Username: Password:

Author Topic: Change of look !  (Read 11307 times)

RoninatorMarx

• Producer
  • Break Time---!!
    • View Profile
    • Marx's Blog
Re: Change of look !
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2009, 11:23:55 am »
Get this ball rolling again now.  Here's something I made:

It'd require emptying that banner out of everything though.  Maybe just move the login text above the banner since there seems to be enough space for it up there.  If blue is mandatory colors use the blue one, green would be a wiser choice but the forum colors would need to change.

It's not bad. I like it. But Yuna already defined the limits of possible logo placeholders in SMF, so, yeah. The size is the only factor why it might get rejected. Sorry.

Cien Laguoire

« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2009, 06:15:41 pm »
I'm not sure how size can be an issue. But I think the banner looks perfect, in my humble opinion. I'd say the blue version is the one likely to be used, and I actually do prefer that color.

digi162

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2009, 06:42:54 pm »
Those aren't the actual size of the images, they're larger than that.  Also want to say requirements aren't exactly clear either to me, "640x100 to fill the space" I assume that means a banner of that size to fill all that out on top.  These images are 640x100 each in Illustrator, I'd have to highlight one and export it so it comes out to that size.

The only problem I mentioned before is all the stuff already up there would need to be removed/moved.  Honestly though, The news bit could be left blank since it hasn't changed, the P-IM@S logo is so small it's hard to read out the subtext, and login/messages etc. are already handled by the black menu.  Plus is time/date really necessary?

I'm heavily going to push anything right now because it's been the same for months and I'd like to see some change ASAP.
MCDONALDS x YAYOI FANFIC PLZ

Yunabeco

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Chihaya appreciator.
    • View Profile
    • Project-iM@S
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2009, 10:43:42 pm »
Well, about everything can be changed; the examples I posted earlier were basically me tweaking around with the style's CSS to see which sizes and placement would fit neatly without tweaking the theme itself to remove anything up there: the 640x100 banner doesn't need any removal (just pushing the news).

Obviously, you can use transparency if needed. Changing the theme's color is possible but requires me to mess with the tints (and I don't know how to do that too well).

Anyway, nice to have you back. :D

digi162

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2009, 12:54:58 am »
Well here's the blue one in 640x100.  Working on trying to get it into JPG but it keeps adding an extra line of pixels for some reason making it 641x101.

h4ataraxia

« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2009, 09:12:06 am »
if possible to make it so that the background doesnt change after flipping through threads as well as move with the screen when the page scrolls down unlike making it like tiles, i can make a background to fit the dimensions as well as the proportions of the center of the page.

what would be the image dimensions for the background? as well as the banners such as "community" "important stuff" and "info center" ?

RoninatorMarx

• Producer
  • Break Time---!!
    • View Profile
    • Marx's Blog
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2009, 09:44:57 am »
Well, about everything can be changed; the examples I posted earlier were basically me tweaking around with the style's CSS to see which sizes and placement would fit neatly without tweaking the theme itself to remove anything up there: the 640x100 banner doesn't need any removal (just pushing the news).

So, no size limits or?

h4ataraxia

« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2009, 10:11:42 am »
So, no size limits or?

probably not, the way i read it maybe 640x100 is the max? and smaller ones are accepted?

just need to make sure that its the general size limit

Yunabeco

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Chihaya appreciator.
    • View Profile
    • Project-iM@S
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2009, 11:48:08 pm »
Copypastan, the banner is 640x100 only if I keep the things (links and stuff) on the right.

That's for a general banner. Now if you want to remove the whole top of the page, including the "Welcome back, me!", news, message links, recent posts, and replace it with a single banner, I'm not sure what would fit. Probably something like 800x115, but I'm not totally sure.

I'd rather keep a general banner (640x100 or less), but after this it's all a matter of opinion; I don't know who uses the links on the right.

I'll put digi162's banner for now. Thanks.

EDIT: Done. Reload without cache (Ctrl+F5 in Firefox). Added a border because the picture doesn't blend with the background, but I can kick it out if you want.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 12:01:12 am by Yunabeco »

Azem4144

• Producer
  • カノンノ・イアハートは、世界一いいいい!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2009, 12:17:11 am »
The banner looks great. :D

ハッピーバスデイなの!

digi162

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2009, 12:24:25 am »
Thanks for using that.  If anyone comes up with anything better please post xD

At least now it makes sense visually what something will look like up there.  If we can get some idol specific ones for birthdays and stuff we will be rollin dawg  8)

Cien Laguoire

« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2009, 01:48:24 am »
The banner looks quite nice up there. :)

Taco mentioned to me that we could put the Puchimas campaign banners on the gray areas on the sides of the website.
http://dol.dengeki.com/sp/idolmaster/petitmas/banner/150_01.jpg
http://dol.dengeki.com/sp/idolmaster/petitmas/banner/150_02.jpg

Scotty

• 961Pro President
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • Kuroi Shachou
    • View Profile
    • G+ iDOLM@STER Community
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2009, 01:59:57 am »
Ew. No. I mean, for the whole publicity and all that sure, but the colors wont match....everything would look like a mess....ugh.

Cien Laguoire

« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2009, 02:14:51 am »
Yea, on second thought, probably not.
But I do think a change of background would be nice. :x

Scotty

• 961Pro President
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • Kuroi Shachou
    • View Profile
    • G+ iDOLM@STER Community