Steam - AweOfShe1

satty

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: March 20, 2012, 04:17:52 am »
Thanks for not spoiling - ... you'd be surprised how many people don't understand - saw a few banhammers drop around the web.

... remember - do not mix substances with alcohol ...

Yeah, I don't want to spoil others if they don't want to know. Are you playing it by any chance, though? Vanguards are awesome. For a while.

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City comes out tomorrow. I needed a whole new game to play...
I'm probably getting it (after finishing a preorder for Max Payne 3 and getting Neptunia MK2). Saw strategy guides for it on sale, though. Made me think that it was already out.

Edit: Started up another Oregon Trail IM@S playthrough.

Takane drowned, Makoto died from the measles, Hibiki died from dysentery, Yukiho got exhausted from seeing everyone die and died, and Producer #2 died of typhoid.

Next is Ryuuguu Komachi + Mami. 80% sure they're not gonna get to Oregon, either.

And just as a reminder...

« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 07:07:54 am by satty »
--Under Construction---

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: March 20, 2012, 08:55:04 am »
Haha, I know the feeling. I've been trying to 1CC Mushihimesama Futari and Espgaluda 2, on top of Deathsmiles 1 and 2. And I have DDP DaiOuJou, Resurrection, Ketsui, and Under Defeat HD, heading my way in the mail. And on top of that, I have Mushihimesama HD, and DDP Daifukkatsu MBL & Double Pack preordered. I still haven't gotten around to ordering Akai Katana Shin, and MMP & PS either. Just too many CAVE (and non-CAVE) shmups I have to catch up on, and very little time. :(

don't get me started with 1CC *sigh* Although you can play through one of these games in half an hour, really playing through one (aka 1CC) takes so freaking much time and practice. And that's just normal mode... My record is getting to somewhere before the mid boss in stage 5 in Futari, and in Deathsmiles i was about 2 milimeters away from 1CCing it arghhh

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #1630 on: March 21, 2012, 02:29:06 am »
Yeah, I don't want to spoil others if they don't want to know. Are you playing it by any chance, though? Vanguards are awesome. For a while.
I'm probably getting it (after finishing a preorder for Max Payne 3 and getting Neptunia MK2). Saw strategy guides for it on sale, though. Made me think that it was already out.

Edit: Started up another Oregon Trail IM@S playthrough.

Takane drowned, Makoto died from the measles, Hibiki died from dysentery, Yukiho got exhausted from seeing everyone die and died, and Producer #2 died of typhoid.

You should start a file with 961. You may find the output to be more desirable. Muahahaha...JK

chikorita157

• わたし、気になります!
    • View Profile
    • Chikorita157's Anime Blog
« Reply #1631 on: March 21, 2012, 03:19:16 am »

Next is Ryuuguu Komachi + Mami. 80% sure they're not gonna get to Oregon, either.

And just as a reminder...

Ahhh, it reminds me of the good old days when I played that game on the really old Macintosh computers... Should really try it out one of these weekends for the lolz.

Edit: did one as I booted up my Power Mac G3, which had an older copy of the game... and here is the results...

Disclaimer: No members from 961 Pro were harmed in this parody of Oregon Trail.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 04:15:21 am by chikorita157 »

Cien Laguoire

« Reply #1632 on: March 21, 2012, 01:52:33 pm »
Disclaimer: No members from 961 Pro were harmed in this parody of Oregon Trail.
What a shame. :<
I got a new Xbox and picked up Forza 4. So far so good. Really wish I had my wheel, though.

GangXia

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: March 21, 2012, 01:58:00 pm »
I can download Oregon Trail where? :3

Been doing a little grinding in Pangya. Trying to sell my rare glasses but no luck so far.

Scotty

• 961Pro President
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • Kuroi Shachou
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: March 21, 2012, 02:16:31 pm »
Finished ME3.

Terrible.

Moving on to some portable games. Don't know what. Waiting for Kid Icarus. Might get around to getting some DLC for Rhythm Party. I'm a glutton for punishment.