Username: Password:

Author Topic: DL Lives  (Read 16853 times)

Hime Idol

• Ohimechin is life!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
Re: DL Lives
« Reply #90 on: October 20, 2016, 07:39:42 pm »
The 9th DL was released last night. Um...well disappointment doesn't quite explain this one.

http://idolmaster.jp/blog/?p=23839
I'd appreciate any help anyone has to offer. The games and DLCs are very expensive and I'd really appreciate whatever you guys can send. My PayPal.Me link: paypal.me/HimeIdol

Reikuo

• Apprentice
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 21, 2016, 12:12:11 am »
I think I already know the answer to this but I never see anyone complaining about it. So once you get all your idols to A rank, all that is left to do is begin the S rank grind. However from what im seeing there are just a handful of lives/jobs to select that actually give worthwhile fan numbers. The majority of the lives give 5-9k fans with a few giving 12-13k, then some of the S rank ones give 25k.

Well anyway, my problem is you pretty much cant use what feels like about 80% or more of the games outfits unless you want to drop all the way back to C or B rank lives and get virtually no fans or money for doing it. Is there something im missing? There is no outfit type variety in A and S rank, nor the SP lives. The DL lives are not any better either. Hell I would have gotten some of the DLC, but there is no point because I seriously cant use the outfits and farm fans at the same time. I know S4U is there, but I want to actually play on top of not getting burnt out on the songs since the grind is already long.
PSN Reikuo

Rin

• Apprentice
  • 初めて会った日、覚えてますか?
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 21, 2016, 05:19:00 am »
I think I already know the answer to this but I never see anyone complaining about it.

Because we've already been over everything wrong with PS. A number of us stopped caring about it enough to continue talking about it, and the ones that still play it keep to themselves about the gameplay, from what I can tell.

But no, you're not really missing a whole lot. This is just what the game is. I feel at this point you can either accept it and enjoy it for what you do get with it or, well, just stop altogether. No offense to anyone but I don't see much a point in playing it if you hate it and aren't even doing it for others, i.e., song requests for people who don't have it. I still love playing it, but that's just me.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 05:26:31 am by Rin »
What will I paint on the pure-white tomorrow that spreads to its limit?
What will I paint on the tomorrow dyed pitch-black by reality?
Through struggle, we shine.

Miki Fan

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 22, 2016, 07:07:11 am »
However from what im seeing there are just a handful of lives/jobs to select that actually give worthwhile fan numbers. The majority of the lives give 5-9k fans with a few giving 12-13k, then some of the S rank ones give 25k.

Aren't there DL lives that give like 100000, 200000, 300000, and even a million fans?
Where

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 22, 2016, 07:10:15 am »
Aren't there DL lives that give like 100000, 200000, 300000, and even a million fans?

Yes, but they are one shot - they're not repeatable, and once you do them, they disappear from the selectable list.

The regular ones you'll be doing on a regular basis don't provide nearly as many.
Games are streamed at www.hitbox.tv/Aliciana/
No focus, any platform, suggestions welcome

Currently accepting Platinum Stars requests: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2575.0

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2415 - My technical notes on good quality recording.

Adz0086

• Apprentice
  • Hibiki's English name is Sound
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 23, 2016, 10:31:53 pm »
The 9th DL was released last night. Um...well disappointment doesn't quite explain this one.

http://idolmaster.jp/blog/?p=23839

Why do I feel like Hibiki's ponytail and Yayoi's twintails would clip through that hat :P
The outfit is pretty cute tho

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 25, 2016, 12:33:18 am »
I need to address this, Naryoril. Not only to end strife, but to at least save myself from... well, myself.

More to that, what took this so damn long is that I'm a coward, sweeping bad things beneath the rug without looking at long-term ramifications. This dawned on me upon losing a dear friend, so now I'm hell-bent on killing personal demons.

