Username: Password:

Author Topic: Are preservation efforts being made for PlayStation Network content?  (Read 694 times)

JomSpoons

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
Hey there everyone, I came to ask and see if anyone here has been working to preserve any iDOLM@STER content that is exclusive to PlayStation Network, specifically for the PS3, PSP, and Vita. For those who may not know already, Sony will be shutting down older storefronts starting July 2nd 2021. It's important that iM@S content from these stores be preserved and kept from becoming lost media. NoPayStation is the most notable project for preserving PlayStation Network content right now, so I recommend you help contribute whatever iM@S content you can, it'll help if we all work together. Thank you all.

Note: Apologies if this falls under the "No Piracy" rule. I avoided posting any downloads and felt this was an important thing to bring up. Feel free to remove this post if it breaks the rules.

EDIT: Well, good news I suppose! The PS3 and Vita stores are not getting shut down after all. However, the PSP content will still be taken down July 2nd, so that'll still need to be archived soon. We should still take this opportunity to preserve everything while we still have the chance.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 07:20:48 pm by JomSpoons »

Hime Idol

• Ohimechin is life!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
Re: Are preservation efforts being made for PlayStation Network content?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2021, 09:46:35 pm »
Hey there everyone, I came to ask and see if anyone here has been working to preserve any iDOLM@STER content that is exclusive to PlayStation Network, specifically for the PS3, PSP, and Vita. For those who may not know already, Sony will be shutting down older storefronts starting July 2nd 2021. It's important that iM@S content from these stores be preserved and kept from becoming lost media. NoPayStation is the most notable project for preserving PlayStation Network content right now, so I recommend you help contribute whatever iM@S content you can, it'll help if we all work together. Thank you all.

Note: Apologies if this falls under the "No Piracy" rule. I avoided posting any downloads and felt this was an important thing to bring up. Feel free to remove this post if it breaks the rules.

EDIT: Well, good news I suppose! The PS3 and Vita stores are not getting shut down after all. However, the PSP content will still be taken down July 2nd, so that'll still need to be archived soon. We should still take this opportunity to preserve everything while we still have the chance.

PS3 and Vita are now not shutting down.

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/04/19/playstation-store-on-ps3-and-ps-vita-will-continue-operations/
I'd appreciate any help anyone has to offer. The games and DLCs are very expensive and I'd really appreciate whatever you guys can send. My PayPal.Me link: paypal.me/HimeIdol