Username: Password:

Author Topic: Japanese Marketplace - iM@S on Demand  (Read 8774 times)

Drunken Watermelon

• Producer
  • Mmm, that's tasty!
    • View Profile
    • The Internet Starts Here
Re: Japanese Marketplace - iM@S on Demand
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2009, 08:19:13 am »
http://kotaku.com/5336183/xbox-360-games-on-demand-region-locked
The Xbox 360 summer system earlier this week made it possible for users to buy and download titles directly to their console. But don't go looking to digitally import games.

The US Xbox LIVE Marketplace and the Japanese Xbox LIVE Marketplace have different titles.

For work, I have an American Xbox 360 with a US Xbox LIVE Gold account. I use it to download games and write reviews of them. When Games On Demand was rolled out, I wanted to check out the instant gratification service and tried downloading Assassin's Creed and got this message:

This item isn't available from your current location.

I tried downloading Call of Duty 2 and got the same message. I tried downloading LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga and got the same message. Thought this might be third party region coding, but got ditto for Perfect Dark Zero and even Viva Piñata, which is available on the Japanese Marketplace.

However, it was possible to download Xbox title Fable.

The reverse seems to be true as well — meaning, those living outside Japan do not appear able to digitally import Japanese Xbox 360 games on demand.

Region locking: Good for corporations, and for now, bad for Microsoft and developers. These titles are available used in retail shops at lower prices. I shall take my business elsewhere.

Suki Daisuki

• Bang ♥ Lazy Resident of P-imas
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2009, 12:21:25 pm »

DO NOT
put any credit card information on xbox live, you cannot remove it.
once you put it in microsoft will force you to pay every 3 months for live and you can't do anything about it. they will constantly charge you, even if you dont want it. and the only way to remove it is to call support and ask them to remove it, you need voice confirmation of the user for the card on the account and then they will most likely cancel all your microsoft subscription that you have (for example you bought a 12 month live card and put it in your account like a week ago they will cancel that too) or ban you from live

also, if your cousin cancels the card or the card expires, they will still charge it and if they cannot validate the card they say that you owe money to microsoft as an excuse because they renewed your subscription and then ban you from live as well.

ask your cousin to buy you prepaid cards like i did with my uncle and then tell them to tell you the code over the phone or something lmao.
So that means credit cards are not recommended?
My cousin doesn't have a lot of free time chatting with me and buying things for me @_@ how disappointing..
BTW Nick your eyes might blur again after 5-9 months. My big sister also had that operation but soon her eyes blurred again after 7 months.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 12:37:46 pm by Suki Daisuki »
To relax and do nothing is the greatest luxury:)

I bite =3
               ♥

twinklestar

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 06:17:18 am by twinklestar »

h4ataraxia

« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2009, 08:14:53 am »
Is this the one you're talking about lately?

yes sir

Suki Daisuki

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2009, 04:16:05 pm »
One question
What are the differences between the original game from L4U?
i'm pretty sure this is posted on the old forum but eventually disappeared.
I know about the differences in download contents but what else?
I'm planning what to buy first and what to buy next.

I bite =3
               ♥

Drunken Watermelon

• Producer
  • Mmm, that's tasty!
    • View Profile
    • The Internet Starts Here
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2009, 04:21:31 pm »
L4U is more of a sandbox eyecandy game with little plot and story, whilst the original game has plot and story and all that jazz.

h4ataraxia

« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2009, 07:30:11 pm »
the xbox version is basically what suika said, you produce the girls, give them lessons and promotions, and auditions.
l4u skips all that and only has the performances.
its sorta like an expansion.

Suki Daisuki

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2009, 01:03:24 am »
 :o Oh I see
But can you play L4U without the original one?

I bite =3
               ♥

Cien Laguoire

« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2009, 01:43:39 am »
Yes, you can. L4U is a standalone game, and doesn't require you to play original Idolmaster.

Suki Daisuki

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2009, 02:39:22 am »
I see..
Thanks!

I bite =3
               ♥

nikorai

• View Profile
    • Nick's personal page
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2009, 03:04:24 am »
Oh, I've just noticed there are some messages personally for me.

Drunken Watermelon
Suki Daisuki

BTW Nick your eyes might blur again after 5-9 months. My big sister also had that operation but soon her eyes blurred again after 7 months.

Thanks a lot for health recommendations, guys.

Yeah I notice that after sitting for a few hours in front of the screen it's harder to focus on distant objects. I guess there's other way to keep the eyesight intact but to avoid using the pc for long hours and take breaks.
Spending less time on pc will of course tell on my japanese studies, slowing down my progress. Kanji are very bad for eyesight. Back when I took lessons from Suzuki-sensei, I noticed he could barely see anything farther than 2 meters away from him.

Closer to the topic, im@s game still awaits me and for now I have to stick to reading manga and listening to im@s cds. Lately I've come up with some discoveries (at least for me personally) and I'll try to write a few lines about my impressions in the corresponding threads below.

Nick

MrProducer

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2009, 04:05:45 am »
Ok, this might be a totally naive thing to suggest, but - if you want to play it in the us, why not try hitting the problem at the source?

I posted in NamcoBandai's official idolm@ster thread..hopefully if a lot of people post there they will at least take a look at it..anyway..it takes 2 mins to registrer and post..here: http://forums.namcobandaigames.com/showthread.php?t=5074

nikorai

• View Profile
    • Nick's personal page
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2009, 02:07:55 pm »
Ok, this might be a totally naive thing to suggest, but - if you want to play it in the us, why not try hitting the problem at the source?

Writing that means you didn't watch L4U Great Party from xbox360 game package. There was exactly this question to Sakagami-san. Go check what his answer was.
Personally, I'm NOT in the US and I don't want im@s to be translated.
Also, anyone care to provide the link that show how im@s is supposed to look if it were to be localized for the US market? It's like don't trouble trouble... The result can be horrible.
Nick

Suki Daisuki

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2009, 05:13:17 am »
The Japanese Xbox 360 Arcade i bought arrived today.
Surprisingly it came with a play and charge kit, 256mb and a 60gb hdd.
All i need is a copy of imas.I don't think Microsoft announced that there will be a free 60gb hdd in the arcade version
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 05:15:59 am by Suki Daisuki »

I bite =3
               ♥

h4ataraxia

« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2009, 06:23:59 am »
The Japanese Xbox 360 Arcade i bought arrived today.
Surprisingly it came with a play and charge kit, 256mb and a 60gb hdd.
All i need is a copy of imas.I don't think Microsoft announced that there will be a free 60gb hdd in the arcade version

I've heard rumos of play-asia giving away the new gen of xbox premiums, you got extremely lucky there :K

also I can get you the xbox imas for $30, the import store here has it for 29.99 used...if you want lmao :K
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 06:30:23 am by h4ataraxia »