Starting with some context, I don't think myself highly as a person. Not in the moral sense, but as an individual altogether; I was bullied as a student, watching time and again as I saw sweethearts slip away... no thanks to my lack of initiative.

Moving onto the now, I became solely reliant on meeting people, so as to follow their examples on how to live a happy life; whether they be selfless or highly intelligent, I was inspired. I tend to choose my friends very, very deliberately.

Sadly, the prospect of this got to my head; it turned me into something ugly; something cruel to you.

I still think the implementation of DL Lives are sloppy, yet we could've had a mutual disagreement, and I'd have ended it at that point, absolutely. Instead, I insulted you, mocked your persistence and ran gossip away from the forums. Bad things.

Right then and there I became something that I hated most -- a bully -- and now it's tearing me apart.

Outstanding fucking hypocrisy, so you heard it from me! In some fairness, the catalyst wasn't entirely my doing; Setsuna poured her heart in an objective post, only for you to brush it off as fallacy. That is what angered me. Kicked everything off.

Beyond this, however, I did in fact go too far in what I gloried as retribution. Sweet revenge. I'm awful.

Truth be told, I'm rather envious of you; not only have you endured my abuse, you kept things cool under heavy contention with Setsuna. More yet, you indulge in an unadulterated love for your idol. A proper individual to learn from, if I ever saw one.

To be seen a malignant bastard is one of my worst personal failures -- it's enough to spite myself with cursing, even self-inflicted harm. I mean Christ, I damn-near ran my palm on the edge of a garden scythe... but abstinence got the best of things.

To think if my mom saw that? My deceased sister? I can at least atone for these acts... but overall, my actions were deplorable and I have no right to ask forgiveness, not to mention for others affected. Yet... I can at least try for an understanding.
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 25, 2016, 06:21:14 am »
Woah, that was pretty deep.  Guess, I learned more about you.

Sorry.  Anyways, we all accept your apology regarding the recent incident.  In my opinion, I think both parties are equally to blame, so it's not entirely your fault.  I understand you felt guilty about your reaction, but it's good that you came up to give a sincere apology.  And, we all respect that as that takes a lot of courage and dignity.  And, I think you made a good example to everyone on the forum.  Something, we all should follow not only on the internet but also in real life.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 25, 2016, 09:19:00 am »
Apology accepted DeviantProtagonist, and thank you.

First of all, this is the internet, there will always be arguing and misunderstandings, due to the written form. And, like you, i'm no stranger to being bullied, i have been bullied all my childhood until i moved to a different school in a neighboring at village the age of 14 (which had nothing to do with the bullying, simply because there was no "high school" in the village where i lived) and i learned not to take everything at heart.

That said, to be honest, after all this, i admit i toned back my efforts trying to help everyone out with the game (e.g. i didn't put as much effort into the scoring mechanics analysis as i intended to).

As for my persistence on the topic (edit: and i say this fully aware that this could start the whole mess again):
I kept persisting for 2 reasons:

1) No one of you ever answered the question i kept asking: in what manner would you prefer the items from the DL lives to be in the game, without altering the game's (drop) mechanics? As long as this question isn't answered, i simply can't see any blame in the DL lives or their implementation, imo all the blame is in the drop system itself.
The only way i see is to make all the DL live items, as well as all other items in the game, ex clear rewards, thus making the drop system pretty much obsolete and nothing more than a nice bonus for getting items early or leveling them up. But this solution is borderline "altering the game's (drop) mechanics". And once again: i fully agree that the drop system really really sucks and needs to be changed by implementing a floor (at least 1 gold present very x lives) or something.
I probably keep insisting on this because i hate seeing the, in my eyes at least, innocent being blamed for something they didn't do, even if it isn't people.

2) This here is the only place where i saw such negativity towards the game, and it frankly strikes me as odd.

Edit: added some words that went missing after shifting sentences around while writing the post.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 09:28:05 pm by Naryoril »

Nakiame

• Hibike, Hibiki!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 25, 2016, 10:15:50 pm »
2) This here is the only place where i saw such negativity towards the game, and it frankly strikes me as odd.

