Username: Password:

Author Topic: DL Lives  (Read 17114 times)

Hime Idol

• Ohimechin is life!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
Re: DL Lives
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2016, 06:36:31 pm »
Sorry Naryoril but I can't stay silent anymore. (And sorry Setsuna if I'm intruding.) But Naryoril you are basically saying to me, Setsuna, and others who want to do requests and complete this game 100% a really big "fuck you" with a nice middle finger attached to it. Besides requests I also make videos that I can enjoy for myself. So I guess it's: "Oh well get over it if you can't get everything. You only literally pay thousands of dollars/yen to Namco for DLC material. So get over it that the drop rates are low at least you're getting mostly recolored free stuff so far." Yeah I should be thankful that Namco can't even bother to make unique outfits anymore even though they get millions of dollars/yen from im@s fans all over the world. They have the money and resources to do it but they won't. More money in their pockets if they don't spend and more money they'll make by making the DL Live drops nearly impossible unless you buy the p-drops. I played one day 8 hours straight and didn't drop one thing from the 1st DL Live. Then used 150 p-drops in 3 separate lives and only got one Bunny Ring, one Bunny Garter, and four Punk Goth outfits in three drops and the second one didn't have one DL Live item in it and I didn't even get 1 gold present in that one. But yeah I should be thankful to Namco for making me spend money on "free" material if I want to unlock everything without having to play 500+hours on the DL Lives alone. I already did that with OFA.

On the Japanese wiki for the game someone actually did the % number for the gold drops, it's 0.8%. We don't even have a 1% chance to get gold presents. I can only imagine that DL Lives have an ever lower number. Though silver presents can hold the accessories as well but the outfits are only gold drops. I was lucky enough to naturally drop Aurora Diva yesterday after a solo live with Miki. It was only the third "natural" gold present I ever dropped without p-drops but never naturally dropped the DL Live accessories or outfits yet.
http://gametter.com/platinum-stars/TIPS_C_06.html

Namco solely made these DL Lives to make money off the p-drops, no one can dispute that. What we can dispute is that we do not need to be thankful for these non-free DL Lives. In the end they are not free, they are craftily designed money makers for greedy Namco. Even though I LOVE im@s I'm very tempted to make this the very last im@s game I ever buy. Namco is getting ridiculous with the money grabbing tactics. I spent over $1,600 on OFA (excluding mail, money, and DLC guest idols) and I fear PS will only be worse with the expensive but content-light DLCs and the not so free DL Lives. I can only hope if we do ever get a proper im@s3 it'll be better executed than PS's structure. OFA had a great gameplay structure (you had jobs to complete in a set time and actually needed strategy to beat opponents) but PS has the superior graphics (duh PS4 after all). I can only hope that im@s3 will be a combination of the OFA gameplay structure along with PS graphics, if ever released and if I'm still willing to throw money at Namco at that point.
I'd appreciate any help anyone has to offer. The games and DLCs are very expensive and I'd really appreciate whatever you guys can send. My PayPal.Me link: paypal.me/HimeIdol

Reikuo

• Apprentice
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2016, 07:39:49 pm »
Namco solely made these DL Lives to make money off the p-drops, no one can dispute that. What we can dispute is that we do not need to be thankful for these non-free DL Lives. In the end they are not free, they are craftily designed money makers for greedy Namco. Even though I LOVE im@s I'm very tempted to make this the very last im@s game I ever buy. Namco is getting ridiculous with the money grabbing tactics. I spent over $1,600 on OFA (excluding mail, money, and DLC guest idols) and I fear PS will only be worse with the expensive but content-light DLCs and the not so free DL Lives. I can only hope if we do ever get a proper im@s3 it'll be better executed than PS's structure. OFA had a great gameplay structure (you had jobs to complete in a set time and actually needed strategy to beat opponents) but PS has the superior graphics (duh PS4 after all). I can only hope that im@s3 will be a combination of the OFA gameplay structure along with PS graphics, if ever released and if I'm still willing to throw money at Namco at that point.
The concept of pdrops is great originally, its DLC that a small minority of the community pays for that everyone is able to have access too. Now if there really is only 12 planned, and based on how fast they are coming out and frankly how cruddy DL Live 2 and 3 are, its clear this is just launch content being released after the fact.

Everyone knows the drop rates are atrocious, which is really where all the arguments start and stop. Honestly there are just not enough items in this game to even have a drop rate system.

