Username: Password:

Author Topic: Games, Games, GAMES!! (Besides iDOLM@STER, of course XD)  (Read 334643 times)

Kimiko

• Producer
  • Hi there!
    • View Profile
Re: Games, Games, GAMES!! (Besides iDOLM@STER, of course XD)
« Reply #2640 on: June 22, 2016, 10:31:29 am »

Anyway, I was waiting for that since I saw the first trailer. The first idea was seriously a FE in Japan. And since we got Atlus finger in the middle, maybe we can expect something like multiple endings by controversial choices. xD

#FE is great! A friend of mine got himself the japanese version and I was able to play it when I was at his place. The fighting system is great and the songs too, I realy like the opening, nanjos voice is so great for theme songs xD also after years I finally got to hear tomokazu sugita as chrom (my husbando) again xD I also have the OST. all songs are just great!

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: June 24, 2016, 10:41:16 am »
My shopping cart is currently nearing $200 on the Steam Summer Sale. Send help.
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: June 25, 2016, 08:03:51 am »
Wow.  That's a lot.

My older brother did something similar.  I think there was a Xbox Live sale where he bought a ton of digital games.  I don't know how much money he spent, but it was enough to get a call from his bank making sure someone else didn't steal his card.

Accoun

• View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: July 19, 2016, 04:26:03 am »
So, been playing Morrowind recently. Started half a year ago and dropped after a while (still, it was surprisingly long. I usually drop it after 2-3 hours - this time I played until the Ashlanders). Saw a popular streamer playing it, realized that I never uninstalled the game and returned to it.

So, after a few days of basically continuous playing I slayed Dargoth Ur and... I think I had enough.
Even though this (two-part) playthrough was the first time it kinda clicked with me and I actually had fun, in the later parts I was kinda glad it's nearing the end. Maybe I should have bumped the difficulty up because the combat became too boring and too trivial* (and contrary to the popular opinion about the game, I personally don't mind the dice roll based combat in itself)? Maybe I should have been more creative with spellmaking and enchanting? Dunno, but at the end of it, I didn't even really want to read the ingame books, which I enjoyed before (although now that I think of it, I should probably blame myself for that one, because after returning to the game, I was often playing it while doing something else - like having the already mentioned stream or Evo in the background - and it being deconcentrating even if I wasn't focusing on it).

Maybe I'll leave it on my HDD and come back after some time again, because in the end I never did any Great Houses quests and did most of other factions instead. I have no idea how good they actually are, but I feel kinda guilty for not touching that part of the game.

*Never played enough of the rest of the TES games to confirm, but I think I remember reading similar criticisms about the other games as well.

Yui

• Producer
  • Presenting Pisces Yui!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: July 26, 2016, 03:01:09 pm »
Yey! I just "finished" Fire Emblem Birthright. I just used the same (more or less) "one turn Grima strategy" to finish the last chapter. Now I'll "ship" the characters and complete the support conversations with the children characters. After that, I'll go with Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

Anyway, I think I disliked two things. Not being able to buy DLC neutral path and killing Inigo.

Kimiko

• Producer
  • Hi there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: July 27, 2016, 06:57:17 pm »
Yey! I just "finished" Fire Emblem Birthright. I just used the same (more or less) "one turn Grima strategy" to finish the last chapter. Now I'll "ship" the characters and complete the support conversations with the children characters. After that, I'll go with Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

Anyway, I think I disliked two things. Not being able to buy DLC neutral path and killing Inigo.

If you play conquest inigo livesxD

I played both birthright and conquest and I like the characters in conquest much more than in birthright. especially xander and leo (even though I would love to her japanese leo. mamoru miyano FTW!)

Yui

• Producer
  • Presenting Pisces Yui!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: August 04, 2016, 04:35:27 am »
That's it. I can finally start with SMT X FE. The children are really nice characters in FE Birthright. Shiro, Kisaragi (sorry, still not used with Kiragi. And my Takumi is married with Oboro for obvious reasons. xD ), Asugi, Midori, Sophie, Hisame, etc.

If you play conquest inigo livesxD

I played both birthright and conquest and I like the characters in conquest much more than in birthright. especially xander and leo (even though I would love to her japanese leo. mamoru miyano FTW!)

Well, that part I already know. xD
I still intend to play the Nohrian scum side. They have a lot of nice characters too.

