Username: Password:

Author Topic: THE iDOLM@STER Platinum Stars Gameplay Thread  (Read 54292 times)

Miki Fan

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
Re: THE iDOLM@STER Platinum Stars Gameplay Thread
« Reply #210 on: August 21, 2016, 08:15:52 am »
The number of dice depends on the heart/burst point for your idol plus the costume, you need to change your costume with more hearts to get more dice and easily scored 12.

Thank you for the reply :).  So in the beginning on Week 4, you can't get a perfect since you only have one dice?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 08:18:24 am by Miki Fan »
Where

Rin

• Apprentice
  • 初めて会った日、覚えてますか?
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 21, 2016, 08:37:14 am »
So in the beginning on Week 4, you can't get a perfect since you only have one dice?

You may find that being an issue for a while. The third level of the dice game requires all five for a perfect since you need the maximum number possible, 30. Alternatively, you'll have to use an outfit that gives you extra hearts for more dice if you don't like those odds.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 08:43:24 am by Rin »
What will I paint on the pure-white tomorrow that spreads to its limit?
What will I paint on the tomorrow dyed pitch-black by reality?
Through struggle, we shine.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 21, 2016, 08:50:45 am »
You'll probably want 5 memories(hearts) on your leader as it'll be an extra appeal after you burst, which I believe is affected by the x2 to the points of succeeding notes. Even if it weren't, it's a nice replacement for a normal note, especially with Drive Duo. And you'll definitely want to raise the levels of your other members. I went 52/50/50 with the first DL live and still only EX Cleared the fourth stage after I made the fifth memory.

As far as your outfit and accessories, not much. I'm guessing Pale Sherbet is your best outfit for the type. Only thing is, as suggested by my previous post, unless you're using an outfit that allows for multiple-idol bursts, that Charge lvl isn't really needed and probably could be swapped out for the C rank accessory that gives +10 Burst. I'm not sure if charge levels affect solo Bursts in any way.

I agree that getting a 5th memory appeal will help a lot, it will add your units omoide score * 6 worth of points, so probably something around 4000 points.

I disagree about the accessory though. +10 burst without a burst skill is only 20 points extra, and even if you'd do a quintet burst i'd only be 200 points. The additional appeal on the better accessory is probably worth more.

Another method to add a lot of points is to switch the song. 99 nights is not really good for scoring. Kiramekirari master would net you 3375 points more in combo bonus. Jibun restart, live kakumei de show and visionary would still be 1500 more.  On rank 7 kiramekirari should net you more points than 99 nights on rank 10. This is not something you can do quickly though, unless you have a bunch of magazines lying around.

Song + a 5th heart would probably net you the 7k points you need. If you need an alternative for the song, it would probably be boosting the omoide of hibiki and yukiho. With 5 hearts, in the DL live every point in omoide is worth 21 points score.

For more details on scoring, check this thread:
http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,2515.0.html

Has anyone else gotten like..."Critical Appeals" for lack of better word? Sometimes when I appeal, the numbers will be pink and the appeal will give me a LOT more than it usually does. Is that a skill, or just something random?

Edit: And while I'm asking questions, whats the fastest way to get an idols heart to 5? Just bringing her along to everything?

Afaik there is no such thing. Do you mean the memory appeals? The ones where you have to press X? Or do you mean the notes after the extreme burst?

As for getting an idol to 5 hearts: well, that's what i did. You could boost it a bit by making sure to get her valentine chocolate every year. Towards the end of getting Yukiho to 5 hearts i also did a lot of omoide and burst lessons to get her respective levels to 20. If they give the same amount of heart as a live, this will be faster, simply because the lessons are shorter than a live performance, but it costs money and only affects 1 idol, where a live affects 3 or 5 idols. Personally i'm doing quintet lives to grind hearts, but that works only with the assumption that every live gives the same amount of heart filling.

Thank you for the reply :).  So in the beginning on Week 4, you can't get a perfect since you only have one dice?

Well, you can, if you have the platinum box/limited edition and the costume that came with it, it gives you +1 heart. I wouldn't stress about it too much though.

One thing i noticed is that you get WAY less fans for a good compared to a perfect. For the lvl 3 version of the paid promotion you need 30 points for a perfect, and it will net you 100k fans. I tried it once with an idol with 4 hearts plus the costume from the first DL live with +3 hearts, which results in 7 dice. I only managed to get 27 or so points, and as a result i just got 16000 fans if i'm not sorely mistaken.

