Username: Password:

Author Topic: Games, Games, GAMES!! (Besides iDOLM@STER, of course XD)  (Read 426627 times)

blake307

• Producer
    • View Profile
Re: Games, Games, GAMES!! (Besides iDOLM@STER, of course XD)
« Reply #1575 on: March 03, 2012, 05:48:39 am »
What I meant from it feels different from the other MGS games was the fact that you find yourself managing your men and that you weren't solo this time around. The stealth aspect of it was still there and still very effective even in this game.

Anyway, I have been playing Hyperdimension Neptunia MK2 and have really been enjoying it so far.

Mind M@ster

• Producer
  • Hibiki 4 me ♥
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #1576 on: March 04, 2012, 03:06:20 am »
You know what doesn't feel like MGS?  That new "Revengeance" ... whatever the heck that's supposed to be.
So ... they traded in stealth for a slash 'em up?  Is this supposed to make us like Raiden as a badass?
If you actually researched into everything about  Revengeance, then you'd know that it's supposed to be different. And that originally it was meant to be a hack and slash anyways, and that Kojima wasn't even going to work on the project, but now he is.

But MGS5 is what I'm really looking forward to finding out more of.

nublet765

• Apprentice
  • Reporting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: March 04, 2012, 03:58:05 am »
If you actually researched into everything about  Revengeance, then you'd know that it's supposed to be different. And that originally it was meant to be a hack and slash anyways, and that Kojima wasn't even going to work on the project, but now he is.

But MGS5 is what I'm really looking forward to finding out more of.

I know it's different.  Doesn't mean I have to like it :P
Agreed - waiting on details on MGS 5
Must learn Japanese one of these days ... T_T
Concert Challenge - http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1599.0.html

GangXia

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: March 04, 2012, 04:54:55 am »
Sauntered to Island 7 in Touhoumon. Accidentally stepped in front of an Aroma Lady and... Battle! With a lv90 Ex Medicine! FFFUUUUUUUU

I managed to win, thankfully.

TaKai

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: March 04, 2012, 03:12:36 pm »
Been playing Battlefield 3 recently. I'm still amazed at how badly the writers botched the single-player mode.
On the other hand, I managed to get C4, Claymores, Anti-Tank mines, Stinger Missile Launcher, Mortar Emplacement, and Explosives specialization. You can probably see where this is going.

SakuraMaxX

• Producer
  • (/・Д・)/NO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: March 04, 2012, 04:13:29 pm »
TaKai, which system do you play on?  If you play on Xbox, hit me up and we should play sometime (Antares Zwei).  Maybe if I can get the cash together to get a new i5 for my PC, I could play the PC version too..

TaKai

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: March 04, 2012, 05:22:05 pm »
I'm on the Xbox. Gamertag is Sum Ghai.

JNiles

• Producer
  • Gimme a hug
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: March 04, 2012, 06:05:37 pm »
Started Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2.  This game is brutal...

Cael K.

• Producer
  • Dark Slayer Style!
    • View Profile
    • Memories of Melon Pan
« Reply #1583 on: March 04, 2012, 08:51:15 pm »

You just made me interested in this game.

Actually, MegaTen was one of those series I've kinda wanted to get into, but never did. Having a monstrous stack of games to play probably has something to do with that. ^^

... Never mind the fact that most RPGs I play end up with the play time counter either capped, or in triple digits...
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 08:53:55 pm by Cael K. »
Cael's Im@s Ranking: Azusa, Yumeko, Tomomi, Haruka

How to get stuff from Japan without causing things to explode in a shower of sparks and misery: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1108.0.html

Memories of Melon Pan: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/
Translations: http://www.mediafire.com/?hzc4b0jy7pwll

Currently translating (text only):
S(mile)ING! (English version, singable) - http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/20140911/1410422445
Neue Green, Volume 3 - Will start sometime. ^_^;;
Rockin' Girl, Volume 1 (Chapters 1-5) - http://www.mediafire.com/?z00ffkvg5ocg11e

JNiles

• Producer
  • Gimme a hug
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: March 05, 2012, 07:17:15 am »
A good portion of my backlog _is_ SMT.  I've got a bunch of the older games, the 2 Devil Summoner games with Raidou Kuzunoha (Taisho-era detective with demons), and I recently picked up the infamous Nocturne.  And that's not counting all the Persona spinoffs, with more on the way.

