Username: Password:

Author Topic: Brazilian Idol in Side M  (Read 1066 times)

Juanelric

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
Brazilian Idol in Side M
« on: October 17, 2017, 03:40:43 pm »
I kinda want a Brazilian idol in Side M, but different from Naty and Elena (though as a Brazilian I love them both, for as stereotypical as they are). He has to be a Caucasian of European descent. Not all Brazilians are brown-skinned, I'm a brown-skinned Brazilian and even I hate that stereotype. We're one of the most diverse countries in the world and brown-skinned Brazilian stereotypes really don't show that.
Not all Brazilians like soccer and carnival either, that's a stereotype we hate in fact. I used to like soccer, though I mostly lost interest, but I never liked carnival outside of having no school in carnival week.
With that said, I'd really like to see a Caucasian Brazilian character in Idolmaster who hates soccer and carnival. I kinda want a black idol in Idolmaster too but I don't want it to be this guy, because again that'd reinforce the stereotype. I want it to be a girl in Cinderella Girls.

Edit: I also want a female idol who is officially lolicon. Judge me. lol
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 05:49:00 pm by Juanelric »

HomemadeCat

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
Re: Brazilian Idol in Side M
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 07:19:19 pm »
I agree with you, I am brazilian and I also dislike carnival and soccer, but japanese people probably will not think that this type of person exist, sad.

ChocoCats

• Producer
  • Yoshi♥
    • View Profile
Re: Brazilian Idol in Side M
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2018, 05:42:08 pm »
SideM is an unit-focused series (and there was an idol discovery audition where you vote for 3 out of 9 potential idol candidates (none of them are Brazilian); the 3 idols chosen were Amehiko, Sora, and Chris and they formed as the 15th unit Legenders), so unless said Brazilian idol has other members, I don't see him happening anytime soon. Unfortunately, Namco has a poor track record of not representing foreign countries beyond stereotypes, so I don't have much hope for that, too.