Username: Password:

Author Topic: THE iDOLM@STER Platinum Stars Gameplay Thread  (Read 55424 times)

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
Re: THE iDOLM@STER Platinum Stars Gameplay Thread
« Reply #255 on: September 08, 2016, 08:45:28 am »
Unfortunately, I don't have the required outfit type for DL Live #1 and #4 to get the smiling face.  How did you all get those costume types?  I've been Ex clearing so many lives and yet I never came across those costume types.  Or am I reading it wrong?

Also, for DL lives #2 and #3, I managed to get to the 4th part (A rank live) but the requirement now is too high for me to reach. How did you all beat it?  What level were you on?

To add to what Nakiame said: You get a matching C rank outfit by ex clearing the C rank DL live, and another copy of the same costume by ex clearing the B rank live. Then by ex clearing the A rank, you get a matching S rank costume.

I easily completed the first DL live by reaching 5 hearts with Yukiho, and having her on omoide rank 20, while i had Azusa and Takane on omoide rank 15. Burst doesn't matter nearly as much, omoide is much more important for the DL lives, nor does the level make a big difference. It's really mostly about the song, 5 hearts and omoide. Assuming your idols have omoide ranks 20/15/15, getting that 5th heart will result in 3000 to 4000 points extra.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the mail boost just boost your idol's Omoide by 50%? for 1 week.  I don't think it has to do anything with hearts.  Yes, that grind for the 5th heart is very time-consuming.

From all i have seen myself, this is correct.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 08, 2016, 11:08:19 am »
To add to what Nakiame said: You get a matching C rank outfit by ex clearing the C rank DL live, and another copy of the same costume by ex clearing the B rank live. Then by ex clearing the A rank, you get a matching S rank costume.

Oh, I see.  I think I might of misunderstood something.  Whenever, I look at the costume type for any live in general, I try to find a costume that matches that type so that I get the smile face.  So, that part makes sense.

However, for DL live #1 and #4 I saw the required costume type for their respective live, and none of my outfits matched that type that was listed.  So, I thought this was some new costume type that I never got.  But, if that's not the case, then the required costume "type"  you need to use is the actual costume you receive from rank C version of that DL live?  Meaning, use this specific costume only.

So, costumes that have the colored shopping carts are the DL Live outfits?

Sorry, if I sound confused.  I hope I understood everything correctly.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 11:12:04 am by mariokirby »

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 08, 2016, 12:02:26 pm »
Oh, I see.  I think I might of misunderstood something.  Whenever, I look at the costume type for any live in general, I try to find a costume that matches that type so that I get the smile face.  So, that part makes sense.

However, for DL live #1 and #4 I saw the required costume type for their respective live, and none of my outfits matched that type that was listed.  So, I thought this was some new costume type that I never got.  But, if that's not the case, then the required costume "type"  you need to use is the actual costume you receive from rank C version of that DL live?  Meaning, use this specific costume only.

So, costumes that have the colored shopping carts are the DL Live outfits?

Sorry, if I sound confused.  I hope I understood everything correctly.

Yes, you understood it correctly. Basically for DL live 1 and 4 you have to beat the D and C rank lives with the incorrect costume type, and the B and A rank live with the costume you received from the C rank. Once you got the S rank costume from the A rank live, you can repeat the A rank live using that S rank costume, making it much easier to beat.

Even for DL live 2 and 3 the costume you get from the C rank is your best bet for the A rank live since they are the only costumes available with a matching costume type AND image (the correct image triples your omoide appeal score). But beating the D and C rank is easier because you already have the correct costume type.

Btw: You can use the costumes from DL live 1 for events requiring a shiny star type costume, and the costumes from DL live 4 for events requiring a genki musume type costume. You get a prompt that you are using the incorrect costume type though, but you still get the score bonus. Maybe the changed something with the patch that was released last night (i didn't have a chance to test it yet).

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 08, 2016, 12:06:59 pm »
Yes, you understood it correctly. Basically for DL live 1 and 4 you have to beat the D and C rank lives with the incorrect costume type, and the B and A rank live with the costume you received from the C rank. Once you got the S rank costume from the A rank live, you can repeat the A rank live using that S rank costume, making it much easier to beat.

Even for DL live 2 and 3 the costume you get from the C rank is your best bet for the A rank live since they are the only costumes available with a matching costume type AND image (the correct image triples your omoide appeal score). But beating the D and C rank is easier because you already have the correct costume type.

Btw: You can use the costumes from DL live 1 for events requiring a shiny star type costume, and the costumes from DL live 4 for events requiring a genki musume type costume. You get a prompt that you are using the incorrect costume type though, but you still get the score bonus. Maybe the changed something with the patch that was released last night (i didn't have a chance to test it yet).

Also note that if you are really lucky (or you use P-drops to forcibly get lucky) you can actually get the S rank costume before the 4th stage of the DL Live - Gold presents in DL lives have their own drop tables, and yes, as weird as it sounds, you can end up failing a DL live's stage 1, and getting the S rank costume out of that failure, which means you will have the required costume type from the get go.
Games are streamed at www.hitbox.tv/Aliciana/
No focus, any platform, suggestions welcome

Currently accepting Platinum Stars requests: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2575.0

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2415 - My technical notes on good quality recording.

