Username: Password:

Author Topic: THE iDOLM@STER Stella Stage Gameplay Thread  (Read 5204 times)

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
Re: THE iDOLM@STER Stella Stage Gameplay Thread
« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2018, 07:45:44 am »
Sorry, to double post.  Just wanted to post more comments/questions.

1.  I know we have to beat all of the lives for each of the 6 major lives in one year, but is that just for the trophy?  Or, is it also for the end of the year review as well where the president reviews the major lives done?  (Sorry, for the dumb question).  Reason I ask this is because when I decided to give 1 major live a try out of curiosity, the president seemed to give me credit for IU (I believe) even though I didn't do all the IU lives.  Thought, it was kind of weird.

2.  I noticed certain unlisted lives stay on the menu list even after beating.  However, the character unlisted lives seemed to disappear after beating.  So, there seems to be no way to know to check to see if you beaten them.  Guess you just have to remember it.

3. It seems using the trend outfit gives you boost in appeal scoring.  But, I tried using the trend song, and it seems to boost the full combo score.  (not sure if it does anything else.)

4.  I also noticed after I got Miki to S-rank, her same morning office scenes (and I think evening office too as well) change a bit where she greets and calls you honey instead.  I don't recall it being like that in PS.  (though its been a long time)

5.  There a few S-rank SP lives in the last couple months where there's a ??.  Are those for you know who?  (did the spoiler button just disappear?)

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 14, 2018, 06:38:27 pm »
Sorry, to double post.  Just wanted to post more comments/questions.

1.  I know we have to beat all of the lives for each of the 6 major lives in one year, but is that just for the trophy?  Or, is it also for the end of the year review as well where the president reviews the major lives done?  (Sorry, for the dumb question).  Reason I ask this is because when I decided to give 1 major live a try out of curiosity, the president seemed to give me credit for IU (I believe) even though I didn't do all the IU lives.  Thought, it was kind of weird.

2.  I noticed certain unlisted lives stay on the menu list even after beating.  However, the character unlisted lives seemed to disappear after beating.  So, there seems to be no way to know to check to see if you beaten them.  Guess you just have to remember it.

3. It seems using the trend outfit gives you boost in appeal scoring.  But, I tried using the trend song, and it seems to boost the full combo score.  (not sure if it does anything else.)

4.  I also noticed after I got Miki to S-rank, her same morning office scenes (and I think evening office too as well) change a bit where she greets and calls you honey instead.  I don't recall it being like that in PS.  (though its been a long time)

5.  There a few S-rank SP lives in the last couple months where there's a ??.  Are those for you know who?  (did the spoiler button just disappear?)

1. It's for the end of the year review. But that review has no influence apart from some different text. The text is different between clearing none, half or less, more than half or all.

2. No idea about the unlisted lives, i haven't seen any of them yet. But i'm still working on getting everyone to S rank.

3. I never noticed a change in burst, omoide or full combo score, but the score is significantly higher if you match the trend. So i assume the appeal score is increased. And from what i have seen i'd say matching one trend (either costume or song) has the same effect as normally wearing the correct costume type. Matching both trends seems to double that effect, so as if getting the bonus you get from the correct costume twice. I never did any real testing on this though.

5. Yes they are. It's 3 different ones, each lasts for 2 weeks.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 16, 2018, 05:01:42 am »
@Naryoril

Again, thank you very much for sticking around. 

But, yeah.  I finally beat the 6 major lives in 1 year (was kind of hoping something more than just a few dialogue lines from the president).  The hardest part was the 7/4 live as you are at yellow status (due to the 7/3 live), the score is high, and there's no trend.  Luckily, I was able to Ex clear it because I had omoide/burst lessons for that live.

Oh, I see.  I guess that would make sense about matching both costume and song giving you much higher appeal (though I haven't tested it out).  I do know for sure that the trend song gives you additional 3000 full combo bonus.

EDIT:  Correction.  Trend song does not give you additional full combo bonus.

I think these would be the last few questions I have for this game.

1. I'm still missing 2 videos (probably for president/kotori) from the Other memories.  The website mentioned clearing the Christmas live and valentine live.  Well, I Ex clear everything (except that person's route/lives).  So, not sure what's going on.

2.  Just curious, what do you get from doing that person's route/live?  I'm assuming you'll unlock her 4 songs and some scenes for her.  (I'm also assuming that only she appears in those scenes by herself without the other idols)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 11:36:24 pm by mariokirby »

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2018, 04:55:20 pm »
2.  Just curious, what do you get from doing that person's route/live?  I'm assuming you'll unlock her 4 songs and some scenes for her.  (I'm also assuming that only she appears in those scenes by herself without the other idols)

For one, you get the same as completing any other route: a trophy (iirc) and ofc story.

My guess is also that there might be something extra if you cleared all 14 routes, i'm still haven't cleared about half of the 765pro girls. It takes me about half an hour for each rank up live. I record them with the PS4 feature and then watch them again as video, where it's possible to pause. I'm not fast enough at reading for the producer's lines and some of the idols talk too fast for my listening skills (looking at you Ritsuko). It also helps when you have to make a choice during the story sequence. I'm currently doing 2 rank ups a day.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2018, 02:54:13 am »
@Naryoril

Thanks. 