That's cause people here really care about the game.

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 26, 2016, 02:08:33 am »
Woah, that was pretty deep.  Guess, I learned more about you.

Sorry.  Anyways, we all accept your apology regarding the recent incident.  In my opinion, I think both parties are equally to blame, so it's not entirely your fault.  I understand you felt guilty about your reaction, but it's good that you came up to give a sincere apology.  And, we all respect that as that takes a lot of courage and dignity.  And, I think you made a good example to everyone on the forum.  Something, we all should follow not only on the internet but also in real life.

I needed to prove who my real self was, with all targeting sings pointed on me and my willingness to pull the trigger. It's something many take for granted, yet I totally understand why.

Still, I drew too near the point of no return; I'd be too ashamed in your presence, let alone deem myself a worthwhile friend and to others who do. Gratefully, one of ours gave that push.

While I refuse to again lose sight of myself, we're all humans capable of failure. Thinking I should emphasize less on what role models did best and more as to how they handle problems.

First of all, this is the internet, there will always be arguing and misunderstandings, due to the written form. And, like you, i'm no stranger to being bullied, i have been bullied all my childhood until i moved to a different school in a neighboring at village the age of 14 (which had nothing to do with the bullying, simply because there was no "high school" in the village where i lived) and i learned not to take everything at heart.

That said, to be honest, after all this, i admit i toned back my efforts trying to help everyone out with the game (e.g. i didn't put as much effort into the scoring mechanics analysis as i intended to).

As for my persistence on the topic (edit: and i say this fully aware that this could start the whole mess again):

1) No one of you ever answered the question i kept asking: in what manner would you prefer the items from the DL lives to be in the game, without altering the game's (drop) mechanics? As long as this question isn't answered, i simply can't see any blame in the DL lives or their implementation, imo all the blame is in the drop system itself.
The only way i see is to make all the DL live items, as well as all other items in the game, ex clear rewards, thus making the drop system pretty much obsolete and nothing more than a nice bonus for getting items early or leveling them up. But this solution is borderline "altering the game's (drop) mechanics". And once again: i fully agree that the drop system really really sucks and needs to be changed by implementing a floor (at least 1 gold present very x lives) or something.
I probably keep insisting on this because i hate seeing the, in my eyes at least, innocent being blamed for something they didn't do, even if it isn't people.

Edit: added some words that went missing after shifting sentences around while writing the post.

I'm beyond happy to know that. The written form can indeed go a long way in causing harm, which had I any foresight to, I'd punch myself many times over. Nevertheless, an amnesty like this can breed something so much more.

I mean, if I could buy you some rounds of beer, I'd totally would. Looking forward to those new kinds of possibilities. Still, my personal grievances aren't over just yet... but I'm glad we're able to gain closure with this one, Naryoril.

To more an amusing side, a percentage floor was indeed added at some point; no clue on numbers, but the summary was one of Namco's partners threatened to drop out after having done 2000 Lives with nothing to show for it.

Sure did away with Namco's cold shoulder, right then and there.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 02:16:00 am by DeviantProtagonist »
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 26, 2016, 10:01:57 am »
You are strawman arguing and you know it. I have stated solutions, and your demand to 'answer the question' shows you actually believe the base premises that NBEI have made, or you do not (or do not WANT TO) understand the actual problem.

The DL live system would work fine (for various definitions of fine, I suppose but that's a matter of modelling), but the base assumptions that they used are either flawed (namely, they assumed that the real life spread would be far less than they ended up being) or they really wanted to go in for the long haul (namely that 2-4 hours a day, every day for a year for 50/100% completion at roughly 66%)

The first is a probability oversight and can be corrected by increasing the rate and introducing a present drop floor. The second is scary, and needs to be corrected by reevaluating what the expected PS player would actually be DOING over the course of six months or a year, then adjusting the drop rates so they reasonably match the actual expected within a deviation or two.

