Username: Password:

Author Topic: Games, Games, GAMES!! (Besides iDOLM@STER, of course XD)  (Read 386277 times)

Sam

• HOLD IT!! ... You just lost the game
    • View Profile
Re: Games, Games, GAMES!! (Besides iDOLM@STER, of course XD)
« Reply #555 on: August 26, 2010, 06:20:44 am »
Just stop playing for three days and you'll be cured. I lost interest in playing anything in Facebook (Ninja Saga in particular) that way. XD >.>
Farmville... o_o
FARMVILLE... O_O
OH THE MEMORIES.

The last game I played was, shamefully, Mario Party 4 because of being offline recently and deciding to turn on some Gamecube games at random.

"My past is like my logic, straight and true. Nothing's changed. All I did was point the finger of justice in the proper direction." - Phoenix Wright (Gyakuen Saiban 4)

Cien Laguoire

« Reply #556 on: August 31, 2010, 05:53:39 am »
I rented Mafia 2 and Metroid: Other M the other day.

After finishing Mafia 2, I must say I really enjoyed it. I managed a hard difficulty playthrough, and it put up a good challenge in most cases. In other cases, it was a tad overkill... and poor checkpoint placement make it frustrating to do entire sections over again. But I really liked it overall; it had a very good story, though the ending is a bit of a disappointment. However the part where you and Joe go to kill Tommy Angelo, reenacting the ending of the first game more than makes up for it.

I'm a fair ways into Other M, and I'm having a blast with it. The writing can be a bit long-winded at times, and some of the voicework is stilted, but it's an interesting change for the Metroid franchise, and a pretty good attempt at making Samus more of a character rather than another Nintendo "mascot", as some would say. Controls are great, even if it's single remote only. The game puts up a good, fair challenge; the difficulty isn't impossible like Ninja Gaiden, but if you get hit by the larger creatures and bosses, you're gonna get a sizable chunk taken out of your health. My only real gripes with the gameplay is that you can only shoot missiles in the first-person view, which can make for some hairy situations if you need to shoot a missle quickly, and that your exploration is rather limited, but you can still backtrack for some of the upgrades. Overall, I'm very pleased with this game, f**k the haters. To be honest, if Metroid didn't go in the direction of the Prime games, I think you'd get a quite a few of gameplay features from this game. For some reason, it feels like old-school Metroid at times, and I rather like it. Other M is excellent, but it's very hard to follow up the Prime series, which I'm sure is why some people are put off by it. Others may be put off by the heavy use of a storyline told through characters. But hey, don't knock it until you try it. :)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 09:42:04 pm by Cien Laguoire »

Kyo

• Perverted Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: August 31, 2010, 07:12:39 am »
Playing through Ace Combat Joint Assault (JA). IMO, it's something of a disappointment after all the hype and buildup.

Tedious and cheap gameplay, boring story and background, forgettable characters, the list goes on.

The only interesting bit is the various music tracks from AC2 scattered throughout the game. Brings back good memories.

You know those huge flying carriers like the Aigaion, Gleipnir, Arkbird and all the others? Here you have to do it over and over again (I think there were 6 such bosses in the game, I lost count out of boredom), with regenerating AAAs and SAMs firing at you. Also, the number of one-shot enemy superweapons the enemy uses against you is unreal.

Also, the final enemy superaircraft is so cheap it makes the Nosferatu and the Night Raven look like toys.

Oh well, at least Valkyria Chronicles 2 comes out this week.

This line in my signature will be removed when Idolmaster Xenoglossia is included in Super Robot Wars

mastersteve89

• Project-IM@S's local assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: August 31, 2010, 08:06:47 am »
I went back Left 4 Dead after a year to see how fun it was. :)

All I did was remind myself how much I suck at this game. :(

Props to marx for the sig.

Sam

• HOLD IT!! ... You just lost the game
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: August 31, 2010, 05:00:34 pm »
All I did was remind myself how much I suck at this game. :(
Well... From your signature, I'd assume you're a sniper on TF2...
... I don't think sniping works too well against a freaking horde of zombies. >_>

"My past is like my logic, straight and true. Nothing's changed. All I did was point the finger of justice in the proper direction." - Phoenix Wright (Gyakuen Saiban 4)

Scotty

• 961Pro President
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • Kuroi Shachou
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: August 31, 2010, 08:30:27 pm »
Sniping special infected from miles away and having those players rage feels good.

Tenchy

« Reply #561 on: August 31, 2010, 10:41:20 pm »
People raging in any game feels good.

Elixir

• View Profile
« Reply #562 on: September 01, 2010, 09:09:37 am »
Bought practically every single PC-Engine shmup for PS3, I'm only missing Twinbee now.

Apparently Castlevania HD's DLC comes out tomorrow, so I'll be going back to that then.

azuyuki

• Producer
  • ~Can you see my true feelings?~
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: September 02, 2010, 08:32:27 am »
Okay so I played the Scott Pilgrim game at my friend's house, now that's all I want to play!

It was also convenient that my friend had a fightstick on him~

RoninatorMarx

• Producer
  • Break Time---!!
    • View Profile
    • Marx's Blog
« Reply #564 on: September 02, 2010, 02:04:14 pm »
Playing through .hack//G.U. Vol. 3. Recently cleared the Sage Palace Tournament and learned a truth about Sakubo.

......And still shamelessly playing GrandChase to all known extent. Just 6 more near-impossible-to-get items left, and I'd finally have Lass' 4th job.

lisondra22

« Reply #565 on: September 02, 2010, 03:07:49 pm »
Finished End of Eternity.
Playing Tales of Vesperia.
Playing StepMania.
Bought Final Fantasy XIII

Scotty

• 961Pro President
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • Kuroi Shachou
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: September 02, 2010, 07:12:08 pm »
What a great list Lison. I swiftly approve of all of it.

mastersteve89

• Project-IM@S's local assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: September 03, 2010, 02:07:14 am »
Re-playing Fallout 3. I decided to start a collection of pre-war money and teddy bears. Now every time I enter my house, I lag 'cause of the massive avalanche of money and teddies.  :D

I'm also playing Bad Company 2 again. I love flying the helicopters, Ace Combat games have made me do daredevil moves all the time.

One example was when I was flying an Apache in a massive desert map. A guy in another copter was tailing me, and another guy who I hadn't noticed was in a tank lining up his cannon.

I flew close to the ground an pulled up just in time when the tank guy fired, just barely missing me and hitting his friend in the copter. Since you don't get friendly fire, the shell just made the heli spin out of control, which gave a guy on the ground the time to line up an RPG and take it down. :D

Props to marx for the sig.

Sev

• Producer
  • Making a better tommorow tommorow
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: September 04, 2010, 10:44:11 pm »
This story i like nice flying Mastersteve

Like a bird in the sky I believe i can fly

ProjectAria

• Do your work or else!
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: September 05, 2010, 01:20:15 am »
Re-playing Bayonetta for the 360(already beat the PS3 version months ago)
Final Fantasy 14 Beta
3D Dot Game Heroes