Username: Password:

Author Topic: THE iDOLM@STER Platinum Stars Gameplay Thread  (Read 52155 times)

Hime Idol

• Ohimechin is life!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
Re: THE iDOLM@STER Platinum Stars Gameplay Thread
« Reply #135 on: August 09, 2016, 10:26:45 pm »
So for p-drops I ended up buying 60 of them and used 50 all in one shot for the DL live. I only came out getting the bunny ring from the drop around the 25th present.

Is it better to divide the p-drops for each live (like 20 per live)? Or just do the max you can drop all at once and hope for the best? I'm guessing it's all just pot luck and that dropping more p-drops isn't going to increase the odds of getting the DL items.
I'd appreciate any help anyone has to offer. The games and DLCs are very expensive and I'd really appreciate whatever you guys can send. My PayPal.Me link: paypal.me/HimeIdol

Miki Fan

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 09, 2016, 10:31:52 pm »
I chose Chihaya as my second idol to produce.  But in the first scene, there's a decision that you have to make.  The problem is that every choice that I pick for Chihaya, she is unhappy.  What is the best choice for this decision?

I know the choices in the first scene doesn't affect anything, but I'd like to pick the best choice.
Where

Nakiame

• Hibike, Hibiki!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 09, 2016, 10:41:14 pm »
So for p-drops I ended up buying 60 of them and used 50 all in one shot for the DL live. I only came out getting the bunny ring from the drop around the 25th present.

Is it better to divide the p-drops for each live (like 20 per live)? Or just do the max you can drop all at once and hope for the best? I'm guessing it's all just pot luck and that dropping more p-drops isn't going to increase the odds of getting the DL items.

I think the only thing p-drop does is a guarantee to get "some" present. The chance for a gold one or event drop stays the same.

I chose Chihaya as my second idol to produce.  But in the first scene, there's a decision that you have to make.  The problem is that every choice that I pick for Chihaya, she is unhappy.  What is the best choice for this decision?

I know the choices in the first scene doesn't affect anything, but I'd like to pick the best choice.
I think there are no good or bad choices here, they are just different. You can replay the scene anytime, so there's no point in overthinking it.

bahamut0188

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 09, 2016, 10:50:22 pm »

Like Nakiame said it just guarantees a present. I had 80 p-drops. The most I used at one time was 35 and the second most I used 20. Using p-drops I only got a bunch of consumables and lower ranked costumes and accessories. However without p-drops I got the sranked outfit 5 Times, the ring, and the garter.

Hinatax01

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 10, 2016, 03:45:45 am »
This might sound crazy but I think the key to getting those weird Idolm@ster symbols (which apparently increase the chance of getting presents) is tied to getting perfect timing with your notes.

I'm able to consistently get these symbols from my notes (at least every two or three notes, and usually an entire stream) by adjusting my timing a little bit with my notes.

Since I've started adjusting my timing I've been able to consistently get a present each time (actually just got the S rank DL costume from doing this).

Maybe I'm just getting super lucky, but it's worth looking into :)

Edit:  Nevermind I don't think this is it.  I got these results for five songs in a row but after I tried the last DL event with the S rank costume I couldn't get it to work.  Maybe it is just random.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 03:50:48 am by Hinatax01 »

TheBluePhone

• Woo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 10, 2016, 04:29:30 am »
I can probably get this game on Monday (finally). As far as I know, that leaves me a day and a half to grind up enough to do the DL live for the costume. Am I gonna miss this costume or is it possible if I just grind REALLY hard?

Byuusan

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 10, 2016, 04:52:08 am »
I can probably get this game on Monday (finally). As far as I know, that leaves me a day and a half to grind up enough to do the DL live for the costume. Am I gonna miss this costume or is it possible if I just grind REALLY hard?

It definatley possible if you grind really hard, or get super lucky with present drops.

Reikuo

• Apprentice
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 10, 2016, 04:58:05 am »
Its quite seriously a nasty grind, like drop chances are so low that you would have a good chance of not getting all the pieces if you did 12 hours a day the entire event. Its kinda sad they are whoring this game out to this point but whatever.
PSN Reikuo

TheBluePhone

• Woo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 10, 2016, 05:08:17 am »
I don't really care about the accessories. I just want the outfit. That's a confirmed reward right? How hard would it be to get just that.

Byuusan

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 10, 2016, 05:12:27 am »
I don't really care about the accessories. I just want the outfit. That's a confirmed reward right? How hard would it be to get just that.

- 4-5 hearts on your leader, preferably max Burst and Omoide and >= Level 50
- Two other members around level 50, with at least 15 Burst and Omoide
- Good accessories, especially ones with Drive Duo/Trio, Combo Ups
- A song at Rank 10
- Leader Idol to be a A Rank

That the general idea you want

mallory627

• Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 10, 2016, 05:48:41 am »
Probably a question that's already been answered ((sorry btw)), but how to you get the DL Lives to start? I'm only around level 20 something and I have Makoto and Chihaya at B Rank, as well as a few C and D rank people. Do you have to be A Rank?
I'd have to say that I'm a new Fangirl for Hokuto Ijuiin and I'm proud of it!!!

HolyAarom

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 10, 2016, 07:13:40 am »
Probably a question that's already been answered ((sorry btw)), but how to you get the DL Lives to start? I'm only around level 20 something and I have Makoto and Chihaya at B Rank, as well as a few C and D rank people. Do you have to be A Rank?

Do you have the Vol. 1 Catalog downloaded? If not, try downloading it and then see if you can access the DL Lives.

Nakiame

• Hibike, Hibiki!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 10, 2016, 07:38:47 am »

I think it's possible, but be ready to grind all those 36 hours you have!

mallory627

• Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 10, 2016, 08:57:48 am »
Do you have the Vol. 1 Catalog downloaded? If not, try downloading it and then see if you can access the DL Lives.

I mean I think I can acess it? The DL Live button appears when I go onto the menu, and I can click on it, but it just shows the poster with the stuff that you can get. Is there something I have to do on that screen?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 08:59:46 am by mallory627 »
I'd have to say that I'm a new Fangirl for Hokuto Ijuiin and I'm proud of it!!!

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 10, 2016, 09:05:06 am »
no, in the event selection screen there is a tab called DL, you need to access it there.