Username: Password:

Author Topic: THE iDOLM@STER Platinum Stars Gameplay Thread  (Read 62194 times)

TheBluePhone

• Woo.
    • View Profile
Re: THE iDOLM@STER Platinum Stars Gameplay Thread
« Reply #315 on: October 06, 2016, 06:42:13 pm »
What's the fastest way to getting those fans for S Rank? I feel like I've been grinding out fans for Yayoi for AGES and I'm still even close to being done, it's kind of killing my buzz a bit....

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 06, 2016, 11:56:40 pm »
What's the fastest way to getting those fans for S Rank? I feel like I've been grinding out fans for Yayoi for AGES and I'm still even close to being done, it's kind of killing my buzz a bit....

the fastest way for a single idol is probably getting her to 5 hearts, wearing a costume with +3 hearts, +10% fans, then do promotions for the money, and then paid promotions for the fans. If you want to get all idols to S rank, it's probably fastest to do the Re:something quintet live once you got one idol to S rank.

Nayre

• Haisai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 07, 2016, 12:05:43 am »
Finally got around to listening to all the Amaterasu solos!  I figured Takane would have one of the best versions lol. This definitely feels like her type of song.

Although, the one that surprised me the most was Ritsuko's.(you're not alone there Virgo XD)  Her vocals sounded really nice in this one!  Not only that, she also adds this certain something(class?) that I really like.  I can see why they chose her for the m@ster ver.  Prolly my fav solo overall lol.

I also liked Yayoi's as well.  Her vocals felt just right here.  Don't think I've ever heard her this smooth lol.

This is such a good song though, can't get enough of it.  ;D  Everyone did a pretty decent job, for the most part.  And those outfits are so glorious!(I kyunned at Iori's XD)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 12:10:07 am by Nayre »

ZechsM

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 07, 2016, 12:35:18 am »
So what do you put on your arms slot when wearing the F rank tiara?

Solo & Duo

head- Princess Tiara rank S
body- Moon necklace (rank S, i don't remember exact name)
hand- Armed Implant
leg- Twilight Anklet

Trio & Quintet

head- Princess Tiara Rank F
body- Moon necklace
hand- Chronicle Bracelet
leg- Hypnosis Rings

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 07, 2016, 07:29:09 am »
In my case
F rank tiara (lvl 1): 9 appeal
Chronicle bracelet (lvl 9): 39 appeal + 20 appeal (skill)

S rank tiara (lvl 3): 52 appeal

Maybe you have vastly different item levels, which means, a way higher level of the F rank tiara, but i never found one apart from the one you get in the beginning.

But with the item levels i have, i need a bracelet with charge level 2 and just 16 appeal to be better off NOT using the F rank tiara for a trio burst. The bracelet from the DL live has 30 appeal at lvl 1.

Edit: The S rank bracelet has 50 appeal at lvl 5. I don't think the F rank tiara and chronicle bracelet at lvl 10 have more appeal than the 2 S rank items even at lvl 1.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 07:35:29 am by Naryoril »

Nakiame

• Hibike, Hibiki!
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 07, 2016, 07:42:07 am »
My F-rank tiara is level 60+ and has 70+ appeal.

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 07, 2016, 08:33:26 am »
In my case
F rank tiara (lvl 1): 9 appeal
Chronicle bracelet (lvl 9): 39 appeal + 20 appeal (skill)

S rank tiara (lvl 3): 52 appeal

Maybe you have vastly different item levels, which means, a way higher level of the F rank tiara, but i never found one apart from the one you get in the beginning.

But with the item levels i have, i need a bracelet with charge level 2 and just 16 appeal to be better off NOT using the F rank tiara for a trio burst. The bracelet from the DL live has 30 appeal at lvl 1.

Edit: The S rank bracelet has 50 appeal at lvl 5. I don't think the F rank tiara and chronicle bracelet at lvl 10 have more appeal than the 2 S rank items even at lvl 1.

The secret of the F rank Tiara is this - it's the only accessory you can't actually ever get from a present - you are given exactly one. The only other items you can't get copies of are the DLC purchasable costumes and accessories (namely the ones from the catalogs) so for most people, it'll stay level 1.

As well, it only gives +1 per item accessory upgrade (if you have the polishing item)

The surprise is this - You can level said item beyond the usual level 10. No one knows what the cap is (We suspect it's 99 actually, but considering that appeal points can be counted in four digits, who knows? Level 999 anyone?) but the S tiara is NOT the strongest accessory (caps at +10, with +2 per level). A level 70 F tiara will have more skills AND will outscore a +10 S rank tiara.

