Username: Password:

Author Topic: Stella Stage Spoilers - Discussion  (Read 1438 times)

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
Stella Stage Spoilers - Discussion
« on: December 22, 2017, 01:53:58 pm »
If you do not want to be spoiled for Stella Stage's plot - And there IS a major plot, do not continue.

Don't say I warned you.

I mean it. If you even THINK of highlighting, this is your problem.

If you want to know if you know consider the following question:

"How many lives are listed in the column for 961 in your lives list? Why asking THAT mean anything?"
or "Have you found a head accessory that wasn't level 1 when you obtained it? Why would THAT question be relevant?"

If you can answer either pair of questions with a functional answer, you can read the first spoiler without worry. If you know the end result of the first spoiler, you'll know what I'm talking about.

They vary in levels of spoiler, so I'll separate them in parts. Refer to part 1 and part 2 if you want to openly discuss.

Part 1: 

This fact will be revealed in the first Compendium release, so you got 2 months to deal with this one.

[spoiler]Shika is producible - You become her Secret Producer. She becomes playable with a mini cycle and the average playthrough to get through her arc is roughly 3-6 months of lives. She gets 4 songs to choose from,. including the titluar song of Stella Stage's 765, ToP. The president is IN on this, by the way. [/spoiler]

Part 2:

[spoiler]Shika is Kuroi's Daughter.

Incidently, she's not 18, which raises how the hell any of this works. Even if you ignore the massive amount of suing just due to contractual breeches, the fact that Kuroi is a terrible parent (but the latter's believable) and the fact it makes the president of 765 look petty and vindicative... The entire plot could be stopped simply by Kuroi saying 'no, I do not give permission' and it'd be incredibly legally binding.

This explains why Shika does not have her last name disclosed in ANY of the Stella Stage promotional material. Yes, they planned it big.[/spoiler]

Discuss.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 03:28:34 pm by Setsuna »
Games are streamed at www.hitbox.tv/Aliciana/
No focus, any platform, suggestions welcome

Currently accepting Platinum Stars requests: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2575.0

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2415 - My technical notes on good quality recording.

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
Re: Stella Stage Spoilers - Discussion
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2017, 03:19:12 pm »
I'll start with my take, bearing in mind I am not a Japanese speaker, and you may wish to consult with a Japanese Speaker for your legal and comprehension needs.

[spoiler]

I mean where do you start? The first thing to note is that when you pick up Shika for your secret production runs, is that she'll ask for 30 minutes first, so she can slip away first.

Bearing in mind you're taking her to a concert for her to perform in front of thousands of people.

So this leaves a series of questions:

a) She might be busy, and even if the producer can plan things meticulously to have her ready to go to perform when she gets there (not happening cause she needs to get stage makeup and prep and that takes time) and that wastes all the resources the producer has to outlay for these events to happen. (Fortunately, the president is allowing the use of resources for this, or otherwise our P would be an embezzing P, and will be spending time practicing the jailhouse rock if court)

b) Kuroi IS going to notice his own daughter suddenly getting popular and writing in mail and other oddities. Nevermind the producer being the best business ninja ever - you don't HIDE that sort of thing forever. I mean the producer's job during this arc is to help her make the extreme live (which means you do Kuroi's job for him, more or less) and... Kuroi doesn't really notice?

c) Could you imagine the conversation? "Dad, I need to do something for the next few hours, mind if I go?"
"You're scheduled for vocal practice in an hour, you're not going anywhere."
"But please?"

... Seriously? I somehow doubt that Shika making puppy eyes to her dad's going to convince him to let her disappear for hours on end.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler]

Then there's the legal problems.

If I remember right, Shika isn't that old, so there's the big problem of age - As her legal guardian, he could charge the producer with kidnapping. He could allege poaching and contract breach if she's formally part of the 861 agency. Doing this LITERALLY gives Kuroi the ammunition to destroy 765 with so many clauses that it is business suicide to go ahead with this.

If nothing else, by law, he could instruct 765 from ever getting near her for business purposes, and legally 765 has to obey the moment they become aware of her identity as long as the request was legal and reasonable.

The president is AWARE of the arrangement - he's there when she asks the producer, and agrees and lets the producer be a secret producer (He suggests the title in fact), and allows him to do work for her while letting 765 run itself for a while.

Uh, mister president. Corporate responsibility for your COMPANY?