Kimiko

• Producer
  • Hi there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: August 05, 2016, 05:21:18 pm »
That's it. I can finally start with SMT X FE. The children are really nice characters in FE Birthright. Shiro, Kisaragi (sorry, still not used with Kiragi. And my Takumi is married with Oboro for obvious reasons. xD ), Asugi, Midori, Sophie, Hisame, etc.

Well, that part I already know. xD
I still intend to play the Nohrian scum side. They have a lot of nice characters too.

I really love conquest. I played conquest first than birthright and I really almost cried when I was killing of the characters I came to love in conquest. I liked nohr characters more than hoshido xD

Yui

• Producer
  • Presenting Pisces Yui!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: August 07, 2016, 05:16:20 am »
I really love conquest. I played conquest first than birthright and I really almost cried when I was killing of the characters I came to love in conquest. I liked nohr characters more than hoshido xD

I think I would feel the same playing conquest. Or... well, I actually prefer not killing anyone (that's the neutral path I can't get), like some Atlus game. xD

Anyway, I finally started playing Tokyo Mirage Sessions. Man, I really loving that game (maybe "loving" is not exactly enough). They put lots of references. Megaten and Fire Emblem references were obvious, but I didn't expected Vocaloid and Kamen Raider. And there's even that idol stuff and "philosophy" (the "I want to sing to bring smile to people" thing).

By the way...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tQKG8p-1bU

"Onii-chan" again? xD

Nayre

• Haisai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2650 on: August 10, 2016, 12:18:43 am »
Eeey!! Sorry for suddenly butting in after not posting for a while lol, but I just wanna share this here before anyone anywhere else gets a chance to.  Seriously, where's the hype for this game, man? Nuthin' on Neogafs(except maybe this old thread, but I'm not leet enough to post there anyways >_>), Gamefaqs, Reddit... I know I can't be the only one crazy about this!?  ???

So yeah... there's this now in every Round One in the US!!! XDDD

GANSUTO 3!!!!! HECK YEEESSS!!!!!

I luv the new cabs, they're so slick!

They even got the headsets all set up and everything. *0*

Tbh, I wasn't expecting us to get it so soon, since the game just came out in Japan this May after all.  I guess the location testing for GS2 went pretty well...?  It didn't seem that popular in my area tho haha.

The network isn't quite set up yet so we're only limited to the tutorial and mission mode for now.  I talked to one of the tech employees and it seems like they're having a tough time setting up the Nesica system, so online play prolly won't be ready until for at least another week or so.  In a way, this is actually kind of a good thing so that new players can get a chance to learn and "git gud" before online battles hit.  Another thing that will also help is that they translated most of the menus including the tutorial in english AND they lowered the credit cost per play from 8 to 6(from $2.00 to $1.50)!  Imo, they fixed the 2 main reasons why I believed GS2 wasn't gaining much of a following right there.  Hopefully, this will entice more people to play, and more often too.  Heehee, I know I will.  Bring on the epic dogfights!  I'm lady.

Here's the page from the official site with all the current US locations and details:
http://gunslinger-stratos.jp/gs3/information/2016/05/000036.html

Trailer with a rundown of all the new features:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aomk-Wixt1E

And for the heck of it, some actual gameplay of one of the new characters:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmExKyQpREQ

One of the biggest features they added is this new Cross Link thing which is basically like a team EX Burst.  How it works is that once every player on a team has filled up their "Awakening" gauge to at least half(the minimum required to burst), the Cross Link icon appears on the bottom of everyone's screen.  It looks like an octagon split into four pieces.  And the moment one player on the team bursts, one of the pieces light up, indicating someone on the team has awakened.  Then the other 3 players have a few seconds to activate their burst(there's this gauge underneath that shows you how much time is left), lighting up the 3 remaining pieces as well.  Once the whole icon is lit up, there's this split screen animation with everyone yelling "CROSS LINK!" giving every player on the team all the benefits of a normal awakening(speed and power boost, faster reload speed), but with an extended duration PLUS an infinite jump/dash gauge.  I feel like this could be a real game changer, especially late game.  But really, just the idea of a team EX Burst is freaking awesome! XD

Umm gameplay-wise, they've improved on the movement mechanics; it feels better and easier to maneuver around, and it seems they made the jump gauge consumption more efficient(though prolly only for some chars that needed it).  The new stages look awesome, and there's more variety to them.  I can't say enough for the ost, which is amazing as usual and sets the perfect mood and atmosphere before and during the matches.  I fanboy'd so hard when I realized it was ichigo(Kisida Kyoda) in the bgm for the Osaka Castle stage! (here! XD)  Everything's polished up in every way possible, it almost feels like an entirely new game!

