Username: Password:

Author Topic: THE iDOLM@STER Platinum Stars Gameplay Thread  (Read 56868 times)

Adz0086

• Apprentice
  • Hibiki's English name is Sound
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 04:13:24 am by Adz0086 »

suzushinayuriko

• Witness my true power!
    • View Profile
Re: THE iDOLM@STER Platinum Stars Gameplay Thread
« Reply #301 on: October 05, 2016, 05:43:20 am »
After listening to all the solos, here's what I have to say:

- What the hell happened to Hibiki? What the hell happened to MIKI?! Futami Twins also sound awful, Iori's a little less so. Was everyone told to sing the song with as much strain on their voices as possible? Some parts of Haruka's are pretty smooth, some are kind of bad, which is standard Haruka fare. But even she's easier to listen to than most of these, which is saying something.

- I dislike Ritsuko and Yayoi's singing and don't listen to them enough to make a good comparison. I'll just skip over them without commenting.

- Makoto's starts off with a little strain, but soon after it's like she just says "fuck it" to whatever directions they gave and absolutely nails it her own way (that "sono koe ga fureru hodo ni", ahhh). Her solos in Platinum Stars have been on fire.

- Chihaya on the other hand is straining her voice yet again.

- Yukiho's a little squeaky but still good. Azusa's fine, it actually feels like the song fits her type of voice for once. Takane's always god-tier.

Song itself is really good, but I'm just a bit bummed out about half the solos being subpar.

Also is anyone hearing like, really scratchy static voices singing in the background when the chorus hits? Why was that even necessary?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 05:49:53 am by suzushinayuriko »

Reikuo

• Apprentice
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 05, 2016, 06:27:28 am »
As far as I can tell the new DL outfit is the ultra super omega rare drop and the accessory's are given to you, all except the legs entirely useless skill wise. Clearly they have not heard complaints, and pdrop sales must be very poor so they have now made it so you buy the pdrops in hopes for the outfit rather then the accessorys. Definitely never buying pdrops, and I will be buying all future installments used unfortunately. So we got 2 unique outfits in addition to what was in the base game, still making the costume selection absolute dribble. The DLC outfits are useless, on top of outlandishly priced, considering you cant use them unless you want to gain a super low amount of fans.

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 05, 2016, 07:08:49 am »
After listening to all the solos, here's what I have to say:

- What the hell happened to Hibiki? What the hell happened to MIKI?! Futami Twins also sound awful, Iori's a little less so. Was everyone told to sing the song with as much strain on their voices as possible? Some parts of Haruka's are pretty smooth, some are kind of bad, which is standard Haruka fare. But even she's easier to listen to than most of these, which is saying something.

- I dislike Ritsuko and Yayoi's singing and don't listen to them enough to make a good comparison. I'll just skip over them without commenting.

- Makoto's starts off with a little strain, but soon after it's like she just says "fuck it" to whatever directions they gave and absolutely nails it her own way (that "sono koe ga fureru hodo ni", ahhh). Her solos in Platinum Stars have been on fire.

- Chihaya on the other hand is straining her voice yet again.

- Yukiho's a little squeaky but still good. Azusa's fine, it actually feels like the song fits her type of voice for once. Takane's always god-tier.

Song itself is really good, but I'm just a bit bummed out about half the solos being subpar.

Also is anyone hearing like, really scratchy static voices singing in the background when the chorus hits? Why was that even necessary?
Man, you hit the nail on the head. I love Miki's voice usually, but this is her worst solo since Kyun Vampire Girl.

Hibiki almost sounds like early SP Hibiki. It's weird.

And idk if it's the videos I'm seeing, but the BGM for this song just seems really low quality...

Hime Idol

• Ohimechin is life!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #304 on: October 05, 2016, 07:47:32 am »
I'm guessing Namco must have given up with the p-drop sales as we now get all of the accessories after each initial live. Either that or they found out about the CronusMax everyone is now using.
Well looks like DL Lives will be much easier considering we just have to drop the outfits now. Just have to finish up getting the accessories from the fifth and sixth and I can start working on getting the last two S-Ranked outfits to Platinum the game finally.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 08:43:53 am by Hime Idol »
I'd appreciate any help anyone has to offer. The games and DLCs are very expensive and I'd really appreciate whatever you guys can send. My PayPal.Me link: paypal.me/HimeIdol

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 05, 2016, 09:21:12 am »
Hello people!!!
I need a little help
I'm about 150 hours in the game, S rank with Iori and almost with Miki and Yayoi, EX cleared all lives, plus DL ones
I have all accessories and outfits except the Aurora Diva and some A, but no training wear, that's a grade F...
It's a random gift by presents or i missed something?

You are a very lucky person... I still only got 1 S rank costume drop so far.

As for your question: the training wear also drops from gold presents.

Virgofall

• *curtsy*
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 05, 2016, 10:09:42 am »
Ritsuko's was pretty surprising for me - she runs into the same issue Chihaya has with overstraining sometimes, but not so much here. She actually sounds pretty nice, at least to my ears; at least the four M@STER VERSION idols sound decent enough (I generally agree with the assessment of the other three).

Yayoi... well, it's standard Yayoi fare, maybe slightly less shrill than usual, and I feel like she performs a little bit better here as a whole than she does over on Boku-tachi no Resistance... but that's more a comparison of "typical Yayoi singing" than compared to other idols' voices. I'd rank it as above Futamis/Iori at least.

