Username: Password:

Author Topic: THE iDOLM@STER Platinum Stars Gameplay Thread  (Read 54436 times)

Nakiame

• Hibike, Hibiki!
    • View Profile
Re: THE iDOLM@STER Platinum Stars Gameplay Thread
« Reply #225 on: August 25, 2016, 04:26:26 pm »
So I've washed myself with DLC and here's the result:
Overmaster is the best quintet song now with 313 notes total.
Do-Dai has 354 and is on par with Kiramekirari. Now you can choose wich one to use!
Boku-tachi no Resistance is 270 notes, meh, but sounds cool.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 25, 2016, 04:45:40 pm »
*sigh* if only the trophy to get all non dlc songs to legend wouldn't exist, or rather it just said "get 18 (or whatever) songs to legend", i'd love to get overmaster and me ga au toki, but as it stands i probably wouldn't use them.

Reikuo

• Apprentice
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 25, 2016, 05:20:22 pm »
*sigh* if only the trophy to get all non dlc songs to legend wouldn't exist, or rather it just said "get 18 (or whatever) songs to legend", i'd love to get overmaster and me ga au toki, but as it stands i probably wouldn't use them.
Same problem here, I would pick up the new costume but the game wont allow me to use it and farm fans at the same time :' (
PSN Reikuo

Nakiame

• Hibike, Hibiki!
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 25, 2016, 10:30:06 pm »
Don't worry guys! You'll get all your PSN trophies done by the time you get all S-ranked costumes! You'll even get all DLC songs to legend by that time...

DeathStrikr

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 26, 2016, 02:01:03 am »
Don't worry guys! You'll get all your PSN trophies done by the time you get all S-ranked costumes! You'll even get all DLC songs to legend by that time...

Depends on your luck I guess. I've gotten all the S-rank costumes, but still haven't gotten any idols to S rank yet (closest is still 3 mil fans away), and I need something like 2500 more song plays to get everything to Legend >.<. Hopefully I can get more of the magazines to drop..
Question on the all legend trophy, do you need to get the 2 medley songs to legend rank too?

Hime Idol

• Ohimechin is life!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #230 on: August 26, 2016, 02:31:17 am »
Depends on your luck I guess. I've gotten all the S-rank costumes, but still haven't gotten any idols to S rank yet (closest is still 3 mil fans away), and I need something like 2500 more song plays to get everything to Legend >.<. Hopefully I can get more of the magazines to drop..
Question on the all legend trophy, do you need to get the 2 medley songs to legend rank too?

From what I've heard, yes because they are in-game songs.
I'd appreciate any help anyone has to offer. The games and DLCs are very expensive and I'd really appreciate whatever you guys can send. My PayPal.Me link: paypal.me/HimeIdol

Hime Idol

• Ohimechin is life!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #231 on: August 31, 2016, 07:19:39 pm »
Presents are determined the moment you start a live (i'm pretty sure it was already mentioned before) and nothing you've done before or will do after that moment affect how many or how good presents you get. Yep, you'll get the same reward for EX clearing a song and pressing 0 buttons and failing it.

(Meant to ask this earlier and forgot until now.)
So couldn't we just theoretically just keep choosing the same DL Live over and over without needing to actually play it and just wait for the DL accessory to drop in a gold present?
I'd appreciate any help anyone has to offer. The games and DLCs are very expensive and I'd really appreciate whatever you guys can send. My PayPal.Me link: paypal.me/HimeIdol

Nakiame

• Hibike, Hibiki!
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 01, 2016, 07:03:53 am »
(Meant to ask this earlier and forgot until now.)
So couldn't we just theoretically just keep choosing the same DL Live over and over without needing to actually play it and just wait for the DL accessory to drop in a gold present?

Yep, you could do so if you don't need anything but presents.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 01, 2016, 08:52:49 am »
has anyone tested this? It is also possible that the previous week determines the type of present drops you get (of course with some randomness added). If this were the case and they said "no gold presents for failing/not doing anything" then you couldn't farm gold presents like this.

Nakiame

• Hibike, Hibiki!
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 01, 2016, 09:47:18 am »
has anyone tested this? It is also possible that the previous week determines the type of present drops you get (of course with some randomness added). If this were the case and they said "no gold presents for failing/not doing anything" then you couldn't farm gold presents like this.

It's determined when you press "go to stage" button and see loading screen. It is the same moment when p-drops are consumed if you decide to use any.
So, no, previous week doesn't affect your loot in any way.

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 01, 2016, 10:43:00 am »
After further testing we found out that the present dropping phase is determined the seconds before the song starts. The game will autosave at the point it's generated, so...

When I did the initial tests, I rolled back to the beginning of the week, not the beginning of the song - It was a mistake in the testing I was using, although if you do the exact same actions, you WILL get the exact same result, which left me to draw that conclusion.

Once you lock into the song (Namely the moment it autosaves prior to the song load) the results of the drops are locked. Incidentally, this prevents 'p-drops' from being wasted if you lose power etc - the drops are already calculated in at that point, if you resume after quitting.

(So basically you could do some control and time dance to alter a 'bad result' but in all honesty, there's no way for you to know what magic combination is required to force a gold present.)
Games are streamed at www.hitbox.tv/Aliciana/
No focus, any platform, suggestions welcome

Currently accepting Platinum Stars requests: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2575.0

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2415 - My technical notes on good quality recording.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 03, 2016, 08:50:24 am »
Since I recently started the game I'll be having a few questions time to time.  I appreciate the help.

I advanced to Pro quickly in the songs.  However, I'm introduced to d-pad (arrows) notes.  When I press the correct direction on the d-pad, it doesn't register at all.  I went through a few songs before I tried pressing both the d-pad and the corresponding face button when the d-pad note came and it worked.  So, is that what I'm supposed to do?  Press both the d-pad and face button when an arrow note comes?

Nakiame

• Hibike, Hibiki!
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 03, 2016, 09:57:47 am »
Since I recently started the game I'll be having a few questions time to time.  I appreciate the help.

I advanced to Pro quickly in the songs.  However, I'm introduced to d-pad (arrows) notes.  When I press the correct direction on the d-pad, it doesn't register at all.  I went through a few songs before I tried pressing both the d-pad and the corresponding face button when the d-pad note came and it worked.  So, is that what I'm supposed to do?  Press both the d-pad and face button when an arrow note comes?

Yes.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 04, 2016, 12:11:17 am »
1.  So, where do I go to see the previous communications?  I've seen the intro scene and I want to replay it with another choice.  But, I can't find it anywhere.  I'm on week 8.

2.  Is there any items worth buying from the Tailor shop?  I think someone mentioned target support Z, but when does that unlock?

3.  How do I turn off Encore after the lives?

Thanks, Nakiame for answering my previous question.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 12:19:02 am by mariokirby »

Rin

• Apprentice
  • 初めて会った日、覚えてますか?
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 04, 2016, 01:14:26 am »
I'm not sure about the what to buy from the Tailor, I've made it by just fine without anything, but to view communications and other scenes i.e., morning greetings and the like, you'll want to go to the idol status menu where you change your leader out and press Square with your cursor over the idol whose communications you want to see. To turn encores off, go to the 765 pad, to the options menu, then at the first option(translates to 'stage scene skip'), change the setting from the word with three characters to the word with two.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 01:18:13 am by Rin »
What will I paint on the pure-white tomorrow that spreads to its limit?
What will I paint on the tomorrow dyed pitch-black by reality?
Through struggle, we shine.