Username: Password:

Author Topic: Some new questions  (Read 185 times)

CV Magpantay

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Some new questions
« on: May 13, 2018, 04:23:31 am »
So I recently finished all episode 1st of the 13 idols (Last one is Iori which took me forever due to her random activation and problematic ex 3 but was able to finish by bursting as soon as the r1 button appeared and using all memories after the 2nd burst letting me burst one more time before the end) and recently found out that the max memories for a solo Idol is 5 with Yayoi which is funny as she beat my 1st idol into getting there. Also found that each completion of ex episode gives you a new set of Rank S skill as Chihaya's Level 4 Burst was not on my skill board before I beat her 2nd EX episode and producer Level is still going up even when I have a level 37 producer so I have a few questions now.

1. I saw rival idols also have 5 memories so it must be the max, but is is possible to go to 6 max memories for one idol?

2. Do I get anything out of the Fest, Audi and Live at the tab where the ex episodes are like say new other idol songs? If so then what of those should I do? A3 fest? Also some has 1 so I guess there will be a new one once I finish it like the ex episode with some choice that does not affect the memory gain before and after the battle?

3. Fore the amulets, i read some of it increases exp while another something else so can anyone tell me what each amulet does and if possible, put a pic besides the amulet's effect?

4. Found out that your leader gives you a gift post season 4 week 4 for the Christmas Event and season 4 post week 10 for Valentine event but it seems the later can be done twice. Is this true?

TheTanStar

• View Profile
    • Twitch.tv Livestream
Re: Some new questions
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 06:07:24 pm »
1. Technically rivals aren't limited to 5, EX3 Leon has 15(!) iirc. But yes, 5 is the max you can have per character without regenerating them with Azusa's burst skill.
2. The only events that give song rewards are Allstar Lives and EX1-3. Rank ups give skill points and unlock more of the skill tree.
3. The amulet effects are straightforward, they increase fans, money, or EXP gains. The pandas increase fan gain, the cats increase money, and the birds increase EXP gain. There's three versions of each: small, medium, and large (they line up in that order if you have subsequent versions).
4. I've never bothered trying to get all of the gifts from events, so I don't know.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 08:27:07 am by TheTanStar »

CV Magpantay

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 08:11:04 pm »
Thanks for the response so...

1. Leon can have 15 memories huh? But that is when you fight her with a Trio so it'll be a LOT easier there as I can use my gold songs that i can easily perfect. Plus, I saw a vid that even though she got full stats the player easily defeated her by burst counter then do so again when she counters the players counter. But, i guess them timing is key as each side will have 15 memories to use.

2. So you don't unlock for example Miku's song for S4U after beating her in one of those dlcs? (She is there right as I have the full dlc and have not seen her song in the other idol song list for S4U)

3. I see, so all the mics increase Exp? Also if i say used the small, mid and large exp amulet gain, will the effects stack? Come to think of it, Will Takane and Ami's burst which is basically the same (Increase voltage gain when doing a perfect burst) stack? Also, from my observation Takane increases the voltage faster than Ami. Is that right?

4. I see, guess I'll check that Valentine event on my next season 4, hopefully, I don't have to worry about seasonal goals anymore at that time as I already have a level 38 producer rank before starting season 2 and am hoping the max is 40. (Is it?)

TheTanStar

• View Profile
    • Twitch.tv Livestream
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 08:20:43 am »
1. No, it's the final 1v1 at the end of EX3. All of the EX episodes are solos, so you have a max of 5 memory appeals to her 15. Also you're forced into using solo costume+song, not like you wouldn't want to use them anyway, since they're both required for ultimate burst.
2. DLC songs unlock directly after purchase/download. I think Ultimate Eyes (Leon's EX3 song) is the only exception, you need to complete EX3-4 with at least one character for it to unlock for S4U.
3. You cannot stack amulet effects, only 1 amulet can be active at a time.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 08:31:14 am by TheTanStar »

CV Magpantay

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 09:07:24 am »
1. Wow! That's gonna be hard then! She can appeal 3x more than your idol. I wonder how you can win that! Guess I'll find out after getting all 13 idol's episode 2 exs done then with Chihaya. Guess I will also need to get Chihaya to S2 huh?

2. What about Miku? I saw her in a pv of the 1st catalog I think and I don't see her song when I 1st checked the other idol's songs in S4U. Isn't she one of the rivals in the dlc festivals?

3. Well, that blows. So only the 1st effect gets used, or is it the highest even if you use the low mid and high effects? What about Ami and Takane's burst? Will those stack if I use duo or trio burst?

TheTanStar

• View Profile
    • Twitch.tv Livestream
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2018, 09:39:27 am »
1. Actually, I was mistaken with how many memory appeals Leon had: she only has 7 for EX3 (Been a number of years since I've played :-[)

2. As for DLC characters, they have a completely separate section for their songs, press R1 during song selection in S4U to switch to the "guest" mode. Miku only appeared in 2, not OFA.
Here's all of the guest songs in OFA (All are DLC except for Acceleration):

3. Yes, burst appeal effects do stack if you burst charge. It's common to stack Ritsuko and Azusa's bursts to increase the chance of memory appeal regeneration.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 09:48:13 am by TheTanStar »

CV Magpantay

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2018, 12:04:45 pm »
Thanks for the visual aids!