In general i'd be happy if someone knew a working strategy to get high score in that dice game, apart from just "get way more dice than you technically need", because i really suck at this minigame. Because of this i have been avoiding it as much as possible. It would be really helpful in getting to S rank though, but for that i need to get 30 points reliably. This is also the main reason why i'm currently working on getting every girl to 5 hearts... Unless they somehow add an option to get +4 hearts instead of "just" +3.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 08:54:14 am by Naryoril »

Miki Fan

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 21, 2016, 10:34:59 am »
You may find that being an issue for a while. The third level of the dice game requires all five for a perfect since you need the maximum number possible, 30. Alternatively, you'll have to use an outfit that gives you extra hearts for more dice if you don't like those odds.
Well, you can, if you have the platinum box/limited edition and the costume that came with it, it gives you +1 heart. I wouldn't stress about it too much though.

Thank you both Rin and Naryoril :)
Where

PurinxPop

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 21, 2016, 07:31:21 pm »
You'll probably want 5 memories(hearts) on your leader as it'll be an extra appeal after you burst, which I believe is affected by the x2 to the points of succeeding notes. Even if it weren't, it's a nice replacement for a normal note, especially with Drive Duo. And you'll definitely want to raise the levels of your other members. I went 52/50/50 with the first DL live and still only EX Cleared the fourth stage after I made the fifth memory.

As far as your outfit and accessories, not much. I'm guessing Pale Sherbet is your best outfit for the type. Only thing is, as suggested by my previous post, unless you're using an outfit that allows for multiple-idol bursts, that Charge lvl isn't really needed and probably could be swapped out for the C rank accessory that gives +10 Burst. I'm not sure if charge levels affect solo Bursts in any way.

I agree that getting a 5th memory appeal will help a lot, it will add your units omoide score * 6 worth of points, so probably something around 4000 points.

I disagree about the accessory though. +10 burst without a burst skill is only 20 points extra, and even if you'd do a quintet burst i'd only be 200 points. The additional appeal on the better accessory is probably worth more.

Another method to add a lot of points is to switch the song. 99 nights is not really good for scoring. Kiramekirari master would net you 3375 points more in combo bonus. Jibun restart, live kakumei de show and visionary would still be 1500 more.  On rank 7 kiramekirari should net you more points than 99 nights on rank 10. This is not something you can do quickly though, unless you have a bunch of magazines lying around.

Song + a 5th heart would probably net you the 7k points you need. If you need an alternative for the song, it would probably be boosting the omoide of hibiki and yukiho. With 5 hearts, in the DL live every point in omoide is worth 21 points score.

For more details on scoring, check this thread:
http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,2515.0.html

Thanks guys. I was afraid of this. Currently, my Miki's heart gauge is halfway to the 5th memory appeal. I heard that buying the idol mail DLC increases the heart gauge at a faster rate, but I want to know how much it increases it by. If I'm already at the halfway point, how much longer would it take if I bought the mail DLC? And is it worth buying at this point?
I upload IDOLM@STER 2 PVs to YT!: http://www.youtube.com/user/GigaxPurin

TheBluePhone

• Woo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 21, 2016, 07:53:15 pm »

Afaik there is no such thing. Do you mean the memory appeals? The ones where you have to press X? Or do you mean the notes after the extreme burst?

Yes, I mean the appeals, but it's BEFORE I burst. I'm not sure how to explain it, but say my single (not duo/trio) appeals hit for 550, sometimes, they will go for 1050, and the number will be pink. This multiplier carries over to the duo/trio appeals too, and they have gotten me some SERIOUSLY huge numbers, like 4000 on a trio appeal.  I'll try and get a screenshot of it next time, but I really don't know HOW I got it to happen, but it's happened about 3 times.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 21, 2016, 10:09:34 pm »
Thanks guys. I was afraid of this. Currently, my Miki's heart gauge is halfway to the 5th memory appeal. I heard that buying the idol mail DLC increases the heart gauge at a faster rate, but I want to know how much it increases it by. If I'm already at the halfway point, how much longer would it take if I bought the mail DLC? And is it worth buying at this point?

I'd say no, the mail DLC doesn't increase the heart gauge. I have the DLC for Yukiho and Azusa, but Takane is ahead of Azusa and the were both used pretty much the same. I found out that the mail boost you sometimes get from these mails adds another 50% to the omoide score of the idol who sent the respective mail for one week.

