Username: Password:

Author Topic: Change of look !  (Read 9560 times)

Kaminos

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Project-Imas
Change of look !
« on: September 05, 2009, 01:36:15 am »
Hey.

In this topic, please give me your ideas about how we can make this board prettier.

Make some themes, banners, whatever, or simply give me your ideas =) Please, let's make this board a site everyone here want to browse !  :)

RoninatorMarx

• Producer
  • Break Time---!!
    • View Profile
    • Marx's Blog
Changes Idea Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 04:00:43 am »
Because regular members can't post on this topic, I decided to start this one so anyone can post. If an admin can see this, may the problem I found above be taken action with.

Long story short...

Quote from: Kaminos
Hey.

In this topic, please give me your ideas about how we can make this board prettier.

Make some themes, banners, whatever, or simply give me your ideas =) Please, let's make this board a site everyone here want to browse !  :)

In any case, I will start. My cards for now:

Renaming of the "Other iM@S Games forum- Like Harrason once said, it's basically just iM@S DS. An alternative is that the board for specific games be split, one for DS, and another for 'others'.
Graphics Section- A lot of guys here started threads on the Chit-Chat section just to put their GFX works, myself included. It'll be nice if they have a personal section for their work.

EDIT: I would like to make banners (ugh...XD) If I may. I just need the size requirements of the banner.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 04:03:24 am by MarxMayhem »

Cien Laguoire

Re: Changes Idea Thread
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 04:20:34 am »
Well, I don't see a problem with renaming "Other Im@s Games" or separating the Second Vision stuff into a new section.

I don't really think it's a good idea for a standalone Graphics section, though. If it's Im@s related, one could make one in the Community Works section, or otherwise it could be put into General Chatter.

Other than that, I don't really have much else to say... all my other main concerns before were fixed, so yea, awesome changes. Hope to see some good themes made for the site soon. :)

Scotty

• 961Pro President
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • Kuroi Shachou
    • View Profile
    • G+ iDOLM@STER Community
Re: Change of look !
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2009, 04:24:19 am »
Topic has been moved and merged. You may now discuss about the overall visual look of the forum.

RoninatorMarx

• Producer
  • Break Time---!!
    • View Profile
    • Marx's Blog
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2009, 04:25:59 am »
Off-topic: May I ask why is this in Community Works? Because this is just basically throwing of ideas around.

Scotty

• 961Pro President
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • Kuroi Shachou
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2009, 04:27:40 am »
This is a community project to change the look of the forum. This place can serve as a canvas where the community may post and submit their artwork for their ideal look for the site.

Silver

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2009, 04:32:59 am »
Basically, the Community is working on making it better.

Er... I'm all for the idea of giving iM@S DS a separate section, since the other games all have their own areas. I also kinda miss that Birthday banner thing the old board had for all the idols... I was looking forward to Makoto's for so long. ;_; Dunno if it's possible to bring that back with this board style though, can't say I'm overly familiar with it.

Scotty

• 961Pro President
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • Kuroi Shachou
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2009, 04:42:55 am »
It can be done. Only this time, the members will have to contribute a lot more.

Cien Laguoire

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2009, 04:43:41 am »
Yea, I was bummed out after working on Azusa's banner for her birthday, only to have the site crash and burn during that time. I would have tried to make a Makoto banner, but I still wasn't sure if it was possible to put it up on this board style.

So, what is the recommended size for a banner here? I'm sure that there are some people here wanting to take a crack at some of their own banners.

nyachan

• Resident Photoshop Monkey
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Re: Changes Idea Thread
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2009, 04:46:54 am »
The renaming of the "other games" section seems to be agreed on by just about everyone else, and I agree on it as well. :3

On the graphics section, maybe change from being a "only iM@S" graphics/fanwork section, turn it to a general fanworks section? I know that my graphic stuff overlaps between iM@S and other fandoms, and I'd hate to have TWO topics about them.

And I'd also be willing to help with banner making and redesigning. :D

Scotty

• 961Pro President
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • Kuroi Shachou
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2009, 04:51:09 am »
Specifications regarding banner dimensions and the like will be given soon by Kaminos.

Please discuss overall visual look and improvements to the aesthetic look of the forum. A graphics section for iM@S can be done in this section. I encourage that you all pitch in and make one topic regarding that, and another graphics topic for anything else in general chatter.

Sev

• Producer
  • Making a better tommorow tommorow
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2009, 05:03:17 am »
hey Scotty what do you mean by graphics srry its kind of a dumb question im just a little confused

and i would like to make banners just give some pics and dimmensions. i'll make a Project Im@s background too
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 05:10:41 am by Sev »

Like a bird in the sky I believe i can fly

h4ataraxia

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2009, 05:09:50 am »
i was thinking maybe make the main menu similar to the im@s main menu when you decide what to do for the day?
i'll submit a screenshot later as an example.

Suki Daisuki

• Bang ♥ Lazy Resident of P-imas
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2009, 05:13:50 am »
How about renaming the ranking system for IM@S.
Also a music playlist that contain im@s songs if possible.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 05:24:08 am by Suki Daisuki »
To relax and do nothing is the greatest luxury:)

I bite =3
               ♥

Scotty

• 961Pro President
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • Kuroi Shachou
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2009, 05:22:30 am »
The Karma system was removed for a reason. There won't be a system where one member is praised higher than another, it's foolish and troublesome. No ranks.

@Sev: Oh, they were just talking about custom signatures and avatars and all that stuff.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 05:25:49 am by Scotty »