As for the new characters, I'm really enjoying Kathy the most.  She's so cute dammit.  She has this kinda "fluffy" feel to her movement, due to her floatiness combined with her fast initial dash velocity.  I really like her creative, versatile arsenal of weapons; her dual paint guns are so fun to use!(doodling whatever you want on the screen and hearing that explosion when it all scatters is so satisfying... Deidara would be proud lol) She's a great char to practice weapon switching on since they compliment each other well.  She also has an annoying anti-melee counter, which when upon blocking an attack, instantly retaliates by unleashing a barrage of paint globs upon the target player's screen, obstructing his/her vision, and it lasts about 10 secs too.  It's wicked.  ;)

Ban, the beastrider kid, is pretty fun also.  He's a quick, all ground-type char with zero air mobility, but he can scale the walls of buildings and such.

Argo is the complete opposite and is airborne most of the time on his hover board.  He's unsurprisingly very difficult to play.  I only played him once so far, but I couldn't get a good grasp on his playstyle; it's like trying to balance on a board on top of a tightrope while trying to shoot around.  I don't recommend this guy to new players, but from what I've seen he's pretty good if you can put in the time(and money) to master him.

Well, that's about it.  Sorry for the rant.  I normally don't have this much to say about a game lol. ^^;  I'm just so hyped!  It's been a long time since I was this excited about a shooter, I never would've thought it'd be in the form of an arcade light gun game. XD  Square Enix/Byking did such a great job with it and everything.  The game is well-balanced and the mechanics are surprisingly deep, enough for it be played at a high level, while still being a fast-paced and chaotic TPS.  Visuals are gorgeous as expected of Square.  And I LOVE the characters!! There's definitely a lot diversity there and you're bound to find a certain char type/playstyle that suits you.  The game itself looks intimidating but it's quite easy to get into, it's just difficult to master.  I got one of my cousins to play it, who's not really into shooters or anything(she's more of a rhythm gamer), and once she got the hang of it, she enjoyed it so much that she kept wanting to play again afterwards lol.  So yeah, if anyone's near a Round One or if you ever find yourself in the area of one, go check it out!  Let's get a english fanbase going! XD

I need me some more Ryn fanart rofl. >.>

Edit:
@Cael - Ahaha, srry the super late reply, senpai!  But thanks for that translation! Found out how to do it.  ;D
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 12:34:25 am by Nayre »

DawnHibiki

• Apprentice
  • Dog Lover & Idol
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2651 on: August 29, 2016, 03:46:22 pm »
I've been playing games like Doom series, Gradius III, and Parodius series .  I played one of the Doom mods that's called Doom 4 Doom, which is great for non-high tech computers.

https://youtu.be/M7_HSEJlkkM
"Would that you might see fit to grant the honor of your guidance to one yet so inexperienced as myself. Know that our cooperation is anticipated with pleasure." - Takane Shijou

Yui

• Producer
  • Presenting Pisces Yui!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: September 02, 2016, 05:46:11 am »
Well, I just finished Tokyo Mirage Sessions. I kinda surprised about... there was no controversial stuff. Anyway, it was a pleasure to have Sugita-san and one of the Muses, Yoshino Nanjo, in the cast. And of course, I loved playing that game.
I think I take a break with games for now. I focusing on mangas.

Yui

• Producer
  • Presenting Pisces Yui!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: October 27, 2016, 04:32:01 pm »
Well... Nintendo Switch announced for next year, in march. Sort of early, I think.

As for games, I just started playing Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest. (I'm a nohrian scum now.) Man, it is as hard as people stated.
I somehow managed to find Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson after one year looking for it. Talk about luck.
And now there's even Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 with the first game too. I plan on buying it since it's an interesting game and I haven't the opportunity to play.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: October 27, 2016, 04:53:37 pm »
I'm currently playing Atelier Sophie. It's really strange that there is no time limit at all, the previous 6 games have made me paranoid. i always feel guilty when i keep going to the same area repeatedly, sync "useless" items or don't talk with everyone every time i see them to avoid missing events...

And i'm looking to sell my current PS4 since i'd like to upgrade to a Pro when it comes out to make use of my 4K TV.