Username: Password:

Author Topic: THE iDOLM@STER Platinum Stars Gameplay Thread  (Read 54571 times)

Hinatax01

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
Re: THE iDOLM@STER Platinum Stars Gameplay Thread
« Reply #195 on: August 19, 2016, 03:58:42 am »
Just a heads up for anyone trying to get a bunch of fans, the fan bonuses from outfits/accessories don't stack.

I tried using the new DL live outfit with the 10% increase glasses but the game only applied the 15% from the outfit (even though both show up in the skill list)

It's annoying that the one thing that could help speed up getting to S rank (stacking bonuses) doesn't work :C
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 04:29:10 am by Hinatax01 »

Adz0086

• Apprentice
  • Hibiki's English name is Sound
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 19, 2016, 05:42:20 am »
New DLC catalog has been announced! AND IT INCLUDES OVERMASTER!!! It doesn't include Beyond the Stars tho... I hope that what Naryoril said becomes actually true and next DL Live's costume matches Overmaster.

Oh yes! Catalog also includes Do-Dai and the actual DLC Catalog's song: "Our Resistance". I think it is new?? (I didn't hear about it till now). Also, the costume is also matching the song.
Trailer can be found here: https://youtu.be/VTyILNb7PGc

I'm liking the new song ;D it kinda sounds like an upbeat version of Fate of the world, it also sounds like an opening for an anime.
It seems that Chihaya, Hibiki, and Miki will be performing the M@STER versions for this song, I can't wait ;D
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 05:53:47 am by Adz0086 »

Rin

• Apprentice
  • 初めて会った日、覚えてますか?
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 19, 2016, 04:28:25 pm »
Just a heads up for anyone trying to get a bunch of fans, the fan bonuses from outfits/accessories don't stack.

I tried using the new DL live outfit with the 10% increase glasses but the game only applied the 15% from the outfit (even though both show up in the skill list)

It's annoying that the one thing that could help speed up getting to S rank (stacking bonuses) doesn't work :C

I mean, to be fair, there is the camp wear outfit that gives +50% to fans but I don't know if it's available to everyone and you take a massive hit to your appeal stat since it's rank F, as well as it having no other bonuses. It's still pretty good late game when all your idols are really high levels. I get over 500k fans from the S rank AllStar Live/Medley with it.

But again I haven't seen if everyone can get it, apologies it that isn't the case. I think I heard that only those who pre-ordered the download version can have it, question mark?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 06:33:01 pm by Rin »
What will I paint on the pure-white tomorrow that spreads to its limit?
What will I paint on the tomorrow dyed pitch-black by reality?
Through struggle, we shine.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 19, 2016, 04:58:46 pm »
I think everyone should be able to get it, because all other DLC costumes have the shopping cart symbol. That said, i still don't have it. Do you remember how you got it? Assuming you mean No. 31

Rin

• Apprentice
  • 初めて会った日、覚えてますか?
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 19, 2016, 05:07:01 pm »
In that case, I may have been mistaken. I got it from a random Gold present. If it shows up in your list of outfits on your 765 Pad, then I'm pretty sure you can have it.

TheBluePhone

• Woo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 19, 2016, 11:39:49 pm »
How do you do trio appeals and extreme bursts? For a while I could do the latter, but suddenly stopped being able to do that.

Also, is there a site like imas2.wota.info for Platinum Stars yet? Might be handy to have a lot of translated info hanging around.

Rin

• Apprentice
  • 初めて会った日、覚えてますか?
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 20, 2016, 12:28:57 am »
How do you do trio appeals and extreme bursts? For a while I could do the latter, but suddenly stopped being able to do that.

Also, is there a site like imas2.wota.info for Platinum Stars yet? Might be handy to have a lot of translated info hanging around.

There's a Pastebin, anyway.

http://pastebin.com/Wa3ApYbM

For multi-idol bursts, you need an outfit that allows it, first off. It'll have an effect written as デュオバースト for Duo Bursts(assuming you can't read Katakana, apologies if you can), トリオバースト for Trio Bursts, and クインテットバースト for Quintet Bursts. Duo Bursts require at least the effect チャージ Lv1 which is charge level 1, Trio Bursts require at least チャージ Lv2, and Quintets need to have チャージ Lv3. Thing is though, Trio Bursts require both charge level 1 and 2, and Quintet Bursts need all 3. You generate these charge levels during lives by successfully doing memory appeals with X when they show up. Side note, the number of hearts your leader has is also the number of appeals you can do during a live. And as far as I know, Extreme Burst doesn't mean much in the way of the number of idols involved.

For multi-idol appeals, you need to have either ドライブデュオ, ドライブトリオ, or ドライクインテット, which are Drive Duo, Trio and Quintet respectively. They make it so your appeals include the number of idols they list. They're simply for more points, though. So basically the reason you can't do them any more is you aren't using an accessory that allows you to, that's all.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 04:57:05 am by Rin »

TheBluePhone

• Woo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 20, 2016, 12:38:43 am »
Ah okay, thanks for explaining!