I can't say I hear a whole lot of bad quality from the game versions of songs this go, but that's probably because the loudness war is pretty noticable with this batch in the M@STERs... A lot of the appeal of Miracle Night, I feel, was lost as a result, and I'm a little concerned for Amaterasu.

Roswell

• View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 05, 2016, 06:32:00 pm »
I don't really hear as much out of the ordinary although Miki's solo is shockingly bad. Maybe the song is in a pretty high key and it's affecting the ones that already sing with a high voice?

Adz0086

• Apprentice
  • Hibiki's English name is Sound
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 05, 2016, 11:35:35 pm »
I feel like the ones that did good on this song are the ones that have the low-mid voice ranges, since it's a cute and high key song, the ones that have a high voice range didn't do well since they sound so shrill, just a speculation though.

ZechsM

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 06, 2016, 12:32:57 am »
You are a very lucky person... I still only got 1 S rank costume drop so far.

As for your question: the training wear also drops from gold presents.
Thank you very much!!!
Not very lucky, indeed, because i have only one A rank costume dropped

I also noticed a bad performing, especially the Miki one, in Kyun Vampire Girl's solo, considering the DLC is priced about 9000 yen, it's another shame on Namco

No comment about the ultra rare drop for the last DL outfit, finally a very good one and Namco makes fun of everyone another time

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 06, 2016, 12:53:48 am »
As far as I can tell the new DL outfit is the ultra super omega rare drop and the accessory's are given to you, all except the legs entirely useless skill wise.

This is simply incorrect. The head and arms have charge level 1 and 2, so they are the skills you usually want on these slots. And the necklace is really good for solo lives, where there is no point in wearing drive duo.

Nakiame

• Hibike, Hibiki!
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 06, 2016, 10:15:56 am »
I also noticed a bad performing, especially the Miki one, in Kyun Vampire Girl's solo, considering the DLC is priced about 9000 yen, it's another shame on Namco
It's actually ~6400 yen if you buy everything in catalog 3 (noone sane would ever buy money). Or 1200 for the song only.

No comment about the ultra rare drop for the last DL outfit, finally a very good one and Namco makes fun of everyone another time
The droprate is the same as before. It's just that now you have to grind for 1/5 item instead of 4/5. Getting full set should be noticeably faster!

This is simply incorrect. The head and arms have charge level 1 and 2, so they are the skills you usually want on these slots. And the necklace is really good for solo lives, where there is no point in wearing drive duo.
There's F-ranked tiara with all three charge levels and it's by far the strongest head accessory present in game, so having those skills anywhere else is such  a waste... Leg slot is the only accessory slot where you can actually get to choose a skill.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 06, 2016, 11:03:24 am »
There's F-ranked tiara with all three charge levels and it's by far the strongest head accessory present in game, so having those skills anywhere else is such  a waste... Leg slot is the only accessory slot where you can actually get to choose a skill.

So what do you put on your arms slot when wearing the F rank tiara?

Kimiko

• Producer
  • Hi there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 06, 2016, 11:11:06 am »
So, my best friend stopped playing platinum stars completely. she was the one to introduce me into imas and had every game till now and she says she's never been so dissapointed with an imas game. shes going back to play ofa again to overwrite her bad memories of ps. she even stopped buying the dlc after the first one. she said she didn't want to pay for new songs and costumes if she didn't have fun playing with them later.

I mean I know many were dissapointed with platinum stars, but have you heared of any other players stopping ps ? I mean I don't own a ps4 but I wouldn't play it myself  after I have seen some gameplay and I am not a fan of grinding (except for the live parade event in starlight stage, but that was a lot of fun)

My friend who lives in japan also said he maybe dropping the game because he is just bored out of it know. are any of you feeling the same? It's kinda shame that imas first ps4 title has left so many of my friends dissapointed

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 06, 2016, 11:25:52 am »
So, my best friend stopped playing platinum stars completely. she was the one to introduce me into imas and had every game till now and she says she's never been so dissapointed with an imas game. shes going back to play ofa again to overwrite her bad memories of ps. she even stopped buying the dlc after the first one. she said she didn't want to pay for new songs and costumes if she didn't have fun playing with them later.

I mean I know many were dissapointed with platinum stars, but have you heared of any other players stopping ps ? I mean I don't own a ps4 but I wouldn't play it myself  after I have seen some gameplay and I am not a fan of grinding (except for the live parade event in starlight stage, but that was a lot of fun)

My friend who lives in japan also said he maybe dropping the game because he is just bored out of it know. are any of you feeling the same? It's kinda shame that imas first ps4 title has left so many of my friends dissapointed

It depends on how many hours were invested. If people say they are disappointed in PS because they are bored of it after 150 hours, i really don't understand it. There is absolutely nothing wrong by stopping playing a game after 150 hours, it actually is way more than most other games give you. And by that time you have already done everything there is to do in OfA or Im@s 2. If they are bored after 20 hours, that's a different story.

My guess is that people take "do i get bored before i get the platinum trophy?" as a reference. Getting the platinum trophy takes WAY WAY longer in PS than in the games before, Namco really overdid it there. But do you remember when people were complaining that the platinum trophy was too easy to achieve and there was no trophy for getting all songs to gold status for example? I still think there will be DLC to help with those issues, like the EX episodes for OfA. The newest DL live also helps with a series of lives which give 200k, 300k and 1 million fans each, and another series giving you magazines worth a total of 120 song uses. Unfortunately it doesn't help with the biggest platinum hurdle: getting all S rank costumes from gold drops.