But, yeah.  Just wondering if it was worth doing her route.  Someone told me that you can unlock a few outfits for the idols, so that's something I should consider.

I'm not sure if there's something if you clear everyone's route.  I've not heard anything about it.  But, if you do get something out of it, please let us know.

Other than, that's all the questions I have.  Thank you everyone who answered my questions.  I realize most people go to discord to ask questions, but I posted most of my questions here so that everyone could benefit.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 18, 2018, 07:13:12 pm »
Oh, I see.  I guess that would make sense about matching both costume and song giving you much higher appeal (though I haven't tested it out).  I do know for sure that the trend song gives you additional 3000 full combo bonus.

I just did the final IA using double trend (otherwise you won't beat the 98k required for ex clear), and i got 4200 points as full combo bonus. That's 1000 base on master difficulty, +200 for the song being rank 5, +3000 due to trio skills (my leader has all skills on the board unlocked). Are you sure your leader didn't just have all the chain bonus skills of the corresponding live type? How big was your full combo bonus? The highest possible chain bonus should be: 1000 base master difficulty + 450 rank 10 (not 100% sure about this) + 3000 skills + 1000 lesson = 5450 points. Did you get more than that?

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 18, 2018, 11:35:09 pm »
And, I made another mistake.  I completely forgot about the trio full combo skill.  I'm sorry.  You're right.  When I did the song I got 3800 full combo bonus (the song was level 1 and Pro difficulty so the base combo was only 800 points.  But, I assumed the extra 3000 was from the trend, but I forgot about I had learned all the trio skills).

Thanks, for correcting my mistake.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 11:38:00 pm by mariokirby »

zettamax

• Greenhorn
  • うっうー!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2018, 11:08:36 am »
Has there been any word on Ps4 Pro enhancements for Stella Stage? I have checked all over the place but to no avail.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 20, 2018, 05:14:52 am »
I haven't heard anything about it.  (Then again, I'm under the assumption that this game is already running 1080p 60fps, so not sure what else the Pro could provide).

darkthunder

• Apprentice
  • STRICTLY A NORMAL HUMAN
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 20, 2018, 07:27:41 am »
I thought PS4 is now lock on 30fps? Somehow when I play it didn't feel like 60fps.

zettamax

• Greenhorn
  • うっうー!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 20, 2018, 07:46:12 am »
I'm under the assumption that this game is already running 1080p 60fps, so not sure what else the Pro could provide.

Most likely native 4k support, preferably with a supersampling option for owners of 1080p tv's. Maybe improved anisotropic filtering, and some minor extra flourishes.

As far as I am concerned, both Stella Stage and Platinum Stars have the best real time cel-shaded character models in the entire video game industry (objectively speaking, they have the highest polygon count, most detailed textures, and smoothest animations out of all cel-shaded games); would be awesome to see these models in crisp 1800p ~ 2160p resolution. *o*

Apologies for the hardcore graphics whoring lol, but far too often Japanese devs use the "anime-esque" cel-shaded style as an excuse to put as little effort into the character model composition as possible. It is quite refreshing to see something so technically groundbreaking in such a niche franchise as Idolmaster.

darkthunder

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 08, 2018, 06:26:23 am »
6th DLC catalogue and First Stage finally appear, Kami Summer is absent for the first time and a new dress for Music. Music new dress is really nice and it follow everyone colour. With this new dress Music now already have 3 different dress in 3 different game SF, OFA and SS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t60YQGZ8s-0
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 06:38:48 am by darkthunder »

esdamibe12

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 13, 2018, 06:11:12 pm »
Guys, who might be able to help me here? In the blog post of the 6th DLC, at the end of it, they state there will be more content also included, may this mean the other content of the DLC not presented on the blog or are they talking of new content to play. (like a new year schedule).

Here is the link, the first post by now must be the one I am asking about, the 6th one. My japanese is not good at all.

http://idolmaster.jp/blog/?cat=36

darkthunder

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 14, 2018, 12:15:26 am »
Guys, who might be able to help me here? In the blog post of the 6th DLC, at the end of it, they state there will be more content also included, may this mean the other content of the DLC not presented on the blog or are they talking of new content to play. (like a new year schedule).

Here is the link, the first post by now must be the one I am asking about, the 6th one. My japanese is not good at all.

http://idolmaster.jp/blog/?cat=36
It means that other content inside the video which is not shown in the post.

zettamax

• Greenhorn
  • うっうー!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 14, 2018, 01:38:34 am »
In the blog post of the 6th DLC, at the end of it, they state there will be more content also included, may this mean the other content of the DLC not presented on the blog or are they talking of new content to play. (like a new year schedule).

Is the below text I circled in red what you are referring to?

Essentially, what it's saying is "In addition to all the wonderful content shown above, there will be plenty of other stuff available. For more details, be sure to check Stella Stage's official website after it is updated on March 15th, 2018 (Thursday)."
it isn't particularly specific (I would assume to pique the readers' interest lol). Based on the fact that it is capping off a blog post made specifically to highlight dlc catalogue #6, my guess would be they are indeed referring to the contents of the dlc pack in question. That being said, my Japanese is far from infallible xD March 15th is just 2 days away, so I'd wait til then to be certain.