Reikuo

• Apprentice
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 20, 2016, 07:00:37 am »
If your not a very big S4U user, is there much reason to get the DLC outfit? I have been wanting to get Miracle Night but I keep holding off because I figure I may as well get the outfit for it. I like it a lot but it just seems pointless with how the game picks what you wear basically. I could get two songs for the price of the bundle.
PSN Reikuo

PurinxPop

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 21, 2016, 02:28:38 am »
If your not a very big S4U user, is there much reason to get the DLC outfit? I have been wanting to get Miracle Night but I keep holding off because I figure I may as well get the outfit for it. I like it a lot but it just seems pointless with how the game picks what you wear basically. I could get two songs for the price of the bundle.

It's a good starter outfit, like Antique Star. But if you're already far into the game then I see no point getting it if you're not using it for S4U.

So, I lucked out and ended up getting Rouge Noire Q and 3 of the 4 accessories in 24 P drops and now I'm trying to obtain Sweet Pop Flower (without using P drops).
However, this DL live is proving to be much more difficult than the last, especially with the crappy C-Rank outfit we get. I don't know how you guys manage to get gold presents.

Could someone please tell me how much more training I would need to reach the 58k mark for the A-Rank live with these stats and coordinates?

Idols:

Miki (A)
Memory Appeal 4
Lv 61
Burst Rank 20
Omoide Rank 20

Hibiki (A)
Memory Appeal 4
Lv 47
Burst Rank 15
Omoide Rank 15

Yukiho (A)
Memory Appeal 4
Lv 46
Burst Rank 15
Omoide Rank 15

Coord:

Pale Sherbert (C)
Appeal +10%
Fan +5%

Kitten in Nightmare (A)
Charge Lv1

To the Nightmare Wings (A)
Drive Duo

Chronicle Accessory (B)
Appeal +20

Twilight Anklet (?)
Chain Bonus 100

Song:

99 Nights (Master) (Legend)

I can score 51k with this setup. I tried swapping the twilight anklet for the marching hare garter (which has the drive trio skill), but I got a lower score.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 02:31:47 am by PurinxPop »
I upload IDOLM@STER 2 PVs to YT!: http://www.youtube.com/user/GigaxPurin

Rin

• Apprentice
  • 初めて会った日、覚えてますか?
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 21, 2016, 03:09:19 am »
Could someone please tell me how much more training I would need to reach the 58k mark for the A-Rank live with these stats and coordinates?

Idols:

Miki (A)
Memory Appeal 4
Lv 61
Burst Rank 20
Omoide Rank 20

Hibiki (A)
Memory Appeal 4
Lv 47
Burst Rank 15
Omoide Rank 15

Yukiho (A)
Memory Appeal 4
Lv 46
Burst Rank 15
Omoide Rank 15

You'll probably want 5 memories(hearts) on your leader as it'll be an extra appeal after you burst, which I believe is affected by the x2 to the points of succeeding notes. Even if it weren't, it's a nice replacement for a normal note, especially with Drive Duo. And you'll definitely want to raise the levels of your other members. I went 52/50/50 with the first DL live and still only EX Cleared the fourth stage after I made the fifth memory.

Coord:

Pale Sherbert (C)
Appeal +10%
Fan +5%

Kitten in Nightmare (A)
Charge Lv1

To the Nightmare Wings (A)
Drive Duo

Chronicle Accessory (B)
Appeal +20

Twilight Anklet (?)
Chain Bonus 100

As far as your outfit and accessories, not much. I'm guessing Pale Sherbet is your best outfit for the type. Only thing is, as suggested by my previous post, unless you're using an outfit that allows for multiple-idol bursts, that Charge lvl isn't really needed and probably could be swapped out for the C rank accessory that gives +10 Burst. I'm not sure if charge levels affect solo Bursts in any way.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 03:14:26 am by Rin »

TheBluePhone

• Woo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 21, 2016, 04:53:43 am »
Has anyone else gotten like..."Critical Appeals" for lack of better word? Sometimes when I appeal, the numbers will be pink and the appeal will give me a LOT more than it usually does. Is that a skill, or just something random?

Edit: And while I'm asking questions, whats the fastest way to get an idols heart to 5? Just bringing her along to everything?

Hime Idol

• Ohimechin is life!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #207 on: August 21, 2016, 04:54:33 am »
After ungrading to max you still get duplicates.
Didn't pay attention to items, i currently have 10 pieces of, so can't say for sure, but I think you'll get dupes forever.

Any dups you get after getting an outfit or item to level 10 you can sell for cash.
I'd appreciate any help anyone has to offer. The games and DLCs are very expensive and I'd really appreciate whatever you guys can send. My PayPal.Me link: paypal.me/HimeIdol

Miki Fan

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 21, 2016, 05:33:06 am »
Question about the dice game. I'm at the beginning of the game where you have to roll the dice.  To get a perfect you need to get 12 points.  How do I get a perfect in this?
Where

TechiP

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 21, 2016, 06:18:11 am »
Question about the dice game. I'm at the beginning of the game where you have to roll the dice.  To get a perfect you need to get 12 points.  How do I get a perfect in this?

The number of dice depends on the heart/burst point for your idol plus the costume, you need to change your costume with more hearts to get more dice and easily scored 12.