If you attempt to straw man the argument again, (Cause this is already the second time in as many posts AFTER pushing forward two posts of insults) you've demonstrated that you're not actually interested in a discussion and are trying to push a narrative without an iota of respect, and you will be given the amount of respect as you are due.

You can keep the DL live system as is, actually, if you modelled completion to something relatively SANE. 80 hours or more PER EVENT is not sane by any measure, and you know it, because you haven't attempted to defend that point.

So apparently what I said wasn't a solution. Include a drop floor, improve the drop rates. This WOULD improve the game substantially, because a greater deal of reliability would be there, because even now with the changes, it's a wild roller coaster. (Ask some of the other players. They moved the goal posts slightly, but well, the problem is in the drop mechanics.)

Incidentally, get a translator, and catch.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%83%90%E3%83%B3%E3%83%80%E3%82%A4%E3%83%8A%E3%83%A0%E3%82%B3%E3%82%A8%E3%83%B3%E3%82%BF%E3%83%BC%E3%83%86%E3%82%A4%E3%83%B3%E3%83%A1%E3%83%B3%E3%83%88-%E3%82%A2%E3%82%A4%E3%83%89%E3%83%AB%E3%83%9E%E3%82%B9%E3%82%BF%E3%83%BC-%E3%83%97%E3%83%A9%E3%83%81%E3%83%8A%E3%82%B9%E3%82%BF%E3%83%BC%E3%82%BA/dp/B01DVJMI0Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1477468617&sr=8-1&keywords=%E3%82%A2%E3%82%A4%E3%83%89%E3%83%AB%E3%83%9E%E3%82%B9%E3%82%BF%E3%83%BC+%E3%83%97%E3%83%A9%E3%83%81%E3%83%8A%E3%82%B9%E3%82%BF%E3%83%BC%E3%82%BA

If you're wondering that's the amazon.jp page for Platinum stars.

Read through all of it, and don't be surprised if you find out the RNG put you on the good side of the game.

There's more of course, including things I'm not allowed to disclose due to commercial in confidence, but let's put it this way - When a game puts off someone who really loves the game to the point they're willing to pull a BUSINESS DEAL with NBGI over it, you might have a tiny problem with the model. (Incidentally, this deal nearly being pulled prompted the changes.)

Games are streamed at www.hitbox.tv/Aliciana/
No focus, any platform, suggestions welcome

Currently accepting Platinum Stars requests: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2575.0

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2415 - My technical notes on good quality recording.

Taylor_Omnom115

• Apprentice
  • hi
    • View Profile
    • IDOLM@STER CHANNEL
« Reply #102 on: October 28, 2016, 06:20:44 am »
Here's a new DL LIVE!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Boraa_SIboU (DL LIVE is at 0:55)
My IM@S channel (Taking Requests for Platinum Stars)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAadVImldINLKw37zb1b-2A

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 08, 2016, 04:36:27 pm »
the accessories of the latest DL live are interesting, they give skills in slots where they weren't available before, most notably you can get 100 chain bonus on the arm slot now.
This means, it's now possible to use drive trio and 100 chain bonus at the same time, before that it was only possible when you could use certain S rank costumes which have the 100 chain bonus.
And by using the F rank tiara, you can still keep the charge level which usually is on the arm slot. So that's an extra 2100 to 3500 points through this accessory for people who are struggling to clear the DL lives, and it's easy to get since it comes from the first event of the new DL live iirc (or maybe the second)

Hime Idol

• Ohimechin is life!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #104 on: November 11, 2016, 06:47:11 pm »
DL Live 11th has been announced. The recolor is actually very nice looking. I really like the necklace from this one.

http://idolmaster.jp/blog/?p=24326
I'd appreciate any help anyone has to offer. The games and DLCs are very expensive and I'd really appreciate whatever you guys can send. My PayPal.Me link: paypal.me/HimeIdol