Username: Password:

Author Topic: THE iDOLM@STER Platinum Stars Gameplay Thread  (Read 46964 times)

Nakiame

• Hibike, Hibiki!
    • View Profile
Re: THE iDOLM@STER Platinum Stars Gameplay Thread
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2016, 09:14:26 pm »
If you are not lucky enough to get S ranked costumes and struggle with lives after getting rank B, try leveling up a song.
You get +25 points boost to 10 notes combo for every song's level. (maybe more at level 10, dunno yet)

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2016, 01:00:27 am »
Speaking of chocolates, I eagerly await the good samaritan who'll make an idol compilation of Valentines goodness.
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

Byuusan

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2016, 05:12:58 am »
Speaking of chocolates, I eagerly await the good samaritan who'll make an idol compilation of Valentines goodness.

This is definately one of my plan to do list to record and upload. If you want i can link it to you when i get it done and uploaded.

Reikuo

• Apprentice
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2016, 06:08:44 am »
Does anyone know how the training works? I seem to have wasted some money getting up burst but its not going up any. The only place I see any information is on the formation/change leader screens and it says idol potential with their appeal, burst, and omoide listed but it seems to just mirror what their actual stats currently are. I may have missed something but I have no clue how it works. Also does anyone have information on whats in the tailor shop on the third option?
PSN Reikuo

Byuusan

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2016, 06:50:54 am »
Does anyone know how the training works? I seem to have wasted some money getting up burst but its not going up any. The only place I see any information is on the formation/change leader screens and it says idol potential with their appeal, burst, and omoide listed but it seems to just mirror what their actual stats currently are. I may have missed something but I have no clue how it works. Also does anyone have information on whats in the tailor shop on the third option?

Burst and Omoide have thier own ranking. Under thier ranking is a smaller number. That is how many time you have to use thier respectative stat to increase the rank. It seems that every Idol have a static stat for X Rank. Some are better at burst than other and same for Omoide.

By training you're simply lowering the number of times you need to burst/omoide for that idol.

I probably word that badly but that my base understanding of it.

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2016, 06:51:39 am »
This is definately one of my plan to do list to record and upload. If you want i can link it to you when i get it done and uploaded.

Yeah, that would be awesome. Much obliged in advance!
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

iTiffany21

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2016, 11:14:42 am »
The shop is actually a tailor, sort of. The first icon lets you upgrade outfits and accessories you own with duplicates. It's alright, if you have multiples of the same item, but I've found that in many cases it's better to use over-ranked outfits and accessories anyway, even if they do take your Appeal down because they'll probably still end up increasing it by quite a bit, plus you can use the abilities they add that you may not have on other, appropriately-ranked clothing. Just be careful if you do upgrade that you don't use your better items as the material instead of the base, I don't know if it adds what has already been added to your better one to the worse one that you may accidentally use as the base.

The second icon is where you exchange five at a time per exchange of Gold, Silver, or Bronze Cards, which you earn from lives as Clear/EX Clear rewards or random drops, and an amount of gold relative to the type of card for a random outfit or an accessory(I think?).

And the third icon is where you buy some types of enhancements, I guess. I'm not really familiar with them since I never bothered to try them. I'm sure they have their uses though. Seems one affects normal beats you make while using a burst, maybe it increases the points you get from them. I'm sure they're along the lines of that.

Thanks for the explanation! I wasn't sure why I was getting duplicates of the costumes but now I know what to do with them.

Roswell

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2016, 06:44:19 pm »
Game hasn't arrived yet, but I've been wondering this about the DL live. Can you only do it if you buy I Want from the catalog?

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2016, 08:51:22 pm »
Game hasn't arrived yet, but I've been wondering this about the DL live. Can you only do it if you buy I Want from the catalog?

We'll probably have to wait and see. I expect the event starts at midnight between 3rd and 4th of August, and i should be back home with the game about 30 minutes later. So if anyone here is playing with a non-japanese account, please write here as soon as you know if the event is playable on a non-japanese account, so i know on which account to start the game with. I'd like to use my european account and have the trophies on that one, and i'm willing to sacrifice the P drops for that (since you can only use those on japanese accounts), but i'm not willing to sacrifice the events for it.

Yukibro

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2016, 10:23:13 pm »
Just reposting this again because it's still being updated with slight variations. Though speaking of which, I might as well go through some of the basics on here as I've been theorizing with Setsuna's playthrough as well as my own.

- Ranks. You will probably notice there's ranks on your Burst and Omoide stats per idol as well as stuff like the song ranks, which borrow song condition titles from prior games like Keep or Break. But what do they mean? For the stats, rather than be affected by the idols leveling up (I assume that only affects the Appeal stat), Burst and Omoide go up based on playing songs with them. For instance, let's say Rank 1 to Rank 2 requires 5 songs. You could play one-song lives to get there one at a time, or you can play a three-song live and gain that many too. Song ranks work similarly: more plays add to rank ups, and as Nakiame pointed out, it also adds at least +25 points for each 10 combo chain on said song (assuming again that Rank 1 songs start at a base +50 points for 10 combos) AND boosts points earned on touchpad notes as well. There are also items that can add to these stats in various capacities, usually going +10/+20/+30. Burst has cookies, Omoide has candles, and songs have magazines. The training can also boost the Burst and Omoide ranks and are especially effective post-game, but you're going to need a lot of money.