As for paying that much for DLC, well at the end of the day what do you really expect? They are just taking advantage of IM@S fans because they have proven they will pay these prices. The new Dark Souls 3 DLC was announced with new weapons, armor, magic, bosses and a new area and new PvP map all for 1200 yen. Meanwhile the miracle dance hall outfit is 1500 yen with none of the accessory's. Respectfully, you paying those outlandish prices makes you a brick in the foundation that created the current state of Platinum Stars.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 07:43:41 pm by Reikuo »
PSN Reikuo

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2016, 08:28:18 pm »
But Naryoril you are basically saying to me, Setsuna, and others who want to do requests and complete this game 100% a really big "fuck you" with a nice middle finger attached to it.

No, i'm not, how many times do i have to explain that? I fully agree that the present drop system with these probabilities completely sucks. But this system is there entirely independent of the DL lives, it is not just a DL live problem and it isn't the DL live's fault.

If you hate these DL lives so much, what would you rather have? Not have the items the DL lives contain at all, so it's easier to reach 100% of the items, even if that means you will have less options to make your videos? The people complaining about the lack of variety in costumes and accessories won't be happy about that, not to mention that it doesn't make sense to wish for less options for the videos (especially since 2 of 6 items are guaranteed after 4 lives). Or would you like to have these items integrated into the game right off the bat, without the DL lives? And if so, in what manner? Having them in separate lives like it is now? That doesn't change anything in the current state of affairs except for the fact that it is all available right now, but you wouldn't save any time to get all 100% of the items. Or would you like to have these items in the normal drop pool? That would make getting 100% even more difficult.

So what would you change about the DL lives that would make things better for you and everyone else? The present drop system and the p drop bait that comes with it is NOT an issue just of the DL lives, it's an issue of the whole game. THAT's what i have been saying all the time. Don't blame the DL lives for that, if there were no DL lives things wouldn't be better for you or anyone else.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 08:30:51 pm by Naryoril »

Roswell

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2016, 10:18:18 pm »
Those problems, although independent of DL lives and affects a core of the game itself, still affect DL lives very deeply and make DL lives themselves function very sloppily as a result.The solution is to obviously change the drop rates and produce less recolor and more unique outfits, even if it's at the expense of less DL lives in the long run. You're defending DL lives for no reason other than they're "free" and that namco is somehow throwing us a bone with them.

And how do you know that things wouldn't be better without DL lives at all? Perhaps they never introduced the idea of extending the game's game time with peridocally released events AND ACTUALLY CREATED THE BASE SET COSTUMES WITH MORE VARIETY TO START. If they planned DL lives well beforehand, they could very well have stiffed us with the base set so that we would spend money on p drops to get these DL live costumes that are seemingly "free".
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 10:23:37 pm by Roswell »

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2016, 10:42:45 pm »
Those problems, although independent of DL lives and affects a core of the game itself, still affect DL lives very deeply and make DL lives themselves function very sloppily as a result.The solution is to obviously change the drop rates and produce less recolor and more unique outfits, even if it's at the expense of less DL lives in the long run. You're defending DL lives for no reason other than they're "free" and that namco is somehow throwing us a bone with them.

And how do you know that things wouldn't be better without DL lives at all? Perhaps they never introduced the idea of extending the game's game time with peridocally released events AND ACTUALLY CREATED THE BASE SET COSTUMES WITH MORE VARIETY TO START. If they planned DL lives well beforehand, they could very well have stiffed us with the base set so that we would spend money on p drops to get these DL live costumes that are seemingly "free".

You are talking about the costumes now, but the costumes from the DL lives are not affected by the drop issue at all, only the accessories are. Ex clearing the C rank of a DL lives gives you the C rank costume guaranteed, ex clearing the A rank gives you the S rank costume guaranteed. There is absolutely no reason to spend money on P drops to get the costumes, so yes, the costumes are indeed free.

And if all these items were added to the game right from the start and not bit by bit through DL lives, that wouldn't help the completionists with the accessories either, they would still need to acquire them all through drops, tempting them to buy p drops to speed up the process. So even assuming all the Dl live content is already completed, the only drawback of the DL lives is that not all items are available right off the bat, acquiring the items and all the issues that come with it (spending time and/or lots of money on p drops) wouldn't be better if the items were included in the base game.

Roswell

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2016, 10:51:38 pm »
You're still not giving any reasons as to why DL lives should be free of criticism. If it's ridden with the same problems as the game, why can we complain about the base set costumes' lack of variety and the drop rates of regular lives being horrific but when we complain about them in regards to DL lives, you're giving a much more negative reaction towards those complaints?

