Username: Password:

Author Topic: Kotori Otonashi - Shy desk clerk  (Read 32975 times)

BT2

• Producer
  • ξ*'ω')ξ にょわー☆
    • View Profile
Re: Kotori Otonashi - Shy desk clerk
« Reply #75 on: January 19, 2010, 03:20:04 pm »
There's no canonical story in iM@S, also said link's the ending one'd get if one cleared story mode with all 9 idols.

That aside, here's some vague Kotori-related theory rambling I've been thinking about.

So in short, the SP ending'd be( I know you could read it in above mentioned link, but I'm stating it again in order to work everything out)
There once were 2 producers, Takagi and Kuroi, they were fairly known.
The one called Takagi produced an idol, but at the peak of her carreer she dissapeared.
Kuroi left in rage when he saw the succes of Takagi and 'started' his own agency.

The Kuroi started his own agency part would be hard seeing as how 961Pro was founded in 1955 according to the official agency page, same as 765Pro.
Unless he changed the name of the agency somewhere along the lines, one'd think that 961Pro's originally run by one of Kuroi's relatives, Kuroi does act like a rich guy and the agency has tons of money, so he might've joined another agency to learn about the limits of his own skills.
Takagi probably worked himself to the top of 765Pro.

Takagi mentions about the idol he produced and her songs 'Hana' and 'Sora' and about his idol leaving him and Kuroi quitting.
This opens up a few possible scenarios, I'd personally go with my 2nd one.
*Takagi didn't meant to but he might've touched his idol appropriately during lessons and choose his words poorly, thus the idol left and Kuroi might actually be correct about the sexual harassing part of 765Pro.
*Takagi didn't meant to but he made his idol a mental wreck by putting too much stress on her, too many lessons, auditions etc. with his believes that they're both working on the same dream, something along the lines of what happened in the iM@S Relations manga.
The iM@S games restricts your jobs to 1 a week, so something like that can't happen to our Producer character.

The idol left and Takagi was broken and left with guilty feelings.
Some time later Takagi joined 765Pro and worked himself to the top and the same idol that left Takagi some time ago joined 765Pro as a clerk and somewhere along the lines Takagi decided that he might've been wrong and decided to make the workplace a more relaxed and carefree place, because there seems to be something wrong with the girl.
The guy does remind you all the time that he likes seeing the Producer getting along with his idol and you can also work on an idol one day a week.

*Insert conspiracy theories*
Some time after leaving Takagi, Kotori joined 765Pro.
In Master Artist Finale track 2 Kotori recieved a package from an unknown sender, it contained the karaoke track of 'Sora' complete with the lyrics, but she doesn't seem to know the song...
After the song, track 4, Kotori said that she really liked the song, that it feels farmilliar and that she seems to remember something but shrugged it off.
Also can one really sing a song perfectly after hearing the karaoke track partly once?
This might imply that she either has amnesia or that she locked away some of her memories in order to work with Takagi again.
Also, in many dramas one can learn that Kotori has great difficulties singing in front of others( she might just be shy but  this might imply some sort of trauma) but when the stage heats up/ the other 765Pro idols're really enjoying themselves she wants to sing in front of large audiences, this might imply some feelings of lingering attachments to being on stage.
Takagi seems to have a softspot with/ seems to be particularly easygoing with Kotori, he doesn't really seem to mind whenever she wants (to do) something, perhaps this might have something to do with the feelings of guilt he has lingering.

Image and character songs don't neceserilly have a connection with an idol, but 'Sora' and 'Hana' have some interesting points of interest.
The song 'Sora' is basically about freedom and might imply her feelings of wanting to be free of her stress, her idol work, 'Hana' is about being weak and small, reaching ones dreams and becoming the foundation for others.
The OL Kotori works in a carefree workingspace and she nourishes the growth of the next generation, this might be the perfect occupation for Kotori...

Sev

• Producer
  • Making a better tommorow tommorow
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 19, 2010, 06:51:30 pm »
interesting analysis. Your theory is very much plausible.

Like a bird in the sky I believe i can fly

satty

• Producer
  • Haha, time for best Tank Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 20, 2010, 03:24:17 am »
As Sev said, very interesting indeed.
--Under Construction---

Tokome

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 20, 2010, 05:45:02 am »
Wow, that sounds almost real. Namco needs to have a game where you find out about Kotori's past. And maybe Mai (But that might be R18+ >.>). Could be a great addition to the 2nd Vision series! x]

mastersteve89

• Project-IM@S's local assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 25, 2010, 06:32:53 am »
Looks like letting her thread go dead caused Kotori to go into depression.... :-\

Props to marx for the sig.

Elixir

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 25, 2010, 12:53:23 pm »
That's not depression, she's just... drunk.

satty

• Producer
  • Haha, time for best Tank Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 25, 2010, 07:27:17 pm »
Good heavens! She's drunk to cover up depression.  :(
--Under Construction---

Haldo

• ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 27, 2010, 01:50:03 am »
doesn't "Kotori Otonashi" mean something like "soundless little bird"? That's sad  :(
Yattaaaa! The forum is back!!!

Tenchy

« Reply #83 on: July 27, 2010, 02:03:29 am »
At least i still love Kotori The best secretary of 765 Production How can you not love this woman?

Tenchy

« Reply #84 on: August 08, 2010, 07:34:18 pm »

"I finally invent something that works!"

OverlordIX

• TermiRaisha - Systems Online.
    • View Profile
    • Silent Stronghold
« Reply #85 on: August 09, 2010, 03:57:39 am »
They dont need roads where their going!

When 5 Muppets come together, you get one heck of a gaming team!

Sam

• HOLD IT!! ... You just lost the game
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 28, 2010, 07:07:26 am »
I don't get how Kotori fits into that. o_o

"My past is like my logic, straight and true. Nothing's changed. All I did was point the finger of justice in the proper direction." - Phoenix Wright (Gyakuen Saiban 4)

Cael K.

• Producer
  • Dark Slayer Style!
    • View Profile
    • Memories of Melon Pan
« Reply #87 on: September 08, 2010, 08:27:03 pm »
Oh hey, it's Kotori's birthday! Happy birthday, Piyo-chan!
Cael's Im@s Ranking: Azusa, Yumeko, Tomomi, Haruka

How to get stuff from Japan without causing things to explode in a shower of sparks and misery: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1108.0.html

Memories of Melon Pan: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/
Translations: http://www.mediafire.com/?hzc4b0jy7pwll

Currently translating (text only):
S(mile)ING! (English version, singable) - http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/20140911/1410422445
Neue Green, Volume 3 - Will start sometime. ^_^;;
Rockin' Girl, Volume 1 (Chapters 1-5) - http://www.mediafire.com/?z00ffkvg5ocg11e

blake307

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 08, 2010, 08:29:09 pm »
Oh, I almost forgot! Happy Birthday Kotori!  :)

TweenDoriru

• Producer
  • inactive like crazy
    • View Profile
    • sometimes drawing stuff
« Reply #89 on: September 08, 2010, 11:24:56 pm »
Aww, Kuroi gets a birthday banner on the official site and Kotori doesn't? :(

お誕生日おめでとうございます小鳥! A very happy birthday to our reliable Kotori~

the closest thing to her piyo-chan yellow is beige and you can't see it on the default forum-color :x