[/spoiler]

[spoiler]
Then there's the relationship issues - nevermind the grudge and the rest of it, Kuroi's had enough intimacy to have a KID. If the President KNOWS about it (and it's suggested he's aware) he's either a moron (see previous point) or he's doing it to score a cruel point against Kuroi (which works tactically, if you ignored the previous point) in their feud.

Of course, I don't know much more - her mother isn't discussed. Cue the fanfiction I suppose?
[/spoiler]

[spoiler]In short: At first, second and third brush, the sequence of events that occur given the facts given at the end of her arc is... a bit fantastical, considering im@s is a heavily romanticised (Namely, it's buffed up and shiny and the real industry is much more cutthroat) but actually fairly realistic simulation about how the idol industry works. There's absolutely no way in HELL you could have the above happen without spending time doing the jailhouse rock. [/spoiler]

Currently accepting Platinum Stars requests: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2575.0

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2415 - My technical notes on good quality recording.

Logan

• ζ*'ヮ')ζ<はーん
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2017, 02:53:50 pm »
[spoiler]Does this mean Shika will become part of the 765 team or no?[/spoiler]

darkthunder

• Apprentice
  • STRICTLY A NORMAL HUMAN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2017, 03:22:08 pm »
[spoiler]If she is willing to NTR her father then yes.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 03:24:00 pm by darkthunder »

SapphicSari

• Greenhorn
  • Hella sapphic and hella jurassic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2017, 02:41:19 am »
[spoiler]TBH I'm more surprised at the fact that Kuroi has known a woman...biblically. And as for the whole Shika's age thing, I think it's the same way that Ryo is able to live a double life with such a flimsy disguise and no fake name: "it's a video game don't question it".[/spoiler]
Bruce from Finding Nemo is just Syoko's fursona and you can't tell me otherwise

darkthunder

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2017, 04:10:45 am »
[spoiler]How old Shika is actually?[/spoiler] and hooray for black box thread.

ChocoCats

• Producer
  • Yoshi♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2017, 05:27:57 am »
[spoiler]How old Shika is actually?[/spoiler] and hooray for black box thread.

She's 17, which was already confirmed during her reveal.

[spoiler]Anyways, the way you produce Shika is contrived and makes everyone involved look stupid.[/spoiler]

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2017, 06:57:24 pm »
I personally find this sort of design (And its flaws) interesting mostly from a fictional construction point of view - apparently everything that was released around this time is having various design errors.

I mean, the Last Jedi, Atelier Lydie & Suelle, and Stella Stage have had several errors which may cause problems. Fortunately in Stella Stage's case, the deep seeded problems that come with the plot can be fixed with the tried and true method (within the im@s universe) of issuing a new vision, erasing the incredible mistakes that they made here. It's not the perfect fix, but if you treat Stella Stage as fanfiction, it'll hold mostly intact.

Atelier Lydie & Suelle are the last of their arc, meaning the mistakes they made won't be continued on in further games, since the next game will happen in a new universe.

The Last Jedi has the problem of not being able to do neither, and I wonder if Disney will suffer for it.

Treemotan

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2018, 03:15:25 am »
Really wish my bud hadn't spoiled this stuff for me before I even got the game, and if he weren't in Guam RN he'd have a foot up his rear. But might as well contribute.

[spoiler]As contrived and nonsensical the ability to produce Shika is from a legal and business standpoint, I honestly find I don't much care and am honestly looking forward to it.
Just. This kid is so dang sweet and adorable holy heck.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Also, despite the fact that realistically Kuroi is probably a horrible parent, I find the mental image of him being a super-doting and maybe actually good dad to be way more amusing?
Like I'm just picturing him being in a screaming row with Takagi over the phone while wearing a little frilly hat because he had only just finished having a tea party with a four-year-old Shika and the mental image is so absurd I can't help but chuckle a little. [/spoiler]

darkthunder

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2018, 04:19:30 am »
Really wish my bud hadn't spoiled this stuff for me before I even got the game, and if he weren't in Guam RN he'd have a foot up his rear. But might as well contribute.

[spoiler]As contrived and nonsensical the ability to produce Shika is from a legal and business standpoint, I honestly find I don't much care and am honestly looking forward to it.