This is the stupidly long game though. I suspect a level 99 tiara is being used for the scoring, but considering the only way to level the item is via present drops, you'll need to be pretty lucky to cap out even by now without present intervention. (It's a drop out of the regular presents and the bronze card draw.)
Games are streamed at www.hitbox.tv/Aliciana/
No focus, any platform, suggestions welcome

Currently accepting Platinum Stars requests: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2575.0

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2415 - My technical notes on good quality recording.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 07, 2016, 09:06:11 am »
i didn't know the F rank tiara could go past lvl 10, but if i didn't make a mistake it will need lvl 27 to tie with the S rank items at lvl 1 (assuming a lvl 10 chronicle bracelet), and lvl 67 (requiring 66 of the accessory lvl up items) to tie with lvl 10 S rank items (requiring a maximum of 18 accessory lvl up items minus whatever you get in drops).

Without heavy cheesing by just letting the game run with automated button presses for days without end, i highly doubt you'll ever get the required amount of accessory lvl up items to make it worth putting them into the F rank tiara.

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 07, 2016, 09:17:34 am »
i didn't know the F rank tiara could go past lvl 10, but if i didn't make a mistake it will need lvl 27 to tie with the S rank items at lvl 1 (assuming a lvl 10 chronicle bracelet), and lvl 67 (requiring 66 of the accessory lvl up items) to tie with lvl 10 S rank items (requiring a maximum of 18 accessory lvl up items minus whatever you get in drops).

Without heavy cheesing by just letting the game run with automated button presses for days without end, i highly doubt you'll ever get the required amount of accessory lvl up items to make it worth putting them into the F rank tiara.

Mathematically, you're more likely to get the max level tiara before you finish all the DL lives (There's 12 total), given average luck, unless every DL live from now takes the drop model used in the latest live.

It's a deliberate design choice. If you're persistent enough to try and unlock all all the items in the game, you'll ALSO have decent odds getting 98 of the item.

You can also cheat a little to curve this in your favour - You can, with enough persistence, force every single set of bronze card conversions (via mass resetting) to turn into the accessory polisher. (Close the application if the bronze card use doesn't net you the item, and a restart will end you at the beginning of the week.)

So no, you don't need to automate it. You just need to turn up roughly 98*5- (5* every natural accessory upgrade item) bronze cards.

And that is FAR more likely than turning every single item in all the DL lives, surprisingly.

Currently accepting Platinum Stars requests: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2575.0

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2415 - My technical notes on good quality recording.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 07, 2016, 09:48:04 am »
what about if you ignore the extra drops from the DL lives and just go for the Platinum Trophy instead?

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 07, 2016, 10:31:49 am »
what about if you ignore the extra drops from the DL lives and just go for the Platinum Trophy instead?

Assuming you don't alter the odds with a bronze card rigging? Pretty low maxing it out (assuming the max is 99 of course)

If you want it to beat a level 1 S rank tiara, you need 41 levels to do it (As it's +1, not +2) and 61 to beat a level 10 S rank tiara

Getting 10 is easy enough (making the S rank tiara your best short term option, since there's a guaranteed live drop of said tiara) so if you want a quick boost, hold onto all the cloths and use them all once you get the S tiara.

Of course, buffing the F tiara 40 times means you get ALL the memory appeal boost levels in the one item at the same level as a entry level S tiara, allowing you a bit more flexibility in your setup. Buffing up the tiara beyond 60 levels (ie at level 61+) means the tiara is your best item bar nothing.

The odds are roughly about 10 to 15% per live of getting a regular present (so about 10 to 15 times more likely over a gold present) averaged over a full year (as you're incredibly likely for scoring multiple regular presents in a single live) and you have a 1/42 chance of landing the polisher (which sort of evens it out and then some)

You have an additional 1 in 42 chance of getting the bronze card with a regular present.

The card shows up in a silver present, at a 1 in 36 chance, with a roughly 1/3 chance compared to a regular present of dropping in the first place (Haven't been taking statistical notes on this one).

You need 5 cards to cash in at the shop, and it's unknown what items are in the bronze card pool. What we DO know is that said pool is not the same as the actual regular present pool (Some items are missing, and some silver present items show up) so it's a bit of a guess there. I'd wager at least a 1 in 20, if not 1 in 30.

Given this is directly manipulable, (You can, with persistence, constantly use them and reset until you turn up the said item) the statement I put above stands.

Given those odds, and the calculations made previously, you stand about a 50/50 chance of turning up enough bronze cards to brute force 60 of the item to buff up your accessory before you platinum the game by finding all the S ranked costumes (since the hardest thing in the regular game is to get the S ranked costumes in the regular game) and in regular play.

You WILL turn up a LOT of the bronze cards. 495 might be tricky, but remember every of the accessory item you find is 5 less of the cards you need to find!

If you're NOT brute forcing via manipulation the accessory upgrade, your odds of turning 60 of them drop to 1% or so assuming the main game. Getting 40 is somewhat more reasonable with a roughly 20% chance (Mostly due to the fact that you're rolling regular presents AND the cards, which sort of curve probability a bit if you're trying to find 20 less of them in the same timeframe.)

In short? It's not that bad in terms of odds. I've not been brute forcing the accessory item, and I'm only 5 DL lives out, and I'm beyond the 40 mark (by +6 actually, since it's the only thing I use the cloth on). If I actually cared about the tiara, I could have easily cleared 200 of the things (Since my bronze card usage count is nearly 1000, and I've seen about 5 of the item show up as a bronze card use total.)