Devil Survivor is the baby of the series... a big mean baby that barfs all over you.  It's set in the present day, so social media and communication plays a big role.  In the latest game, you summon demons with your phone (in the previous game, it was DS-lookalikes  ;D), buy them at auctions (D-Bay?), and watch video clips of your friends getting killed- before it happens.  The game's a bit stripped down since it's on a handheld, but it holds up pretty well.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: March 05, 2012, 09:22:55 am »

what do you mean by brutal? the difficulty?

i'v got it at home, but still finishing Persona 3 Portable first. I played through Devil Survivor 1 several times to get all endings.

Btw the Persona games are also set in the present.

JNiles

• Producer
  • Gimme a hug
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: March 05, 2012, 02:29:25 pm »
Yep, it's difficult.  There are more support options this time around, but the game is less predictable so it plays harder.

Since you've already played the first game and some Persona (which seems to be on the easy side), the differences should be clear.  You have to buy demons, whereas you get showered with them after every battle in Persona.  Having left and right flanking demons for every character should make the game easier... except it opens up more combos for the center character to get ganged up on. -_-  It's grid-based, so a lot of effort is expended just running to the target or innocent bystander.  You can battle as many times as you want, but the xp curve eventually slows to a trickle.

They added a compendium for the second game, but it's expensive... ALLYOYENS yip yip yap.

Oh yeah, the boss designer for the sequel did Angel design for Evangelion- there's a "what???" feeling every time a boss falls out of the sky.

I liked P3P a lot too- the female side has some of the funniest social link events.  Messed up the links like I always do, haven't finished my second playthrough.

edit: Persona's present now feels a bit dated compared to our present.  Heck, the focal point of communal interest in P4 was TV.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 02:54:04 pm by JNiles »

chikorita157

• わたし、気になります!
    • View Profile
    • Chikorita157's Anime Blog
« Reply #1587 on: March 08, 2012, 12:42:49 am »
Yeah, I got really angry as shown here (Original Article Here)

I never heard about Phil Fish, but he is a big jerk that thinks that all Japanese Games are f***ing horrible... The sad fact is, he is very ignorant and hypocritical since it took him 5 years to make a 2D game. He has no right to say it, especially the same can be said about western games.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 12:45:28 am by chikorita157 »

blake307

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: March 08, 2012, 01:41:48 am »
Yeah, I got really angry as shown here (Original Article Here)

I never heard about Phil Fish, but he is a big jerk that thinks that all Japanese Games are f***ing horrible... The sad fact is, he is very ignorant and hypocritical since it took him 5 years to make a 2D game. He has no right to say it, especially the same can be said about western games.

I know it's his own opinion but I thought it was really stupid the way he said it too. Because the way he kind of said it was that he thinks that every single Japanese game out there is terrible. While there may be some Japanese games out there that are pretty crappy, there is still a lot of good Japanese games out there still in my opinion. Examples: Yakuza Series, Disgaea series, Ninja Gaiden, Catherine, im@s (Duh!) Blazblue, Arcana Heart, etc.

Plus I can name quite a few Western games out there that are other crap as well. Examples: Duke Nukem Forever, Brink, etc. Although I never played these games, I can tell they are pretty crap.

On topic: I got the normal ending for MK2 earlier, but I am going to attempt to get the other endings later as well.

chikorita157

• わたし、気になります!
    • View Profile
    • Chikorita157's Anime Blog
« Reply #1589 on: March 08, 2012, 02:01:51 am »
I know it's his own opinion but I thought it was really stupid the way he said it too. Because the way he kind of said it was that he thinks that every single Japanese game out there is terrible. While there may be some Japanese games out there that are pretty crappy, there is still a lot of good Japanese games out there still in my opinion. Examples: Yakuza Series, Disgaea series, Ninja Gaiden, Catherine, im@s (Duh!) Blazblue, Arcana Heart, etc.

Plus I can name quite a few Western games out there that are other crap as well. Examples: Duke Nukem Forever, Brink, etc. Although I never played these games, I can tell they are pretty crap.

He also assumed that Japanese must satisfy westerner's taste... No they don't because we aren't their audience. I have mentioned this back in my editorial I wrote last week with the culture difference with the statement that "Japanese Anime is made for a Japanese Audience." Therefore, using the argument that this game isn't westernized enough or doesn't contain enough western elements isn't valid. It's just like saying that western games sucks because they don't have cute anime style girls. It makes no sense.

Not only that, his statement is flawed that not everything is horrible. Sturgeon's Law always applies to everything no matter where the game is made and its subjective. The problem with Western Gaming in my opinion is that there is too many rehashes of FPS and mobile games don't provide any experience as it's too dumbed down. I can actually go on with this, but rather not since I'll burn my self out and be filled with negativity, which is not a good feeling.

Aside from that, I can't wait for Spring Break, so I can start playing some more games... and record the iM@S 2 Let's Play.