[spoiler]Also, despite the fact that realistically Kuroi is probably a horrible parent, I find the mental image of him being a super-doting and maybe actually good dad to be way more amusing?
Like I'm just picturing him being in a screaming row with Takagi over the phone while wearing a little frilly hat because he had only just finished having a tea party with a four-year-old Shika and the mental image is so absurd I can't help but chuckle a little. [/spoiler]
[spoiler]Been playing since SP but I have never seen Kuroi as horrible but more to stupid, harsh and egoistic. He is just too fixated on Takagi. All the past rival got harsh treatment from Kuroi but he is really soft on Shika though he is quite a horrible father.[/spoiler]

Treemotan

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2018, 02:39:28 pm »
[spoiler]Been playing since SP but I have never seen Kuroi as horrible but more to stupid, harsh and egoistic. He is just too fixated on Takagi. All the past rival got harsh treatment from Kuroi but he is really soft on Shika though he is quite a horrible father.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I DID notice he was a lot easier on her than he was on Project Fairy in SP and Jupiter in 2. But aside from that,
like I said, I have no doubts that he sucks at the whole parenting thing. I just enjoy amusing myself with stupid mental images and making Kuroi look even dumber than he actually is.
 [/spoiler]

Nagi

• Apprentice
  • #1 Dearly StarsP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2018, 07:19:13 pm »
[spoiler]I'd say there's a 50% of chance that she will tbh, this is basically a Project Fairy 2.0: we can produce a rival at a game right at the end of a era even though you couldn't really produce Project Fairy, you were still able to use them in S4U! and they were confirmed in the story to join 765, which made her appearance in 2nd Vision as 765 idols not seem like something that appeared out of nowhere. Considering SS is what PS should've been, we can count it as the final transition between 2nd Vision and the upcoming 3rd Vision, which lets Scamco with a story reboot excuse to be able to add Shika into the main cast.
Even though with her being Kuroi's daughter, they'll need to be very careful with how they treat her backstory if they plan to make her a main character. They can't confirm her as the daughter of the rival production's president in her original appearance and then have her working for 765 in the next games, and they can't ignore this fact either as she being Kuroi's daughter is basically the whole plot twist in her original game appearance, and one of her main reasons to be. If she wasn't Kuroi's daughter she'd be another Leon: a good rival, but a rival that doesn't really stand out when it comes to character development. With this, she does really stand out when compared to the rest of 961's past idols.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 11:29:15 pm by Nagi »

darkthunder

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2018, 10:48:49 pm »
[spoiler]I'd say there's a 50% of chance that she will tbh, this is basically a Project Fairy 2.0: we can produce a rival at a game right at the end of a era even though you couldn't really produce Project Fairy, you were still able to use them in S4U! and they were confirmed in the story to join 765, which made her appearance in 2nd Vision as 765 idols not seem like something that appeared out of nowhere. Considering SS is what PS should've been, we can count it as the final transition between 2nd Vision and the upcoming 3rd Vision, with lets Scamco with a story reboot excuse to be able to add Shika into the main cast.
Even though with her being Kuroi's daughter, they'll need to be very careful with how they treat her backstory if they plan to make her a main character. They can't confirm her as the daughter of the rival production's president in her original appearance and then have her working for 765 in the next games, and they can't ignore this fact either as she being Kuroi's daughter is basically the whole plot twist in her original game appearance, and one of her main reasons to be. If she wasn't Kuroi's daughter she'd be another Leon: a good rival, but a rival that doesn't really stand out when it comes to character development. With this, she does really stand out when compared to the rest of 961's past idols.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Actually the way they push Shika in the story of each idol is too strong. Even if Shika doesn't join 765 she will be somewhere in the franchise.[/spoiler]

nyachan

• Resident Photoshop Monkey
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2018, 12:03:36 pm »
[spoiler]With how easily she tells him to basically can it and he listens imo puts this as less of a complete unlikelihood honestly. While he's brash and short tempered, Shika's "oh stop it da-I mean President Kuroi" tends to shut him up real quick. I always chuckled at how she had him nearly completely under her control.[spoiler]

SapphicSari

• Greenhorn
  • Hella sapphic and hella jurassic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2018, 03:10:18 pm »

Why do I love this so much? I mean, I LIVE for content of [spoiler]"villains" (although Kuroi isn't evil, just a douchebag) being good fathers. Like Bowser, for example. Dude may be the bad guy of the Mario games, but goddammit if he doesn't love his kids.[/spoiler]
Bruce from Finding Nemo is just Syoko's fursona and you can't tell me otherwise