Username: Password:

Author Topic: THE iDOLM@STER Platinum Stars Gameplay Thread  (Read 52224 times)

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
Re: THE iDOLM@STER Platinum Stars Gameplay Thread
« Reply #105 on: August 07, 2016, 05:37:50 am »
You should hear Iori's Hentai! or Azusa's Ara! My God, man. x3
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

Miki Fan

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 07, 2016, 07:27:33 am »
Ok this might be a stupid question but I accidentally selected Hibiki's noise thingy to play when I hit each note.

How do I turn it off? It's driving me insane!

You can change it anytime in options.
Where

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 07, 2016, 10:55:45 am »
Does anyone know a halfway decent wiki, even if it's in japanese. I'm mainly looking for note counts per song and difficulty.

Btw i'm glad the penlights look much better than in the PVs, they are not so uniform in the actual game.

Rofomet

• Greenhorn
  • Chitakane
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 07, 2016, 11:18:12 am »
Has anyone farmed out all the accessories from the DL live? I got the leg piece and I probably have 5-10 hours worth of runs. This is 110% designed to sell pdrops and nothing more, which is not a shocker, but damn. It would be nice of the stage would rotate too.

Does anyone have the numbers for the S rankup live? Is there even one?

I got the outfit, ears, and wings so far. S rank up is 10,000,000 fans I think.

Nakiame

• Hibike, Hibiki!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 07, 2016, 12:16:09 pm »
Btw, accessories are from Big silver presents, not gold oO

meichan111

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 07, 2016, 01:17:32 pm »
The boot camp theme was for preordering the download version of the game.

Ah okay it's just that when i go to the playstation store link it pop's up with the game, the 1st catalog and the anime

Hime Idol

• Ohimechin is life!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #111 on: August 07, 2016, 04:48:13 pm »
You can change it anytime in options.

But where in the options? I can't read Japanese at all. Sorry but I've tried everything and using Google Translate has been nothing but a pain in the ass.
I'd appreciate any help anyone has to offer. The games and DLCs are very expensive and I'd really appreciate whatever you guys can send. My PayPal.Me link: paypal.me/HimeIdol

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 07, 2016, 04:58:59 pm »
But where in the options? I can't read Japanese at all. Sorry but I've tried everything and using Google Translate has been nothing but a pain in the ass.

Should be アピール音, pretty much in the middle of the first page in the settings

Btw: has anyone found a way to rewatch rank up cut scenes?

Nakiame

• Hibike, Hibiki!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 07, 2016, 05:22:20 pm »
Btw: has anyone found a way to rewatch rank up cut scenes?
Go to your "choose leader" screen, choose idol and press square instead of circle.

iTiffany21

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #114 on: August 07, 2016, 07:58:30 pm »
Have any of you done any livestreams with the game yet? I'm really surprised Namco didn't put a blocker on the songs or anything else when it comes to the share option.

Hime Idol

• Ohimechin is life!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #115 on: August 07, 2016, 08:29:57 pm »
Have any of you done any livestreams with the game yet? I'm really surprised Namco didn't put a blocker on the songs or anything else when it comes to the share option.

I've been livestreaming the whole time with no problems so far. I'm really surprised too with how laxed Namco is being with the copyright BS this time around.

Did anyone unlock the entire DL live set yet? I only keep getting the DL outfit a few times (among other shit I don't want) and I'm out of p-drops (even the ones I bought beforehand). This is really insane. I've been going for about 6 hours straight with not one accessory yet.

Side note: I've got almost all of the in-game outfits and accessories so far. Just a few more to go. :D
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 08:40:46 pm by Hime Idol »
I'd appreciate any help anyone has to offer. The games and DLCs are very expensive and I'd really appreciate whatever you guys can send. My PayPal.Me link: paypal.me/HimeIdol

HolyAarom

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 08, 2016, 06:04:12 am »
Some miscellaneous things that might be helpful:

-You can use outfits that give more memory appeals to give you an edge in the money/fan making minigames, since they give you an extra die. This works even if the leader isn't the correct rank for the outfit. Just remember to change it when you do a Live. On that note, accessories that give fan/money/exp bonuses also apply to the minigames.

-You can hold the d-pad while pressing notes that do not require the d-pad input. This is good for songs that like to have alternating d-pad notes or a bunch of them together with non d-pad input notes.

-You can sorta cheese the makeup minigame by pressing the home button to suspend the game temporarily. Take a picture of the makeup icons before they flip over, and have it on the side when you resume the game.

Byuusan

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 08, 2016, 03:20:43 pm »

I been live streaming thru Elgato as well when i can. so lax with copyright.

iTiffany21

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #118 on: August 08, 2016, 03:47:31 pm »
I hope no one minds me asking this, what are you meant to do with multiple accessories and costumes that are given to you? I've got at least two of each of the accessories from replaying the lives.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 08, 2016, 03:51:39 pm »
I hope no one minds me asking this, what are you meant to do with multiple accessories and costumes that are given to you? I've got at least two of each of the accessories from replaying the lives.

You can upgrade them at the tailor shop to increase the appeal value of the item. It's relatively expensive though for the relatively small appeal gain, so unless you are struggling and need every bit of appeal i'd hold out for now, since you won't use the low rank items for all that long. I'd say upgrading A rank items will be useful later on, although i'm not there yet.

Additionally, there is a trophy for performing 50 upgrades, but that can also wait until you have enough items and especially enough money to do so.