Username: Password:

Author Topic: Why is the forum so dead?  (Read 101 times)

EmperorLiuBei

• Greenhorn
  • Mostly Unactive [Requester/Poster]
    • View Profile
Why is the forum so dead?
« on: April 16, 2019, 11:08:25 am »
I was just curious how quiet the forum is and how few posts are being made.

The stats seem to show that this place was rocking back in 2014 and 2015.

Total posts in 2014: 7276
                    2015: 7464

But posts keep dropping year after year and in 2018 we only had 408 total posts.

What would be the reason for this? Is it because majority of the posters were fans of the old school 765 production console  games? And not many people care about the spin-off series?

I'm kind of a newbie and it seems odd to me that a once very active board could lose so many posters (or just posts) in just a few years. And from what I know, imas content is still going on strong(mobile stuff). Though the future for the 765 console games doesn't look very good, because both Platinum Stars and Stella Stages did not get very good reviews. And Stella Stages did not sell well at all in Japan.

It would be cool to find out more about this, why so many people stopped posting.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 10:17:41 am by EmperorLiuBei »

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
Re: Why is this board so dead?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2019, 06:41:23 am »
Well, in my opinion, I think forums in general have become more obsolete in the last several years due to social media and chat servers like discord. So, it was bound to happen for a small forum like this to become inactive.  There isn’t much incentive to post here.  But, it was fun in the beginning getting to know people who share same interest for imas in a small community setting.  Especially, when imas was new to people back in the early days.

As for the early posters, I think most have left for the above reasons.   Or, perhaps moved onto different things/communities.  Or, life in general.  I wouldn't just blame it on 765 not getting much attention anymore (though it saddens me that this is happening).  However, the spin-off branches have expanded the fanbase and is still going strong.  There were lots of people here that liked them.  However, there are dedicated communities and discord servers for them.  So, people don’t find much incentive to post here anymore.

It’s true the recent 765 games like platinum stars and stella stage didn’t fare too well (though stella stage did improve some things from platinum stars, but it was still lacking compared to prior games). 

Yeah, I miss the forum days, but I don’t think it’s going to back to where it was.  People find it more convenient to communicate in real time like in chats.  Though, sometimes, it‘s fun going back posts on forums seeing what people posted in the past.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 07:09:31 am by mariokirby »

EmperorLiuBei

• Greenhorn
  • Mostly Unactive [Requester/Poster]
    • View Profile
Re: Why is this board so dead?
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2019, 10:15:39 am »
Cool, so there are a lot more imas communities other than this forum. Yeah, all of this is new to me, so that's definitely something that I don't know well about.

Yeah, I miss the forum days, but I don’t think it’s going to back to where it was. 

That's a shame. There seems to be a lot of interesting stuff that was posted back in the day. I feel that I missed out on a lot. It would be cool to have been a part of the forum in the "Golden age" or whatever. Of course, I didn't even know imas existed until 2017 so that would have been impossible :)  I wish I had known earlier.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 10:17:23 am by EmperorLiuBei »