TheBluePhone

• Woo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 08, 2016, 06:27:58 pm »
Unfortunately, I don't have the required outfit type for DL Live #1 and #4 to get the smiling face.  How did you all get those costume types?  I've been Ex clearing so many lives and yet I never came across those costume types.  Or am I reading it wrong? 

Because for All star lives/Medleys, I believe the costume type says could be anything so you can wear whatever you want.  At least that's what I think it means.

Also, for DL lives #2 and #3, I managed to get to the 4th part (A rank live) but the requirement now is too high for me to reach. How did you all beat it?  What level were you on?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the mail boost just boost your idol's Omoide by 50%? for 1 week.  I don't think it has to do anything with hearts.  Yes, that grind for the 5th heart is very time-consuming.
....Oh! I could have sworn someone said that the mail boost increases your heart gain for that week, either way, I still get cute pictures every now and then so it wasn't a total waste, and a 50% Omoide boost is always nice.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 08, 2016, 08:40:40 pm »

I could finally test it now, and patch 1.01 fixed the incorrect warning prompt.

Hinatax01

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 09, 2016, 12:04:19 am »
If you want to sell extras (usually cause you hit max level of the items in question and combining more is pointless):

Go to the p-pad (far right option, the options) and select the first tab (the one that has a diamond in it, top left option on the pad).

You'll see your items.

The L1/R1 tabs will move between items, costumes, and accessories.

Select the costume/accessory that you'd like to sell copies of.

Hit Triangle.

Select which ones you want to sell using Circle.

Hit triangle again, then say yes to the prompt.

If I get that wrong, it's because it might be another button, but you can sell from that screen.

Thank you very much.

Not really sure how I missed that :P

Reikuo

• Apprentice
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 10, 2016, 03:58:50 pm »
Sony Asia Slide Presenting a Host of "PS4 Pro" Supported Titles

http://images.khinsider.com/2016%20Uploads/09/KH2.8_Pro.png

IMAS is on there

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 10, 2016, 09:48:52 pm »
Does anyone know what Kotori's instructions about touch scenes say?  So, far I've been just tapping circle once for touch scenes.  I'll post the screenshot.

Oh, by the way I made it to A rank (Still, got a long way to go for 10 million for the idols I want to see their S rank communication).  And, I don't have 5 hearts yet.  I need to increase my omoide level so I can get that DL live outfit that increases hearts and use it for the paid promotion.  I suppose I could use lessons or equip triple memory appeal so that I get more omoide points per live so I can level omoide faster.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 10:11:58 pm by mariokirby »

mylastgg

« Reply #264 on: September 12, 2016, 10:17:24 am »
I was wondering what to do in the "touching" scenes as well, since my Japanese is awful and I can barely read kana.
After 3/4 touching scenes I imaged that it was not much of a touching but of a "pointing" game where you just get to select one feature of the idol in order to answer a previous question, but these are just my speculations, sorry!

On a side note, is there a patch note log for 1.01? In my wildest dreams I wish they adjusted the costumes drop rate, but I feel like this is going to remain a wild dream, but 3 hours after the patch kicked in I got my first S costume (cosmic one) out of a D rank live (ex clear), I don't know if this might mean something or this is supposed to happen out of luck!

Nakiame

• Hibike, Hibiki!
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 12, 2016, 10:36:31 am »
That touching manual just describes different touching options you have.
1. Tap circle once.
2. Tap circle repeatedly.
3. Hold circle.
4. Move left stick while holding circle.

Though you need to follow the conversation to actually understand which action is required when.

Tharir

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 15, 2016, 02:18:25 am »
Is there a way to turn off the audience when watching PVs?

Hime Idol

• Ohimechin is life!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #267 on: September 15, 2016, 03:55:45 am »
Is there a way to turn off the audience when watching PVs?

In the Settings Menu go down to 歓声 (Cheer - I believe it's the last setting) and set it down to 1. That's the only way to get rid of most of the cheering. You will barely be able to notice it afterwards.
I'd appreciate any help anyone has to offer. The games and DLCs are very expensive and I'd really appreciate whatever you guys can send. My PayPal.Me link: paypal.me/HimeIdol

Taylor_Omnom115

• Apprentice
  • hi
    • View Profile
    • IDOLM@STER CHANNEL
« Reply #268 on: September 18, 2016, 09:37:31 am »
Not sure if this type of stuff goes in here but heres DLC #3

https://youtu.be/7Vp4DEjLCi0
My IM@S channel (Taking Requests for Platinum Stars)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAadVImldINLKw37zb1b-2A

Adz0086

• Apprentice
  • Hibiki's English name is Sound
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 18, 2016, 09:42:01 am »
DLC catalog 3 is out!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Vp4DEjLCi0
The song features Takane, Yukiho, and Azusa
I don't know the name of the new song since it's not translated yet but Kyun! Vampire Girl and Meisou Mind is back and there is also a new outfit!
What do you guys think?
Edit: I just noticed that Taylor already made the post about it while I was typing so I didn't mean to double post :P feel free to tell me if I should take out the post ;D ;D
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 09:47:29 am by Adz0086 »