- As far as individual idols go, there may be some variation in how they level up, particularly with how many plays they need to rank up Burst and Omoide. It's a bit more subtle than past games, so just keep it in mind.

- Memory appeals! Your Omoide stat is straight up how much you get for a basic memory appeal. But then there are skills that allows for multiple idols to appear in memory appeals which also up the points you gain, as seen in the Pastebin. So if your Omoide is 1000, expect 1500 from a duo appeal, 2000 from a trio appeal, and... well, I'll assume 5000 for a quintet appeal since I haven't even tried it yet. Keep in mind that there's a specific order to memory appeals. Your first appeal is solo, the second duo, the third trio, the fourth quintet, and then it starts again from solo. The cycle also resets if you miss a memory appeal, but it doesn't mean much. Me and Setsuna tried that already. :P

- Bursts! This is a whole other beast. So by default, it works just as Omoide works. When you burst, you immediately gain points equal to your Burst stat as well as those special burst notes, aka those glowing notes that make all appeals (even memory appeals!) worth double. The trick to bursts, however, comes from the skills that surround it. Unlike memory appeals where you only need the skill to use it, group bursts require a certain Charge level to even be used. Charge itself is a separate skill set entirely, activates on memory appeals, and goes up to Level 3. Level 1 is good enough for a Duo Burst, worth 2x Burst; Level 2 is needed for a Trio Burst, which is worth 5x Burst; and then you get to max Charge Level 3, needed for Quintet Bursts (a massive x10 Burst, great for All-Star Lives!) and Solo Bursts... which I can't really comment on since I only noticed this one in the manual. There's also some cute variation with these skills, too, since you'll likely notice the same skill has some Roman numerals following the skill name. Each variant is actually a different burst animation, which is nice enough for people wanting to check them out in S4U.

- Finally, here's a list of the various costume types, five in total:

スタンダード - Standard (ie. type does not matter)
アイドル - Idol
キラキラガール - Kirakira Girl
ハートフルレディ - Heartful Lady
元気娘 - Genki Musume
シャイニースター - Shiny Star

For those starting off with the game, note that lives list the type preferred by the live. While you are free to use any other type, there's a severe appeal reduction that makes said move utterly pointless, so just stick to the intended type for the least amount of fuss. The later lives also begin to limit by costume style as well as type, but those (Cute, Cool, Clever, Cosmic) are in English and easy to figure out. In general, just check to make sure you see a smiley face on the right box when you're coordinating your outfit for a live. That's when you know you're good.

If there's anything I'm missing or something you want to ask, feel free to mention it. Oh, and here's a link to the digital manual for easy access. You may need to save images to see them full, though. It's built around being checked on the PS4.

We'll probably have to wait and see. I expect the event starts at midnight between 3rd and 4th of August, and i should be back home with the game about 30 minutes later. So if anyone here is playing with a non-japanese account, please write here as soon as you know if the event is playable on a non-japanese account, so i know on which account to start the game with. I'd like to use my european account and have the trophies on that one, and i'm willing to sacrifice the P drops for that (since you can only use those on japanese accounts), but i'm not willing to sacrifice the events for it.

I'll keep up on that. The manual says the DL Live should appear in the 765Pad on that present icon that's currently blacked out, so that should mean it's not something that requires the Japanese store to pull up like 765 Store option. I'm still baffled by why P Drops can't be bought off PSN when everything else can, but whatever.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 10:30:24 pm by Yukibro »

Reikuo

• Apprentice
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2016, 02:44:03 am »
The manual says the DL Live should appear in the 765Pad on that present icon that's currently blacked out, so that should mean it's not something that requires the Japanese store to pull up like 765 Store option. I'm still baffled by why P Drops can't be bought off PSN when everything else can, but whatever.
Unless its just me, I dont seem to be able to pull up the rankings/leaderboard on my US account. We will find out about the DL soon enough.
PSN Reikuo

Yukibro

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2016, 05:39:42 am »
Okay, DL Live is a go. As expected, the P Drops are still region-locked as far as I know, but the actual live is open to all players. There's also a new type, Trickster:

トリックスター

Cruel Namco decides to make the first two lives require it, but EX Clearing the second one give you a C Rank outfit with that type. I'll keep updating as I go further.

Reikuo

• Apprentice
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2016, 06:09:59 am »
Okay, DL Live is a go. As expected, the P Drops are still region-locked as far as I know, but the actual live is open to all players. There's also a new type, Trickster:

トリックスター

Cruel Namco decides to make the first two lives require it, but EX Clearing the second one give you a C Rank outfit with that type. I'll keep updating as I go further.
Is there a limit to how many gold drops you can get in a certain time frame? I have heard so but unsure if true, or is it just pure random drops?
PSN Reikuo

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 04, 2016, 06:55:47 am »
Can you confirm whether you can really get the costume on a non Japanese account?

Rin

• Apprentice
  • 初めて会った日、覚えてますか?
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 04, 2016, 07:21:10 am »
Can you confirm whether you can really get the costume on a non Japanese account?

Yes. The reward for EX Clearing the 4th rank of the DL lives is the Rouge/ Noir outfit. I believe it's an S rank. You'll need a score of 57,000 to earn it.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 07:32:36 am by Rin »
What will I paint on the pure-white tomorrow that spreads to its limit?
What will I paint on the tomorrow dyed pitch-black by reality?
Through struggle, we shine.