If you include the hours required to do a DL live, remember that each DL live you want to unlock all the accessories for adds about 72 hours (assuming 50% luck with each deviation adding another 25% to the hour time) which in turn adds about 50% to the number of hours required. I've done the first 5 (Working on the costume for the current one and an accessory for the one behind that) and my hour count just cleared 762 hours (in short, I'm in the bottom 25% luck wise at the moment)

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 07, 2016, 11:39:13 am »
So if i understood you correctly, without brute forcing the bronze cards, the odds of getting enough accessory upgrade items to make it worth putting them into the F rank instead the S rank, before getting the platinum trophy, is 1%?

Ofc, if you go for more than "just" platinum, that's a different story. But if i understood you correctly, them i'm not going to bother upgrading the F rank tiara. It would be a different story if there were interesting alternatives to the charge lvl 2 on the arms slot, e.g. a combo bonus. For quintet bursts i also use the F rank tiara to free up the leg slot for chain bonus 100, or in case of an event with an image, drive trio.

Edit: And by the time you get the tiara to that level, the 40 or so appeal (assuming lvl 99 is the cap) won't make any difference anyway, unless you are going for the leaderboard.  Frankly, even now i'm looking more at the looks than at the appeal score, i'm wearing a full set of moon accessories (giving me charge lvl 2 and drive trio)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 11:43:04 am by Naryoril »

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 07, 2016, 12:35:48 pm »
It's about 1% if you want a decent odds assuming natural progression, assuming decent luck (namely, you're good enough to hit a 50/50). Given the number of lives you'd be expected to play, well, natural luck (since we don't know how to manipulate the results barring the bronze card rolls) plays a role in this. You could (if unlikely) do things like rolling 10 accessory upgrade items in a row.

All that being said, it's pretty pointless unless you are going all in on the scoring aspect - Once you reach beyond level 70ish on all idols, there shouldn't be any event that actually brings enough of a challenge given the sheer number of hours you require to actually PLAY to get to about level 70 (Which is where you'll end up if you grind idols to S rank), and remember that unlocking just the REGULAR S rank costumes will require a lot of time (because it's simply put the single longest task in the game due to the lack of fallback unlocks unlike the S ranked accessories)

I do note that the current DL live to EX clear without its S rank costume requires actual skill without using a high note count Master song at level 10 at level 99. (Namely you're using the C costume to pass the costume check) so some degree of actual tweaking (and/or memorization to score well) is actually welcome.

But if you're going in to chase a DL live (or more) for their unlocks, you're in it for the long haul. That and this DL live is the first one where you'd want to be good at it, because the accessory unlock path is relatively easy - just EX clear the 4 DL lives in sequence. The catch is you're going to do it at a handicap unless you land a gold present with the S costume, and the bar can be surprisingly high. I tried using Kyun Vampire Girl at master, and due to my unfamiliarity and relatively low note count (The song was level 10 from the gates), I actually couldn't EX clear DL live 3 with a maxed out team, a level 3 S tiara (Well, the F equivalent) using the C costume.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 07, 2016, 01:03:36 pm »
well, you are in for the long haul even if you "just" go for platinum and not for all items from the DL lives as well.

Anyway, i was able to beat the 4th live (the A rank) of the current DL live by several thousand points, but the 3rd (the B rank) was much much closer imo. That's due to the fact that in my main-team all idols have omoide rank 20 and you get triple the score for omoide appeals in the A rank live, which you don't in the B rank live.

Reikuo

• Apprentice
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 07, 2016, 07:09:14 pm »
So, my best friend stopped playing platinum stars completely. she was the one to introduce me into imas and had every game till now and she says she's never been so dissapointed with an imas game. shes going back to play ofa again to overwrite her bad memories of ps. she even stopped buying the dlc after the first one. she said she didn't want to pay for new songs and costumes if she didn't have fun playing with them later.

I mean I know many were dissapointed with platinum stars, but have you heared of any other players stopping ps ? I mean I don't own a ps4 but I wouldn't play it myself  after I have seen some gameplay and I am not a fan of grinding (except for the live parade event in starlight stage, but that was a lot of fun)

My friend who lives in japan also said he maybe dropping the game because he is just bored out of it know. are any of you feeling the same? It's kinda shame that imas first ps4 title has left so many of my friends dissapointed
I quit because the lack of outfits and not being able to farm fans at a halfway decent rate while using the outfits I want. Then the DL lives drop rates are horrid in addition to locking you out of the main game S rank drops. Just really bad design as opposed to bad mechanics. You could fix a lot of whats wrong with platinum stars with a patch or even an expansion. Wont happen though, not with the way the fans pay 1500 yen for a outfit when something like Bloodborne The Old Hunters expansion took probably 3 times the work platinum stars did entirely and it only sold for 2000 yen.