And I was not saying the costumes were affected by drop rates. I do recognize that they are separate issues, but they are both issues that DL lives are encountering as well as the non-DL portions of the game. Whether you like it or not, fans (completionists, cataloguers, or otherwise) are having a hard time enjoying these aspects of the game, including the DL lives. People are only focusing on the DL lives more now (and as a result complaining about them more) because they keep coming out with more versus people have already experienced what the base set has to offer.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 10:56:10 pm by Roswell »

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2016, 11:26:30 pm »
I am defending the DL lives because nobody could bring up any real issue which was actually caused by them, and which would be better if the DL lives didin't exist.

The only drawback that might be caused by the DL lives is that the base game might contain less items because of them, but that's pure speculation. And even then, that's no reason to complain about the DL lives being released in quick succession. On contrary, everyone unhappy about the low amount of costumes and accessories should hope for the DL lives to be released as soon as possible, since they help relieve that problem.

But it seems there are 2 camps here: The ones blame the DL lives that there are not enough costumes and accessories in the game (thus there not being enough variety), and the others blame the DL lives that there are too many costumes and accessories in the game (thus it being too hard to get every single item).

Roswell

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 23, 2016, 11:36:15 pm »
...or people just don't like how the DL lives are being played out and wished they were handled differently. The same way we feel about other aspects of the game.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 23, 2016, 11:46:36 pm »
...or people just don't like how the DL lives are being played out and wished they were handled differently. The same way we feel about other aspects of the game.

Only that those people never said what they don't like, not to mention how they want them to be handled. The DL lives, not the drop system.

Roswell

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 23, 2016, 11:48:41 pm »
Only that those people never said what they don't like, not to mention how they want them to be handled. The DL lives, not the drop system.

The DL lives use the drop system so if the drop system is problematic so are the DL lives, I don't understand how that's so hard to understand. Less recolors, better drop rates. Bam, DL lives are a lot more appealing.

You can't talk about DL lives without talking about drop rates. The whole point of the DL lives is to get more costumes and accessories, the latter of which are 100% depedent on drop rates.

People have been complaining about the two recolors in the last 3 DL lives and Setsuna even detailed the math for you about drop rates of DL live accessories and yet somehow nobody mentioned what the problems with DL lives are?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 11:52:24 pm by Roswell »

Rin

• Apprentice
  • 初めて会った日、覚えてますか?
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 24, 2016, 12:04:52 am »
I think everyone should just stop. What is the point of dragging this out any more? And how much longer would it go on for? This topic seems pretty ruined now and I don't even know where any of this is going to go from here.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 01:49:53 am by Rin »
What will I paint on the pure-white tomorrow that spreads to its limit?
What will I paint on the tomorrow dyed pitch-black by reality?
Through struggle, we shine.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 24, 2016, 12:26:20 am »
yeah, let's stop it here. it doesn't look like we can get our arguments across to each other. Keep on blaming the game's faults on the DL lives and hating them if you want to, i'm going to continue to enjoy them and be happy they exist.

Nagi

• Apprentice
  • #1 Dearly StarsP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 26, 2016, 02:46:26 am »
A hint of the next DL Live appears to have been revealed. It will be a BRAND NEW costume, and like DL Live 1, this one is a DL Live based on a DLC song (OVERMASTER!!!!). Apparently, the costume looks like a renewed version of Beyond the Stars? At least that's what I think, it reminds me of Hibiki's version of the costume but a bit different. I really want it. I wonder if it will have color variants (or if they will include different variants like the original Beyond the Stars, even though I doubt it). Here's the picture: https://twitter.com/zerahearts/status/768838573109817345

Adz0086

• Apprentice
  • Hibiki's English name is Sound
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 26, 2016, 04:14:04 am »
A hint of the next DL Live appears to have been revealed. It will be a BRAND NEW costume, and like DL Live 1, this one is a DL Live based on a DLC song (OVERMASTER!!!!). Apparently, the costume looks like a renewed version of Beyond the Stars? At least that's what I think, it reminds me of Hibiki's version of the costume but a bit different. I really want it. I wonder if it will have color variants (or if they will include different variants like the original Beyond the Stars, even though I doubt it). Here's the picture: https://twitter.com/zerahearts/status/768838573109817345
Overmaster as the live song and costumes that look like beyond the stars? This has Project Fairy written all over it ;D ;D

Nagi

• Apprentice
  • #1 Dearly StarsP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 26, 2016, 04:49:50 am »
Overmaster as the live song and costumes that look like beyond the stars? This has Project Fairy written all over it ;D ;D
And as a Project FairyP, I couldn't be happier! Haha