Yes, I mean the appeals, but it's BEFORE I burst. I'm not sure how to explain it, but say my single (not duo/trio) appeals hit for 550, sometimes, they will go for 1050, and the number will be pink. This multiplier carries over to the duo/trio appeals too, and they have gotten me some SERIOUSLY huge numbers, like 4000 on a trio appeal.  I'll try and get a screenshot of it next time, but I really don't know HOW I got it to happen, but it's happened about 3 times.

So you do mean the memory appeals, the ones where you have to press X?
Then my guess is that it's an event where there also is a costume image (cute, cool, cosmic and clever). Matching the image type triples the score of omoide appeals in that event.

And something else now: I'm trying to figure out how the game calculates the number of fans you get, i have been doing this on solo lives. What i found out:
Ex clear gives you 15% more fans, these 15% are multiplicative with a costume bonus, not additive (so with a 10% fan bonus costume you get 26.5% fans more, not 25%). What confuses me is that there is yet another 15% bonus in there, and i have no idea where it is coming from. It is not the number of hearts (at least 4 or 5 hearts doesn't make a difference), nor is it the costume type (i used a cool trickster type costume for an event that called for a cute idol costume).
As an example: The live has a base of 13200 fans, if i ex clear it with a costume which has +10% fans i get 13200 * 1.15 (ex clear bonus) * 1.1 (costume bonus) * 1.15 (no idea where it's coming from bonus) = 19202 fans.
Any idea where these 15% could be coming from?

« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 10:14:48 pm by Naryoril »

Nakiame

• Hibike, Hibiki!
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 21, 2016, 11:47:08 pm »
About presemts.

Your actions don't affect presents' droprate or quality. Period. (well, not counting p-drops of course)

Presents are determined the moment you start a live (i'm pretty sure it was already mentioned before) and nothing you've done before or will do after that moment affect how many or how good presents you get. Yep, you'll get the same reward for EX clearing a song and pressing 0 buttons and failing it.

Rin

• Apprentice
  • 初めて会った日、覚えてますか?
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 22, 2016, 12:22:44 am »
Yep, you'll get the same reward for EX clearing a song and pressing 0 buttons and failing it.

Are you certain about that? I thought it had been found that you don't get anything for not doing anything in lives, by Setsuna, actually.
What will I paint on the pure-white tomorrow that spreads to its limit?
What will I paint on the tomorrow dyed pitch-black by reality?
Through struggle, we shine.

Nakiame

• Hibike, Hibiki!
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 22, 2016, 01:03:50 am »
Are you certain about that? I thought it had been found that you don't get anything for not doing anything in lives, by Setsuna, actually.

Yeah, I'm sure about it. I've checked it and you can check it youself if you want.
Start a live. Close the game. Copy your save to USB. Load. Clear a live with perfect result. See what you got and remember it. Now close the game. Retrieve the save from USB. Fail live without any button presses. See what you get... the items are the same.

Reikuo

• Apprentice
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 22, 2016, 05:02:06 am »
Does anyone know what would happen if you got a new PS4 and tried to play a save file for a US/EU account that had purchased DLC and catalog DLC without having the catalogs or the JP account on the system and set as primary? Im wondering if it has a smart system for still letting you play and keep your stuff for when things get settled or if it would actually mess up and glitch your save.
PSN Reikuo

TheTanStar

• View Profile
    • Twitch.tv Livestream
« Reply #221 on: August 22, 2016, 05:59:34 pm »
Based on the previous games, the game would either force you to have the DLCs loaded on the system or change your costumes/accessories to defaults.

Adz0086

• Apprentice
  • Hibiki's English name is Sound
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 25, 2016, 05:28:15 am »
Bokutachi no resistance gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PL0-9M6W_i8AAqtYmDN_NrzMCQmlrQ-2Lo&v=rnH_KVkBaX8
What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 05:41:20 am by Adz0086 »

Reikuo

• Apprentice
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 25, 2016, 05:42:41 am »
Bokutachi no resistance gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PL0-9M6W_i8AAqtYmDN_NrzMCQmlrQ-2Lo&v=rnH_KVkBaX8
What do you guys think?
I think its pretty great. Wish this would have been in the main game instead of Show personally. Still waiting for Only My Note and Music.
PSN Reikuo

Nakiame

• Hibike, Hibiki!
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 25, 2016, 06:08:35 am »
What do you guys think?
Wow you are fast.
It reminds me Fate of the World and Seizon Honnou Valkyria both at the same time, so I think I will like it.