1. Glad to hear that, I've been managing against 5 memory enemies before with 1 more memory advantage so 2 memory advantage should not be that hard to get around with to win but since I have not done Chihaya's episode 3 I guess i will see when i get there.

2. Sorry, after checking all dlc pvs of this game, you were right, Miku was not featured in any of it. Though there were some all star lives I have not seen so I'm guessing the Lives in the dlc section have something to do with those? So there is only 1 free other idol song huh? That is quite different from the many available ones for 765 pro huh?

3. So when you pair Ritsuko with Azusa with either as leader, Azusa's skill activates more? If that is the case, then will it also work for Iori like say all 3 as a trio? Also, how about the glitch I read that Ritsuko's burst gets stronger the next time you use it if it gets countered by a rival? Also, about the amulets. You say it does not stack so if I use the small, then mid and finally the high that affects the same stat will my using the mid overwrite the small while high overwrite the mid?

TheTanStar

• View Profile
    • Twitch.tv Livestream
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2018, 03:55:30 am »
2. There are 3 DLC All-star lives: Thank You!, Ramune-iro Seishun, and Niji-iro Miracle (Yes, each All-star live is a prerendered video, I ripped them years ago). There's a 3 part lead-up for each into the actual All-star live.
3. More like a duo burst charge. You don't need one of them as leader when you can press L1 to switch burst characters (This was required in 2 for memory drives, unlike this game). As for that glitch, I really wouldn't know especially since you usually do the burst counter except in specific circumstances. Also, you can only equip 1 amulet period; Any amulet you try to equip will replace the previous one that was equipped.

CV Magpantay

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2018, 08:39:03 am »
Is see, thanks for the info!

So you can replace the leader with L1 button during an audition, live or festival with a cost of 2 memories? Which buy able accessories give the highest increase? The Gold mike for exp and the Flower for fans?

TheTanStar

• View Profile
    • Twitch.tv Livestream
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2018, 05:48:49 pm »
It's not replacing the leader, it's just replacing who's doing the burst appeal.

As for accessories, the tiara is the best one with 3 stars worth of stats, with everything else maxing out at 2 stars iirc. But for amulets, I just keep the largest XP amulet (The bird reading a book) active since fan gain stops becoming a problem when you've already hit S ranks. I never really bothered with the consumable items outside of the magazines to skip lessons and the challenge letter to fight Leon.

CV Magpantay

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2018, 06:45:46 pm »
Does doing that cost memory appeal?

Yeah, i got that, with 4-5 stars as the highest trio or quintet song right and 3 starts for costume. Isn't that a one use time amulet? But what is the highest exp and fan increase that can be bought? Gold mic for exp and flowers for fan gain +? About the Leon challenge can you say use one letter do it with an idol, then use the letter again and fight her with the same idol or will it only appear on the other idols that have yet to challenge her?

TheTanStar

• View Profile
    • Twitch.tv Livestream
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2018, 02:55:07 am »
L1 just switches the burst character(s) around, it doesn't cost anything except your attention while still hitting appeals.

Mics and flowers are one time use items, the bird is the actual EXP amulet.

Notice how the amulet itself is equipped while everything else says used?

As for Leon's challenge, you can do it 13 times with the same character if you really wanted, but there's nothing really to gain after the first one to unlock Acceleration.

CV Magpantay

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2018, 05:41:21 am »
I see, what about the other none consumable amulet items? What are their effects and duration? Can you use it in one week then again in the next week or does those have cool downs? Also the 3 mics involves exp right? And the Gold one has the highest increase in exp of those 3? If so then what of the Letter, Teddy and Flower? Those increase fan gains right? If so then is the flower the highest. Finally, recently tried the S2 rank up event and found out that Jupiter keeps stealing memories each time they burst so any idea how I should get around that? Is there any other effect their burst has that I should take note. Should I try it after episode 3 of ex or not. Lastly, Jupiter did not seem to counter me before if I only do solo burst so If I do Trio Burst they will counter me and I won't loose 3 memory appeals as one suggested (Though the suggester did not say to do Trio appeals) or if I counter them, will I get back the 3 memory appeals I lost? Finally, Will the rival's burst counter get stronger if the burst counter a trio burst than a solo burst? Thanks again for the quick reply by the way.

Looks like Jupiter isn't that hard after all, beat them in only 2 rounds with Chihaya as leader and Haruka and Miki in the 1st round manually getting the 1st burst and getting it to trio which they predictably countered with their 2nd burst before I used my 3 memories soon after waited for the count down to reach 0 before doing a trio or duo burst depending on how many memories I still had. Did the same for the 2nd round with Takane and Hibiki this time and it worked as well, and I did not even touch Chihaya's memories too!

Had an easy time to with Yayoi but Azusa's random burst took me all rounds to complete
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 12:40:27 am by CV Magpantay »